Quality players signed under old transfer policy

LeazesMag

Ferdinand, Ginola, Cole, Gillespie, Venison, Beresford, Barton, Given, Lee, Shearer, Sellars, Speed, Albert, Peacock, Beardsley, Solano, Dyer, Jenas, Robert, Bellamy, Parker, Hottiger, Batty, Hamman, Dabizas, Acuna, Woodgate, Carr, Butt, Milner...........there are others.

when players such as Martins, Emre, Bramble, Viana were here, people talked them up and thought they were Ok or had hopes they would have attained high quality like most of those above.

These are the bulk of the players signed, along with a number of younger players [despite claims this scouting system devised by Mike Ashley is also a new invention nobody has thought of before] which attained regular european football and numerous league positons very much superior to those accomplished by the club since Mike Ashley bought it.

Who of the players bought in the past few years, since he started capping wages and fees etc, can you class in a similar bracket to most of these players above ? Before you start, remember they haven't matched them on the pitch yet.

Continue picking out one player, ie Michael Owen, to "prove" your theory [whatever it is] if you like, but please do it using facts and relative common sense.

I really hope this sinks in with you.

Hopefully, the threads about transfers and Micheal Owen, can now get back to staying on the topics concerned.

You seriously need to get an allotment.

I started another thread to reply to him because he hijacked the other one.

I'm open to sensible discussion if he wants to discuss the different transfer policies.

Do it here if he does.

Does pot-kettle-black mean anything to you CT ?

Edited by LeazesMag

But why cant you just let it go and get on with life? You've wasted 5 years talking mainly about one subject when you could have been doing so much more.

How many more years are you going to waste?

:lol:

coming from you ? :D

my point is, he hijacked the other thread, so I'd like him to explain what his point is ? Is he trying to judge the old board on one transfer ? Whatever he's trying to say, say it here and I'll debate it with him, rather than ruin the other thread like he started to do.

I'm going out later by the way, getting on with life.......

Edited by LeazesMag

But why cant you just let it go and get on with life? You've wasted 5 years talking mainly about one subject when you could have been doing so much more.

How many more years are you going to waste?

:lol:

coming from you ? :D

Well I've been here 3 years and talk about anything thats going. :D

My suggestion would be to sign up again with a new user name and just enjoy the craic. :D

Keep going like this and I can see you outside Shearers Bar with a sandwich board on Saying "I was right, you fuckers".

Ferdinand, Ginola, Cole, Gillespie, Venison, Beresford, Barton, Given, Lee, Shearer, Sellars, Speed, Albert, Peacock, Beardsley, Solano, Dyer, Jenas, Robert, Bellamy, Parker, Hottiger, Batty, Hamman, Dabizas, Acuna, Woodgate, Carr, Butt, Milner...........there are others.

when players such as Martins, Emre, Bramble, Viana were here, people talked them up and thought they were Ok or had hopes they would have attained high quality like most of those above.

These are the bulk of the players signed, along with a number of younger players [despite claims this scouting system devised by Mike Ashley is also a new invention nobody has thought of before] which attained regular european football and numerous league positons very much superior to those accomplished by the club since Mike Ashley bought it.

Who of the players bought in the past few years, since he started capping wages and fees etc, can you class in a similar bracket to most of these players above ? Before you start, remember they haven't matched them on the pitch yet.

Continue picking out one player, ie Michael Owen, to "prove" your theory [whatever it is] if you like, but please do it using facts and relative common sense.

Hopefully, the threads about transfers and Micheal Owen, can now get back to staying on the topics concerned.

Tiote and HBA are miles better than;

Gillespie, Venison, Beresford, Lee, Sellars, Albert, Peacock, Solano, Dyer, Jenas, Robert, Bellamy, Parker, Hottiger, Dabizas, Acuna, Carr, Butt, Milner...........

I thought Sellars, Acuna, Carr, Hottiger, Dabizas, Jenas and Butt were pretty shit.

VenisonGillespie,, Beresford, Lee, Sellars, Albert, Peacock, Solano, Dyer, Jenas, Robert, Bellamy, Parker, Hottiger, Dabizas, Acuna, Carr, Butt, Milner...........

I thought Sellars, Acuna, Carr, Hottiger, Dabizas, Jenas and Butt were pretty shit.

Tiote has had a good season and HBA as been out injured most of the season, yet you proclaim they are better than the players in bold.

Care to explain how you made this decision.

VenisonGillespie,, Beresford, Lee, Sellars, Albert, Peacock, Solano, Dyer, Jenas, Robert, Bellamy, Parker, Hottiger, Dabizas, Acuna, Carr, Butt, Milner...........

Tiote has had a good season and HBA as been out injured most of the season, yet you proclaim they are better than the players in bold.

I certainly wouldn't swap Tiote or HBA or any of them, would you?

take a look at the ones i left out (Shearer, Ginola, Cole, Ferdinand etc..), they are world class and shouldn't be mixed in with above average players.

Bellamy is the only one who shouldn't be on that list, but he's a grade A twat and i took the agro he'd cause into account.

Dreamland... I'm not denying Tiote's been great and HBA looks like he could be good but 'better' than having Venison, Gillespie, Beresford, Lee, Albert, Solano, Dyer, Robert, Bellamy, Parker, Milner at the top of their game? No.

I certainly wouldn't swap Tiote or HBA or any of them, would you?

take a look at the ones i left out (Shearer, Ginola, Cole, Ferdinand etc..), they are world class and shouldn't be mixed in with above average players.

Bellamy is the only one who shouldn't be on that list, but he's a grade A twat and i took the agro he'd cause into account.

Are you fucking nuts? Ben Arfa has done next to nothing so far and you put him ahead of Rob Lee? Solano? Are you mental? Both put in year upon year of good service.

people will differ about one or two individuals here, but the collective result of what was achieved between the two sets of players is a no brainer.

Its like saying all the players of 1972 were better than the ones under Keegan and Robson particularly, and therefore the club had a better transfer policy, because the 1972 team had Tony Green in it.

Clearly bollocks.

Above average players playing along side world class players like Shearer and Ginola.

Lee was too slow and Solano was sold for 1.5m when he was 29, so how exactly is he world class...!!!

You all have rose tinted glasses.

Above average players playing along side world class players like Shearer and Ginola.

Lee was too slow and Solano was sold for 1.5m when he was 29, so how exactly is he world class...!!!

there are major differences between these groups of players and the current ones, which nobody has mentioned yet.

As I said, the point of the thread is the collective group factor.

BTW, Rob Lee, in my opinion, between 1994 and about 1998-99, was the best central midfield player in the premiership bar Roy Keane

and - most top teams are made up how you describe, you only need about 3 or 4 of these despicable "trophy players" to compete to the end for and hopefully win the trophies

Edited by LeazesMag

Did you see Solano play much? One of the best RM on the ball I've seen in the prem. Can you think of many that can put a better ball in?

Edited by JawD

Was just thinking last night how under rated Solano was. I know there is image rights etc but I thought it was madness that at the same age Beckham was sold for £25m and Solano went for £1.5m!

Solano was absolutely brilliant imo.

I think you are starting to lose perspective leazes. Everyone loved signing these kinds of players and no1 will argue that the quality they brought was a million miles ahead of what we are buying now. The cold hard facts are we did under that regime was completely unsustainable. I don't think I have ever come across someone who speaks so complimentary about a business running on heavy debt and pushing a cliff towards total extinction.

Your point of view is what is wrong with society in general, it's the standard fur coat and nee knickers syndrome "it's fine cos when I am fucked and can't afford my house or car i will go bankrupt, society will bail me out and start again"

Ashley has made plenty of mistakes but at least we still have a club to support. You bang on about clubs not going under but when the banks kick the bucket and stop giving £25m working overdrafts as standard and recall the debt the club as it was could at any point have gone in seconds. How you can continuously support an insolvent business model is completely beyond my (and 99% of the people on here's) comprehension and that is why you get the shit you do for supporting a time when we were successful on the pitch. The way I look at it is, if you buy a vw golf upfront for £15000 cash you are in a much better position than getting an Audi a5 worth £35k on hire purchase and getting a new one every 2 years but never owning anything and that's the comparison between the new and old regime!

Edited by GeeForce

Was just thinking last night how under rated Solano was. I know there is image rights etc but I thought it was madness that at the same age Beckham was sold for £25m and Solano went for £1.5m!

Solano was absolutely brilliant imo.

He was fantastic. Amazing control and vision for a pass. Linked up with Dyer well giving us great penetration down the right. Even when Solano was getting on and didnt beat a man as well, he was putting fantastic early balls in. One of the best RM we've had imo.

Gillespie, Venison, Beresford, Lee, Sellars, Albert, Peacock, Solano, Dyer, Jenas, Robert, Bellamy, Parker, Hottiger, Dabizas, Acuna, Carr, Butt, Milner...........

If you thought they were pretty shit then all I can say say is, wow!, what players you witnessed, they must have been fucking class!!