FIFA 12

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ba is fucking shit in this game, a big slow piece of shit. Donnovan is good but, got him for £9m, got ramsey and welbeck on loan, thiago aswell. Ba is still shit. Gonna sell him in january and buy a decent striker.

You think the money is going on 'upkeep'?

Come on now...

no, because im not stupid and am actually fairly up on my gaming ;)

it is what they claim however, the "online pass" phenomonon is headed mostly by EA though ubisoft arent far behind and im sure the other big publishers will follow suit pretty quickly, this along with day 1 and on disc DLC are among the things I hate about gaming at the moment

I think theyre doing it because they dont get any proceeds from people buying the game 2nd hand, so charging for online play means that whoever gets the game 2nd hand will 9 times out of 10 pay to play online.

yep, thats exactly why they do it, question is whether they should or not, I think its a completely bollocks practice thats obviously all about grabbing money as much as possible, same as day 1 and on disc DLC

its used to try and cruch the used market because publishers don't make the money second time round

I don't think they should do it like. Xbox users already pay to play online then have to pay again to play on games and it's not as if EA Sports wont get enough from people buying tonnes of packs on Ultimate Team now, that'll be making them shitloads, hence why they introduced it from the start.

Other games are starting to do it aswell. Smackdown vs Raw is one that is already doing it, unsure if others are, but as soon as it catches on there'll be no going back and everygame will have to be paid for to play online.

the problem is that publishers are trying to stamp out the used market but the reasoning they give ( as well as the actual reasoning) doesnt hold up, simple fact is they are just trying to grab money that isnt theirs to grab

they give the server argument, but if no one sold the game on would that mean that in a few months the servers would die? no, once a game is bought then that discs server time is paid up for the life of the game regardless of who else uses it after the initial buyer

so then it comes to the real reason, punishing those who buy used to force them to buy new, this is the real bollocks one, surely a better practice would be to simply reward those who buy new, preorder bonuses, stuff like the extra packs on UT that I get for preordering the game are great, RAGE is a good example, throughout the game there are vaults where, if you bought new, you can pick up a bunch of supplies, nothing game breaking but its a nice reward that is entirely optional on the new buyer.

Ba is fucking shit in this game, a big slow piece of shit. Donnovan is good but, got him for £9m, got ramsey and welbeck on loan, thiago aswell. Ba is still shit. Gonna sell him in january and buy a decent striker.

I do alright with him,

not got stuck into the career mode yet mind, played mostly UT, I like building up a team in that way that I can use online or cpu rather than the career "this is your team but to play anyone else you have to go back to default" style

just bought it so far it's shite, barcelona might as well have 99 rated players in every position and the keepers are beyond shit

ive not found any probs with keepers so far, not played with anyone except toon and my UT either though so I'll have to branch out at some point

thing that bothers me is the menus and slowness of the game in general (outside of matches)

just bought it so far it's shite, barcelona might as well have 99 rated players in every position and the keepers are beyond shit

Well they are only the best team of the last 20 years or so.

Really enjoying UT this time round, have hardly touched any other game modes actually.

I've got three teams so far, my best team, a NUFC team and a Spanish team some of the Toon players are a nightmare to get hold of, rare silver players that cost a bomb on the trade, our best players were all cheap and easy to pick up but the subs bench is costing a forutne to fill

Reina

Ramos

David Luiz

Lucio

Coentrao

Navas

Diego

Cambiasso

Piatti

Rossi

Higuain

Bench

Desanctis

Rafinha

Subotic

Marchisio

Gaitan

Muller

Lisandro Lopez

Res

Guarin

Obasi

Tremoulinas

Verthongen

Lucho Gonzalez

Krul

Simpson

Saylor

Colo

Santon

Obertan

Cabaye

Tiote

Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba (wanted an in form but waaaaay too much)

bench

Harper

Willo

Kadar

Gosling

Marveaux

Shola

Donaldson

no reserves yet

Asenjo

Angel

Marchena

Dominguez

Capdevilla

Javi Garcia

Cani

Jordi Alba

Camunas

Aduriz

Soldado

Bench

Aranzubia

Botia

Gurpegi

Nolito

Diego Capel

Thiago

Llorente

I paid £5 for my current team. It's summit like

Given

*duno the RB*

Shawcross

Evans

*some good brazillian LB*

Dempsey

Cabaye

Gutierrez

*some good spanish CAM*

Milito

Gillardinio

Ah that's cool!

I'm sure my mate spent £5 a week on the last one.

you can use MS points to buy packs or coins (top pack is 7.5k coins or 120 MSp) but its optional

mate of mine just mentioned that it seems you get better packs when you buy with coins rather than MSP, probably not actually true but Ive tried it out and hes been right so far when I look at what ive opened