Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-keith-allen-set-to-join-cast-alongside-son-alfie-9531209.html

Keith Allen can't act, he can over-act, but he can't act.

some of the arrogance in those attributed quotes is astounding too; saying he deliberately "did a rubbish audition" so he didn't play Balon Greyjoy... Balon Greyjoy, the lank haired, gaunt, dolorous old man.

Keith-Allen_280_1022996a.jpg

Can imagine him skipping down the steps of Kings Landing hooting "Me & the Imp & the Hound & the Hand, we're off to Winterfell, Me & the Imp & the Hound & the Hand, but not Oberyn Martell.

Game of Thrones, Game of thrones, Game of Throness Naaa Naaaa"

You sound like all those 50 Shades of Grey fannies complaining about casting. Now shut your face, you vile little hoop.

Listen, you deformity, it's long past time you got back to your Mean Girls fan-fic.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-keith-allen-set-to-join-cast-alongside-son-alfie-9531209.html

Keith Allen can't act, he can over-act, but he can't act.

some of the arrogance in those attributed quotes is astounding too; saying he deliberately "did a rubbish audition" so he didn't play Balon Greyjoy... Balon Greyjoy, the lank haired, gaunt, dolorous old man.

Keith-Allen_280_1022996a.jpg

Can imagine him skipping down the steps of Kings Landing hooting "Me & the Imp & the Hound & the Hand, we're off to Winterfell, Me & the Imp & the Hound & the Hand, but not Oberyn Martell.

Game of Thrones, Game of thrones, Game of Throness Naaa Naaaa"

He's got to be better than his son who is I think the worst actor I've ever seen on television.

He's got to be better than his son who is I think the worst actor I've ever seen on television.

Thought he did ok with the episode he flipped between Reek and Theon, but on the whole, yeah he's a bit shit.

Thought he did ok with the episode he flipped between Reek and Theon, but on the whole, yeah he's a bit shit.

The flip was too pronounced to make either persona believable. He's minging.

• 3 weeks later...

Got one more episode of Season 4 to watch and how this is still treated as any kind of serious show is completely beyond me. The levels of violence, man :lol: Nothing has any importance because it's all wrapped up in this ridiculous gore. It's like what a 15 year old imagines when they play Skyrim. Plenty chebs though but not enough to make up for the fact that for about 15 characters this season, absolutely fuck all has happened. If the books are going to take that long to finish, just go off on your own direction. Also, Aiden Gillen needs to pack in that accent. It's nearly as bad as his one in The Wire.

i'll still finish it like because there's about 3 things going on that are actually interesting. And if that dragon wife doesn't get her skates on, I literally can't imagine what she gets up to in the next book, aside from staring off into space and doing absolutely fuck all. She's got 3 dragons. Just hop on one, ride it to King's Landing and gan fucking radge.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

In case you're interested on the pace of things to expect in upcoming seasons based on the books:

the 5th book was a real drag so get used to it, especially with the Danerys thing

I kind of agree with the violence thing though.Yeah its one of the central themes in the books but I think the TV guys are overdoing it a bit. The Oberyn Mountain fight is a prime example. Not sure if I should use a spoiler tag here so I will just in case:

Oberyn dies a violent death in the books too, but he basically gets his head smashed in as the mountain repeatedly punches in his helmet. What they showed on TV was sickening and I dont see the reason for making the whole thing even more violent.

Edited by aimaad22

I just thought it looked a bit daft. The violence didn't bother me in the least but the death as per the book was much more realistic (though I suppose in a world with dragons, zombies, giants and wargs realism isn't that important).

In case you're interested on the pace of things to expect in upcoming seasons based on the books:

the 5th book was a real drag so get used to it, especially with the Danerys thing

I kind of agree with the violence thing though.Yeah its one of the central themes in the books but I think the TV guys are overdoing it a bit. The Oberyn Mountain fight is a prime example. Not sure if I should use a spoiler tag here so I will just in case:

Oberyn dies a violent death in the books too, but he basically gets his head smashed in as the mountain repeatedly punches in his helmet. What they showed on TV was sickening and I dont see the reason for making the whole thing even more violent.

Aye that was completely ridiculous and unnecessary.

i'm all for the violent bits , it's the only thing that isn't shit in this show (apart from dragon queen thingy)

in a series about war swords and dragons it should be ultra violent!

the fact they have all this and it still bores the balls off you for 3/4's of a season says it all really

Perhaps its only the nerd in me speaking but I wouldnt call it that boring. But aye compared to previous seasons it was a bit of a drag. Its kind of inevitable as far as epic fantasy is concerned though. Cant remember too many series Ive read that dont get bogged down some way down the middle before picking up towards the end. Tolkien was the only one who avoided it really because he kept it short.

Meanwhile there's still no release date for the 6th book so the trend may not be ending anytime soon.