Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

To be fair they have to speed up the storylines from the books. They can't have hours of Tyrion on a boat.

My biggest concern is that by making some of these changes they are going to give away too much of what is to come in the books. Does what happened to Selmy mean that he's not going to last long in the next book, does the lack of the iron born and Xaro Xhoan Daxos in Mereen along with the other armies mean that despite it's big build up in the books, the battle of Mereen is insignificant.

I really hope that they are just taking the show in new directions no longer based on the books.

Me too. Mainly because I like Selmy.

Well they're gonna have to seeing as George R.R. Neckbeard can't be arsed to write the next one.

Very true. But I think he's told them quite a bit of what's going to happen. Hopefully just where everything ends up rather than how it gets there.

Think he's gone, Dorne storyline is lightweight so they've thrown a Bronn death in, in an attempt to make it interesting imo. Big mistake if they have, quickly running out of characters capable of decent dialogue.

One of the best episodes there's been in ages last night. Certainly the best of the last two seasons.

Quality wasn't it. Not just for an actual reveal of the White Walker threat that we've heard so much about for the previous seasons but seeing Tyrion & Dragon Tits meet, laying the groundwork for (hopefully) an acceleration of her return to the Iron throne.

I'd expect the Dragons to be released either next ep or the final one of the season, so that should be brutal.

Mind you, it's the penultimate episode of the season next, and fuck all has happened in Dorne despite the emphasis put on their introduction pre-release.

Quality wasn't it. Not just for an actual reveal of the White Walker threat that we've heard so much about for the previous seasons but seeing Tyrion & Dragon Tits meet, laying the groundwork for (hopefully) an acceleration of her return to the Iron throne.

I'd expect the Dragons to be released either next ep or the final one of the season, so that should be brutal.

Mind you, it's the penultimate episode of the season next, and fuck all has happened in Dorne despite the emphasis put on their introduction pre-release.

Aye the White Walker thing was massive for me. The whole story is supposed to be based on the threat of the army of the dead yet five books/seasons in and we'd seen nothing of them. I'm all for a big build up but I think (particularly for the show as you can get away with talking about them more in the books) their real threat needed to shown. As someone has pointed out to me this morning, it was a bit reminicent of the zomibies on world war Z they way they swarmed. It was so good that I really forgot about the rest of the episode.

Mind you, after being dissapointed by the way they've been creating scenes just to have some tits in recently, I missed them when they were gone this episode!

Where the fuck have the little kids gone? The ones with magic powers? Not been in the season at all have they?

Nope, but their story doesn't really translate well to TV* and won't be important for a while, so you've missed nowt.

*boooorrrrrrring introspection, inner turmoil, occasional taking over of animals and trees and shit. YAWN

Where the fuck have the little kids gone? The ones with magic powers? Not been in the season at all have they?

They've caught up as far as the books have gone with the Children Of The Forrest so I assmume they're waiting for new material from GRRM before continuing that story.

They've caught up as far as the books have gone with the Children Of The Forrest so I assmum they're waiting for new material from GRRM before continuing that story.

hmmmmmm.....

Aye the White Walker thing was massive for me. The whole story is supposed to be based on the threat of the army of the dead yet five books/seasons in and we'd seen nothing of them. I'm all for a big build up but I think (particularly for the show as you can get away with talking about them more in the books) their real threat needed to shown. As someone has pointed out to me this morning, it was a bit reminicent of the zomibies on world war Z they way they swarmed. It was so good that I really forgot about the rest of the episode.

Mind you, after being dissapointed by the way they've been creating scenes just to have some tits in recently, I missed them when they were gone this episode!

white-walker-children.jpg

9HY53al.gif

hmmmmmm.....

Not my mum I feel I must clarify!

Actually does anyone else use Firefox? For some reason when I'm typing on here through firefox it shows up as one big ever increasing line of text rather than wraping round the box. It makes it a nightmare to follow what I'm typing when I get to the end of the screen. It never used to do it so I assmum it's something I've inadvertently done.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the season finale utterly spoiled by a total fucking bellend on facebook. I'm not normally that fussed about spoilers but I was looking forward to watching the episode tonight. I just don't get what writing exactly what happens and then clicking to share it gets you, what an almighty bellend. I should know better and avoid facebook tbh but I just expected the usual "errrrrmyyygaaaawd GoT what the fuckkkk" comments, but this fucking drip decided to just type out exactly what the main thing was in one horrifically misspelled sentence. I considered telling him what a bellend he is but I just 'unfriended' him instead in a furious nerd rage.

Why do people put spoilers everywhere now? Like news articles on facebook that were 'recommended for you' had titles like "shocking blah on GoT finale" then a big fucking picture of a character, trailers give most of what happens in films away now and reviews regularly spoil films and TV shows. I have had the last two episodes spoiled for me because of daft cunts on social media, they don't even get any 'likes' or anything like that, probably because they've ruined the fucking episode for everyone that saw it. Rant over, knickers are still in a twist though.

Just had the season finale utterly spoiled by a total fucking bellend on facebook. I'm not normally that fussed about spoilers but I was looking forward to watching the episode tonight. I just don't get what writing exactly what happens and then clicking to share it gets you, what an almighty bellend. I should know better and avoid facebook tbh but I just expected the usual "errrrrmyyygaaaawd GoT what the fuckkkk" comments, but this fucking drip decided to just type out exactly what the main thing was in one horrifically misspelled sentence. I considered telling him what a bellend he is but I just 'unfriended' him instead in a furious nerd rage.

Why do people put spoilers everywhere now? Like news articles on facebook that were 'recommended for you' had titles like "shocking blah on GoT finale" then a big fucking picture of a character, trailers give most of what happens in films away now and reviews regularly spoil films and TV shows. I have had the last two episodes spoiled for me because of daft cunts on social media, they don't even get any 'likes' or anything like that, probably because they've ruined the fucking episode for everyone that saw it. Rant over, knickers are still in a twist though.

You mean you didn't know Ned comes back as a white walker and tells John Snow that his mother was actually Cersei already?

Aye Facebook status spoilers is a total dick move. Get yourself off Facebook man, I almost guarantee it'll improve your life having one less wall of nonsense to check.

Edited by Gemmill

You mean you didn't know Ned comes back as a white walker and tells John Snow that his mother was actually Cersei already?

:lol: Sadly not

Aye Facebook status spoilers is a total dick move. Get yourself off Facebook man, I almost guarantee it'll improve your life having one less wall of nonsense to check.

Aye, I'm only on it to keep in touch with family and friends back home tbh. I never write status' or owt like that so I don't get the people that do, let alone the drips that type out the ending to TV shows for no apparent reason.

Yeah had a few facebook spoilers over the years, particularly Joff and the Red Wedding. Just bizarre what people are getting out of doing it.

Also *first season spoiler ;) * didn't watch the first series until it had been finished a few months. Was talking to a mate about whether it was worth watching and he said yeah but Sean Bean basically just plays Boromir, he must get pissed off at just playing the same character over and over and dying in everything he's in. Hence spoiling the entire fucking thing.

Essentially had the two main shocks of the whole series utterly ruined :lol:

:lol: Aye it's shite when people recommend something and then promptly ruin it, one of my mates does that all the time. He doesn't watch GoT fortunately but it seems nob heads I didn't even like in school are on hand to ruin that for me.

So, how long til the next series?

Other than the penultimate episode, it's been dull as ditchwater.

A few juicy cliffhangers ( plotlines! I meant plotlines you filthy buggers ) in the last one, but it needs to get lively sharpish.