Charles N'zogbia keen on a move back to NUFC

jamie_gordon

CHARLES N'ZOGBIA is understood to be keen on making a return to Newcastle United this summer.

And Magpies boss Alan Pardew is believed to be eager to make his second coming a reality.

United – who have been continually linked with the winger for over six months – twice bid for N’Zogbia on January 31 in an attempt to beat the clock after Andy Carroll’s £35m sale to Liverpool, but Wigan chairman Dave Whelan turned down both offers.

And it has also emerged today that United have cooled their interest in Cardiff City striker Jay Bothroyd – available on a free from the play-off flops – while West Ham and England striker Carlton Cole is no longer on Pardew’s radar.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1Mp1RPWiU

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he has massively improved since playing in the role he plays now at Wigan and if we played him the same way, him and Ben Arfa could link up really well. He was a moody twat I know, but he is a player we could only be better with. I have no idea why I keep reading on here (CT for example) that we should play him at left back? Why on earth.....oh, i can't be bothered to finish that obvious sentence.....

I really hope we don't go back in for him. He's a good player and better than Jonas, for example, but he's moody as hell, caused problems during his first stint here, would probably cost an arm and a leg as Wigan's best player (and we all know how Dave Whelan gets on with Fat Mike) and generally is not worth it.

did he cause as many problems as Joey Barton?........No

he was young like Joey was once and made silly mistakes im sure he has grown out of it and he wants to come back that shows he must have feelings for NUFC

did he cause as many problems as Joey Barton?........No

he was young like Joey was once and made silly mistakes im sure he has grown out of it and he wants to come back that shows he must have feelings for NUFC

Where do you have evidence of either of the things that I've put in bold?>

how much trouble has N'zogbia been in at Wigan?

him coming back is more rumours to be honest. i did read something on Newsnow.com he would favour a move back to Newcastle

It's not falling out of night clubs with him, it's fishing for moves, ill-advisedly running his mouth, that kind of thing. He's still doing that.

Don't get me wrong, I think he'd improve our squad, I just don't believe he's changed his ways

I think he has massively improved since playing in the role he plays now at Wigan and if we played him the same way, him and Ben Arfa could link up really well. He was a moody twat I know, but he is a player we could only be better with. I have no idea why I keep reading on here (CT for example) that we should play him at left back? Why on earth.....oh, i can't be bothered to finish that obvious sentence.....

that was always his best position.

He's always been a talented player. Never mind IF he comes back he'll take the place of Ben Arfa, when he becomes another "Judas twat".

For me he's still one of those players who has a very good highlight reel but may effectively need to be carried by other team members. Just on the small amount I've seen of Ben Arfa he's a vastly more technically gifted player (ie. doesn't have his head down when running with the ball and can pick out team mates with a variety of passes).

I think for the money Wigan will want for him it wouldn't be a wise move. If it's the same price as we let him go for then fair enough. I honestly don't begrudge him leaving us originally as he was played out of position and rarely given a chance in his preferred area. On top of that he had to deal with Joe Kinnear. He was widely miss-quoted when leaving regarding ambition but I'm sure he's a little wiser about everything now and probably has a better idea of his own level.