Charles N'zogbia keen on a move back to NUFC

jamie_gordon

Anyone else remember how he'd beat his man superbly and proceed to cross the ball out of the stadium?

Bramble looked like a world beater at Wigan too, with lower expectations and less pressure-ie playin in front of only 15,000 fans.

I liked him as a player, but if we do sign him I'm not expecting the finished article.

I remember that, he was the worst crosser of a ball i'd ever seen in me life, I'm guessing thats improved now though

Not really but he doesn't play on the wing for Wigan so it's not an issue.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else remember how he'd beat his man superbly and proceed to cross the ball out of the stadium?

Bramble looked like a world beater at Wigan too, with lower expectations and less pressure-ie playin in front of only 15,000 fans.

I liked him as a player, but if we do sign him I'm not expecting the finished article.

I remember that, he was the worst crosser of a ball i'd ever seen in me life, I'm guessing thats improved now though

Milner was just as bad.

Not really but he doesn't play on the wing for Wigan so it's not an issue.

I thought that he played out wide for wigan in a 4-3-3 formation? Thats me more assuming as i've never took alot of interest in Wigans games.

And Milner once he beat his man always went to beat him again instead of crossing the ball, a bit like Gutierrez just not as frustrating

Well I think he's a very good footballer, but I hope noone's forgotten how he'd pop up every five minutes telling us how he wanted to leave the club and a whole host of Europe's elite were in for him. Was delighted to see him end up at Wigan. Hope he plays as they go down on Sunday.

The question re. a return would be whether we'd have the same old crap from him, or if he'd put in some decent shifts. Not sure if he's been coming up with the same antics at Wigan, but we don't need any nonsense here - got a good bunch of lads in the team at the moment.

PS. Fully agree that the most pleasing aspect of that article is the news that we've dropped any interest in Carlton Cole. Would be a disaster. A mate of mine suggested that DJ Campbell might be a good shout though...

Ideally we'd be getting players of Tiote's and Arfa's quality for the first team. N'Zog is miles behind both of them in terms of his ability and effectiveness in his position and in the team as a whole. As an impact sub/rotating squad player he'd be terrific though and I'd take him, not for any more than £5 mill though.

Bear in mind that is ideally, the reality will probably be a lot more grim.

Ideally we'd be getting players of Tiote's and Arfa's quality for the first team

Both Ben Arfa and Tiote were exceptional in both price and situation. As if you're going to get another player like Tiote for £4.5m. Not a chance!

Holding onto players is going to be difficult and we aren't necessarily going to be on an upwards spiral. I wouldn't trust Ashley as far as I could throw him and I'm expecting a few players to be shown the door.

N'Zogbia would be a welcome addition and he would easily start, he seems to have come on a little bit at Wigan. His set pieces either shooting or crossing seem a bit better. Either way he's a good player and it looks like we are going to have to rebuild the left wing as Enrique is off and Jonas is unsure.

Ideally we'd be getting players of Tiote's and Arfa's quality for the first team

Both Ben Arfa and Tiote were exceptional in both price and situation. As if you're going to get another player like Tiote for £4.5m. Not a chance!

Holding onto players is going to be difficult and we aren't necessarily going to be on an upwards spiral. I wouldn't trust Ashley as far as I could throw him and I'm expecting a few players to be shown the door.

N'Zogbia would be a welcome addition and he would easily start, he seems to have come on a little bit at Wigan. His set pieces either shooting or crossing seem a bit better. Either way he's a good player and it looks like we are going to have to rebuild the left wing as Enrique is off and Jonas is unsure.

i·de·al/īˈdē(ə)l/

Noun: A person or thing regarded as perfect: "you're my ideal of a man Tom".

Adjective: Satisfying one's conception of what is perfect; most suitable: "the pool is ideal for a quick dip, why don't you join me Tom?".

I agree with what you've said; that is the realistic view. I think N'zog is more effective cutting in from the right now, he hasn't got many assists in the Wigan team, but he's popped up with a good goals tally.

nzonbia would be a fantastic signing. he is one of the best wingers in the league. lets face it the likes of sanchez, hazard, young and co will not want to come to newcastle. will he want to come back? the reason he left has gone so am optimistic he might come back

Not sure exactly how much truth is in this but i'll throw it up anyway;

http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=13620048&r=tw&c=48

"Newcastle move to outbid Liverpool, Sunderland for N’Zogbia with £60,000-a-week offer

23.05.11 | tribalfootball.com

Newcastle United are making a bumper contract offer to Wigan Athletic winger Charles N'Zogbia.

The People says Toon will offer winger N’Zogbia £60,000 a week to return to St James’ Park.

And that’s bad news for Sunderland, Toon boss Alan Pardew’s main rivals, along with Kenny Dalglish’s Liverpool, in the race to sign the Wigan wide man.

The Black Cats cannot match Newcastle’s salary offer for the exciting and enigmatic Frenchman as Magpies ­owner Mike Ashley prepares to ditch his policy of not paying ­inflated wages."

In all honesty i doubt there's much in it (given the source) and it would definitely send out signals towards people currently wanting new contracts about expected wages, reckon we owuld want him 60k a week badly?

He always did have the talent, but now he has found his best position, or it is clear now his best position is an attacking one, but the key is that he is playing for a team which is relying on him a bit, it's all psychological, the type of thing a good manager susses out. He's important, and he's being made to feel it either by his manager handling him in the way he needs to be, or by virtue of knowing he's their top player, and he's responding.

I get the feeling that any N'Zogbia news or speculation is just a distraction.

Nothing will come of it.

Guest alex
I get the feeling that any N'Zogbia news or speculation is just a distraction.

Nothing will come of it.

I think you're probably on the money there.