Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

If it’s just pre-match eats, you could do a lot worse than trying one of the bait outlets in the Grainger Market, Gloomy. 

Best pizza in town by a country mile, some nice burgers at the original Meat Stack, great couple of noodle bars, and a few shawarma joints last time I had a wander through. 

You can nip round the corner for an aperitif at The Clock too :lol:

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If it’s just pre-match eats, you could do a lot worse than trying one of the bait outlets in the Grainger Market, Gloomy. 

Best pizza in town by a country mile, some nice burgers at the original Meat Stack, great couple of noodle bars, and a few shawarma joints last time I had a wander through. 

You can nip round the corner for an aperitif at The Clock too :lol:

Yeah, I am but I’m also going into town with the Mrs tomorrow so want to somewhere nice. Was thinking 21 or cook house - but keen to hear other cool new spots.

is it worth going out to jesmind for that chuco’s taco place? 

Edited by Dr Gloom

I was going to say the Grainger Market but I think it shuts at half five. Mantra Thai is really nice with lots of veggie options. It’s at Forth Banks (what used to be the Waterside Palace). 

18 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Pani’s is still there and is still belting

Closed today though. :lol: Can’t recall ever going into town on an Easter Monday like (unless there was a match on). I would imagine it’s dead as a dodo if there isn’t a game on though.

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

Closed today though. :lol: Can’t recall ever going into town on an Easter Monday like (unless there was a match on). I would imagine it’s dead as a dodo if there isn’t a game on though.

the shops are open. I presumed restaurants would be too, wrongly by the look of it 

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the shops are open. I presumed restaurants would be too, wrongly by the look of it 

Might have to settle for a chain today, all the usual choices. Or maybe somewhere like My Delhi or Dabberwals if you fancy a curry? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Might have to settle for a chain today, all the usual choices. Or maybe somewhere like My Delhi or Dabberwals if you fancy a curry? 

i looked at my delhi. menu looks nice - any good? 

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i looked at my delhi. menu looks nice - any good? 

It is, although I've only had meat dishes. The lamb railway curry is superb. Think my veggie companions were happy too. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

anyone been here? 

https://www.restaurantrebel.co.uk/

looks quite fancy. fine dining in heaton - who knew?

If you go there, throw up a review. You've got the Sky apple cafe in heaton too which is probably the best veggie food I've had. If it's still open that is. 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Oh :lol: Just go to Greggs for a vegan sausage roll and that can be the end of it 

• Haha 3

Or go rogue and hit up Rio Steakhouse with a Bruno G cocktail & half a cow :lol: 

My Dehli is elite level scran mind

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You could try one of the places on Starbeck Avenue then head down to Ouseburn too. My mate reckons the Small Canteen is class, although I think they basically do one meat and one veg main course per day. Then there’s Scream for Pizza, as per Gemmill, which is quality. Little Lobo too. I bet they’re all shut too. The chippy used to be class as well if all else fails (not been in years like).