Recommend me a good restaurant in Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

So, I got this email from Blackfriars about a valentines meal. Sounded nice. The catch is, it's £70 per person (I'm conventional so that's £140). Oh, and you have to cook it yourself. I mean, WTAF?

I did The Patricia At Home thing in the first lockdown but that was 40 a head for three courses. Nice feed although same story, you had to cook it yourself. 70 a head is pushing it though. 

On 08/01/2021 at 09:00, Dr Gloom said:

the kids these days don't know they're born. 

still, we got to navigate our misspent youth without camera phones and the threat of a photographic record of every mashed up night being shared online in perpetuity.  

Definitely. If you pulled a lass on a night out you had to ring her landline and actually have a bit of craic before arranging a date. Then you had to hope to god you could remember what she looked like!

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Definitely. If you pulled a lass on a night out you had to ring her landline and actually have a bit of craic before arranging a date. Then you had to hope to god you could remember what she looked like!

I used to get the cold sweats standing at the cinema at the Metro centre wondering if I could recognise them.

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Renton said:

So, I got this email from Blackfriars about a valentines meal. Sounded nice. The catch is, it's £70 per person (I'm conventional so that's £140). Oh, and you have to cook it yourself. I mean, WTAF?

Have to admit I don't really get these "restaurant at home" box things. I'm reasonably sure it'd be just as good for all concerned if I donated £20 to a crowdfunder to help keep them afloat and spent the rest on my groceries. :dunno: :lol:  

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

A mate exiled in the US is over so I'm meeting him in Newcastle this Saturday night, and he's been recommended Khai Khai on the Quayside. Has anyone been, is it any good?

• 9 months later...

Not a restaurant and not in Newcastle but a lovely place opened on Seaburn sea front by the people who run the very popular Blacks corner in East Boldon.

Probably a bit too posh for me but a place to sit, eat or drink coffee and watch the world go by.

:lol:  It’s actually a converted bus shelter where it just so happens I met my wife 39 years ago today!

IMG_5178.thumb.jpeg.d3c34c4947f014974d814bba524c96b0.jpegIMG_5179.thumb.jpeg.8cdbe665a3c897cca9577d3acb07f816.jpeg

10 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not a restaurant and not in Newcastle but a lovely place opened on Seaburn sea front by the people who run the very popular Blacks corner in East Boldon.

Probably a bit too posh for me but a place to sit, eat or drink coffee and watch the world go by.

:lol:  It’s actually a converted bus shelter where it just so happens I met my wife 39 years ago today!

IMG_5178.thumb.jpeg.d3c34c4947f014974d814bba524c96b0.jpegIMG_5179.thumb.jpeg.8cdbe665a3c897cca9577d3acb07f816.jpeg

You charmer 🙂 

• Haha 2