Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

The tide is turning though, some of you appear to be finally coming to your senses...

I'm purely watching this on a "silly action movie" scale now because it really has become so ridiculous. Also, the dragon queen is absolutely the worst part of this whole thing btw. She's firmly in the category of people who, when they're on screen, make me hope Brienne is right around the corner. The real best character.

I'm hoping he's close to finishing the last two books, hoping they'll release one book before a new season starts, the other when the following season starts.

Dragon tits needs to get her skates on in the books and the tv.

Hope she meets up with Aegon & Jon Connington in the next book, otherwise it'll be a rush job in the 7th book imo

Got one more episode of Season 4 to watch and how this is still treated as any kind of serious show is completely beyond me. The levels of violence, man :lol: Nothing has any importance because it's all wrapped up in this ridiculous gore. It's like what a 15 year old imagines when they play Skyrim. Plenty chebs though but not enough to make up for the fact that for about 15 characters this season, absolutely fuck all has happened. If the books are going to take that long to finish, just go off on your own direction.

With hindsight I agree.

Just hop on one, ride it to King's Landing and gan fucking radge.

:lol:

Edited by ADP

I'm hoping he's close to finishing the last two books, hoping they'll release one book before a new season starts, the other when the following season starts.

Wishful thinking I reckon, gauging from time taken to release the books thus far, it could still be years until we see even the Winds of Winter, never mind the book after that.

I thought the last few books were a bore anyway to be honest, also I realised that I had put up with some shite writing for too long. Just want to see it visually concluded now.

Edited by ADP

• 9 months later...

First 4 episodes of the new season have leaked if you want blast through them rather than waiting. The departures from the books are getting wider and wider now. Point of view characters and whole story arcs seem to be getting ignored. At least it means if you've read the books there's still a bit of mystery as to what will actually happen this season but it's a twat if you're a fan of the Iron Islands.

First 4 episodes of the new season have leaked if you want blast through them rather than waiting. The departures from the books are getting wider and wider now. Point of view characters and whole story arcs seem to be getting ignored. At least it means if you've read the books there's still a bit of mystery as to what will actually happen this season but it's a twat if you're a fan of the Iron Islands.

Only gets interesting when

Victarion gets his burnt hand and decides to sack off his brother's commands & go after Danaerys instead. The rest of it (especially Aeron) is boring and bleak.

Only gets interesting when

Victarion gets his burnt hand and decides to sack off his brother's commands & go after Danaerys instead. The rest of it (especially Aeron) is boring and bleak.

Yeah I'm not a massive fan of the all the kingsmoot stuff (or rather it just goes on a bit long) but Victarion in particular seems to be a big part of what's to come. Likewise some of the other characters that they don't seem to be bothering with in the new season. They've done something Arya that I think is a good idea for the show though. Edited by David Kelly

Not seen the new season yet, and I'm probably going to watch it week by week, rather than gorging, as I'm also working through Daredevil.

Did notice than there's no "Young Griff" character listed though, and the quote from Varys about "who said anything about a him?" both of which suggest a huge change from the books.

Yeah the've just jumped over where Tyrion meets Griff so I assume he's not going to appear at all in the show. Which might tie in with a widely held theory of that character or might just be the show dealing with too many characters in the books and them having to make the decision to just go their own way with it now that there's basically no chance GRRM will finish the books before they finish the show. Although he has said that he's going all out to get the Winds of Winter released before season 6 of GOT.

watched them at the weekend

typical GoT style, not much happens (1-2) , 3-4 bit more happens with a decent end of the 4th

then i'm assuming next couple will be boring again and the end episodes decent.

I've not watched all the 4th one yet but yeah that's pretty much my take on it too. What was missing or changed provided more interest than the actual first couple of episodes.

Cheers, how's the android box work, do you just buy one and away it goes ??

It needs setting up with the programs you need first. The lad I got mine off set it all up for me first but one of the blokes at work got one off amazon and his son set it all up for him. Said it took a couple of hours.

Not seen the new season yet, and I'm probably going to watch it week by week, rather than gorging, as I'm also working through Daredevil.

Did notice than there's no "Young Griff" character listed though, and the quote from Varys about "who said anything about a him?" both of which suggest a huge change from the books.

Started Daredevil this morning. It actually seems like it might be pretty good. Nobody knocking down skyscrapers with someone else's head, which is usually what puts me off the superhero stuff.

Started Daredevil this morning. It actually seems like it might be pretty good. Nobody knocking down skyscrapers with someone else's head, which is usually what puts me off the superhero stuff.

They've ratcheted down the ludicrous stuff from the movie (swan-diving off a building 20 floors, tumbling just before hitting a cradle & vaulting onto a moving car another 30 floors below without taking a scratch), some of the acting's pretty bad, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Like that they're subtly referencing the other Marvel products, not smashing you over the head with it.

Bodes well for the Jessica Jones, Luke Cage & -ahem- Iron Fist shows that are to follow.

There's also supposed to be a show that collects these 4 together, and then that will tie-in with the Marvel movies. Pretty ambitious stuff, but as I said, if Daredevil is a sign of things to come, it could be really good. :yahoo:

I am fully aware that you don't care. :cuppa: