Billy Davies leaves Forest & McLeish leaves Birmingham

The Fish

McLeish must technically be Birminghams most successful manager for a long long time.

Is Pleat still in charge of transfers at Forest?

Well he won the league cup, but they've also been relegated twice under his management.

McPish as he was known as in Scotland is a very very good manager in my view, bad news if he gets this Villa job. Davies always struck me as a middle aged weegie charva, but he's got a decent track record too, wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up at Cardiff.

Cotterill has done nothing positive of note imo.

Whatever happened to Wankwell, Sheff Utd and Leeds would never have went down if they'd not have chased him. He's such an egotist, thinks he's mint, but he's got something I think.

Villa's board don't have a clue tbh.

O'Neill walks because they wont back him then they give over £24m to a man with a heart condition whom subsequently retired because of said condition.

It's ridiculous, they miss out on the man who nearly took Wigan down, then go one better by going for the man who took Birmingham down twice.

Anyone else expecting Steve McClaren to do a press conference wearing tights and holding a longbow?

It is all strange, I've never expected McClaren to go to a 1st division club, or McLeish to get linked to the Vile job after guiding Big Club to relegation. Again.

just a thought here, but as Brum have won a trophy and been relegated, would anybody actually take a trophy if it came cap in hand with a relegation ?

Does it mean he did well, or crap ?

His name seems to be mud in the top flight. I had a soft spot for Forest under Frank Clarke with Roy & Collymore(not Ian Woan though).

Regarding all the managerial movement, does anyone get the impression some of these lads like Rapey, Moyes, McLeish, Bruce keep coseying up to Fergie because he's a top man or because he might have some influence over his replacement? I'm a cynical man.

I'd fucking piss myself if Rapey or Bruce followed Ferguson. You're probably right though, or they're hoping to get a 2nd string player on the cheap. I'd add Big Sam to that list myself.

Can anyone listen to McClaren without hearing that god-awful Dutch accent?

Yesh. (Had to be done)

No, no it didn't.

Fucking Hell alex ;)

Can anyone listen to McClaren without hearing that god-awful Dutch accent?

Yesh. (Had to be done)

No, no it didn't.

Fucking Hell alex ;)

It did. For shure.

mcleish-banner.jpg

Villa fans and their bed sheets eh?

No sobs on the tyne here...

:D He'll be announced as the manager within the next 24 hours.

Confirmed :blush: