Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

Gutted if Tyrion doesn't get out of this. Though they've killed off half the leading actors already so I've given up being surprised when they kill off another central character

Glad they changed the Vale of Arryn bit as the book version was a bit plot-holey.

Also I now get why they fucked around with the Jorah betrayal timing.

The Viper/Mountain fight was pretty much how I pictured it, anyone whining about the violence needs to grow a pair.

Glad they changed the Vale of Arryn bit as the book version was a bit plot-holey.

Also I now get why they fucked around with the Jorah betrayal timing.

The Viper/Mountain fight was pretty much how I pictured it, anyone whining about the violence needs to grow a pair.

It was too short for me (they could have spent more time with it if they hadn't put the shite scenes in Moletown and not bothered to add the awful subplot of Grey Worm in Missandei (although I no complaints about seeing her norks)). In the book he goes after the mountain with a 'death by a thousand cuts' plan. I don't think they really showed that. The head crush was a bit ridiculous to me too. The eye gouge was fine but I really didn't buy the mountain crushing his skull. The biggest miss was Tyrion vomiting when he knew he was dead.

I thought the bit with Tyrion and Jamie was pretty much bollocks as well. They get away with it to an extent because they're both excellent but again the time could have been better spent if they'd had Tyrion and Oberyn discussing Tyrion going to Dorne when he was found innocent (obviously those planned ended up being crushed anyway but it would have still been a good scene).

Sansa was the best thing about the episode imo. They're doing an excellent job with her character moving from being the stupid little bird to an actual player in the game. I think they've handled the Jorah bit well too. If they'd followed the books he would have been out of the show too quickly and I think he's been excellent in it.

The Theon/Ramsey bits were good too.

I think Death of a Thousand cuts works well in a book, but on TV it'd drag once he's spun around a few times.

That Greyworm subplot is unnecessary but without it, the boobs would be provided by the Mackems from Mole Town and nobody wants that .

Jorah and Tyrion might meet soon, which would lead me to believe they're getting some of book 5 into this season, which makes sense as it's supposed to be happening at the same time as book 4

I'd picked up that he was in Indiana Jones but I'd totally missed that like.

Jojen was the annoyingly cutesie kid in Love actually & Joffrey is in the Dark Knight as well. Edited by The Fish

I think Death of a Thousand cuts works well in a book, but on TV it'd drag once he's spun around a few times.

That Greyworm subplot is unnecessary but without it, the boobs would be provided by the Mackems from Mole Town and nobody wants that .

Jorah and Tyrion might meet soon, which would lead me to believe they're getting some of book 5 into this season, which makes sense as it's supposed to be happening at the same time as book 4

I'm would have been happy to give up the boobs for a bit to have a more important scene tbh. I know what you're saying about translating the book fight to the screen but I still think it could have been shown better.

They're not going to be able to have Tyrion and Jorah meed this season. The next episode is all at the wall apparently and that only leaves the last ep for Jamie to breaK Tyrion out and him kill Tywin and Shae. Varis then has to get him to Pentos and he then has to meeT Jon Connington and (F)Aegon before he can meet up with Jorah. I think you're looking at the end of season 5 before that can happen

I can see what you mean but thats what the Viper was all about! Despite the skull crushing, its difficult to decide who came of worse in the books because with each little cut the mountain was being sent to a slow and painful death and everybody knew it.

Jojen was the annoyingly cutesie kid in Love actually & Joffrey is in the Dark Knight as well.

Aye I got Jojen straight away. I knew that nights watch bloke who went mental at crasters was in The Dark Night Rises but I didn't know about Joffery.

Of course the Old Bear was Renton's dad in Trainspotting as well and Connor McCloud's cousin in Highlander. And Maester Aemon is Grouty in Porridge.

the Mackems from Mole Town and nobody wants that .

:lol:

Good episode, agree with more about the 1000 cuts crack aimaad. Sansa definitely the highlight of that episode. In the space of a couple of scenes, I felt her character FINALLY started to arc and we could see that she is undergoing a shift in personality, rather than just wandering gormlessly and aimlessly through the torrent of fuckuperry and emotional torture the has been wading through since the first season. Peter Dinklage's acting gets better and better also.

Glad Jorah has finally fucked off. Not that I dislike him (his character is probably the only thing that kept the Dany story even vaguely plausible imo (amazing that a story about radge dragons, crucifixions and an army of eunuch terminators can be so wooden)), just her cementing as a spoilt brat has been a long time coming.

I was hoping that the final scene of this season was going to be Lady Stoneheart with Tywin shitting himself in the preceding scene. However I think we will have to wait for the former until next year. Interesting that they decided to drop the Brotherhood completely from this season (does it happen in the book? I've completely forgotten whats and whens). Can't remember if they did nowt for this long in the book.

Edited by ADP

:lol:

Good episode, agree with more about the 1000 cuts crack aimaad. Sansa definitely the highlight of that episode. In the space of a couple of scenes, I felt her character FINALLY started to arc and we could see that she is undergoing a shift in personality, rather than just wandering gormlessly and aimlessly through the torrent of fuckuperry and emotional torture the has been wading through since the first season. Peter Dinklage's acting gets better and better also.

Glad Jorah has finally fucked off. Not that I dislike him (his character is probably the only thing that kept the Dany story even vaguely plausible imo (amazing that a story about radge dragons, crucifixions and an army of eunuch terminators can be so wooden)), just her cementing as a spoilt brat has been a long time coming.

I was hoping that the final scene of this season was going to be Lady Stoneheart with Tywin shitting himself in the preceding scene. However I think we will have to wait for the former until next year. Interesting that they decided to drop the Brotherhood completely from this season (does it happen in the book? I've completely forgotten whats and whens). Can't remember if they did nowt for this long in the book.

Aye, the brotherhood pretty much disapear in the books from when Arya leaves them to when Lady Stoneheart appears (atually they aren't in it much after that either so far). I'd have liked to have seen her this season but it would really be a bit of damp squib as a season cliff hanger since she doesn't then reappear until they meet up with Brienne (iirc). For people who only watch the show it would surely be a big let down unless they beef up her part

Edited by David Kelly

I've never seen anything like this standard of dweeb chat before on here btw. Alex would be spinning in his Toontastic grave if he could see what a bunch of Poindexters this place has become.