Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

For the sake of clarity, who would you say has innocent people's blood on their hands? Is it the government that gave the orders or the soldiers that followed those orders?

Both, the government for allowing this to happen and the individual soldiers who decided to take the action.

Both, the government for allowing this to happen and the individual soldiers who decided to take the action.

Do you believe all soldiers that have died serving the British army have blood on their hands? Would you propose some sort of definition for who should be remembered and for those that shouldn't? Or would you scrap the whole thing altogether?

By asset, I mean squad player being used in rotation for the top 4, a first team player for Europa League teams and a key player for anyone else.

If you can't even concede that...

Well, the 7 I mentioned would get into your starting XI IMO. Feel free to debate that if you want.

Funny you mention that...

y7u6a3ed.jpg

A Spanish Blog linked Fraser Forster with the move to them. I don't put much faith in rumours, but then again, you don't get rumoured to be going somewhere for no reason. I mean, look at the other guy mentioned, Ter Stegen! If his name's in the same sentence as Forster's, then you know he's highly thought of.

Taking anything a blog says as legitimate, yep I'm sure Barca will sign Forster in the summer :lol:

7 players :lol:

So that means out of -

Krul, Debuchy Colo Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Gouffran and Cisse SEVEN of those miss out to Celtic players.

Not to mention the likes of Steven Taylor, Anita, Marveuax etc..

Christ! :lol:

Yes please debate this, I would like to see your reasons, that's open to any Celtic fans who agree btw.

Do you believe all soldiers that have died serving the British army have blood on their hands? Would you propose some sort of definition for who should be remembered and for those that shouldn't? Or would you scrap the whole thing altogether?

I'd keep it to what it's meant to be about, World War One and two veterans. Keeps everyone happy.

The point of the matter is our players are in the champions league about to play Juventus and yours are playing on channel 5 against some Ukrainian mob.

Yeah but it's impossible for you not to qualify and you would get destroyed by most of the teams in the UEFA.

Being in the champions league says fuck all about your players, name the 7 players of those listed you would drop.

If you were in our league you'd be lucky to stay in it, We would win your league by 15 points. I'd say every one of our European qualifiers - Man United, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, Liverpool & Tottenham are all far better teams than Celtic - as are a lot of teams that didn't qualify.

Just a few other points for Verrix. You epitomise Scottish football fans. You have no idea, absolutely none how ridiculous your views are. I'm not being offensive in anyway I've answered your questions politely, and I've honestly tried as hard as possible not to be sarcastic.

Guff

Our left back Izaguirre looked like he was gunna be off to Utd for £15 million summer before last, but then he went and broke his ankle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008427/Emilio-Izaguirre-edges-closer-Manchester-United-move.html#axzz2K2sJQN9O

Unsubstantiated paper talk. Why would you say £15m though? You say it because it make your insignificant football club look more important. Explain WHY you said £15m if that's not the reason, or show me a media piece where £15m is quoted. I can't express enough how small time we view you as, trying to put spin on your club like the above only highlights the fact you understand this.

Kayal is another guy who'd do a job for a mid-table BPL side who needed a decent passer, tackler and all-round hard working industrious midfielder. Same with Brown, Ledley and Mulgrew.

I'd be astonished if Kayal could get a game for Wigan or Villa same with Brown, Ledley and Mulgrew. Championship players.

Adam Matthews is a looking like a gem of a player, and is debatably the best British U21 right back.

I know absolutely nothing about this Matthews, but I bet he's shit and the biggest most important club he'll ever play for is Celtic, and IF he did come to England it would be to a Cardiff City at best. Alan Hutton was dubbed by Rangers fans as the best right back in Europe, if you shout loud enough occasionally you get noticed, which is why Tottenham paid a ridiculous £9m for him. He's complete shit, no-one wants him and easily the best right full back in Scotland over the last 10 years.

Hooper, Forster, and Wanyama would be an asset to *any* BPL team. Hooper and Forster because they're English (and we all know how much that counts down South...) and that they're both playing at a very high standard, exemplified by their respective European performances. Wanyama is there too because he looks like he could really be something special, honest to god.

Forster would be an average back up keeper for us, he was third choice here, although truthfully I do think he's better than Harper, he's certainly not a keeper one of the ten biggest in England would look twice at. The rest, well Hooper got 17 goals in the CCC for Scunthorpe the season we were down, and to be fair it IS a far better standard than the SPL, so maybe a lower team like Southampton, Villa etc...maybe he could do well there and get himself a move to a big club when he is proven? I certainly think any club paying over £8m for him would be foolish. Wanyama, a kid really, looks strong though.

Anyway, if we had anything like the TV revenue you had, we'd certainly be doing better than 15th in your league and half our squad wouldn't be playing for us.

None of your squad in my view should be playing for us.

Well, Barcelona were so impressed with Fraser Forster they nicknamed him 'La Gran Muralla' (the Great Wall). Don't see Krul getting any such praise... Take from that what you will.

Tommy Wright was never the best keeper, but we played Bristol Rovers in 1992, we won 1-2 at Twerton Park, and I refuse to believe any keeper who's ever played the game has played better. Every dog has its day.

Ho Ho, glory hunting? That's a new one. Do explain how Celtic fans fall into this "glory hunting" category?

The fact you were getting 9 and 10,000 in 1992 because you went FOUR YEARS without winning a trophy, then were up to 55,000 five years later when you won the league sort of emphasises the point.

"Diddy"? We have a world-wide fan base, courtesy of the Irish and Scottish diasporas. No offense, but I've never heard of the Geordie diaspora...

A complete myth. Most Irish don't give a fuck about you, there are more Man Utd and Liverpool fans in Ireland than Celtic without a doubt. There's only 5m people in the ROI and NI put together as well, you're talking about insignificant amounts of people. As for Irish in USA and Canada, you class any yank with an O' in front of their name who drinks Guinness as a "Celtic man". You're a tiny wart of clubs like Man Utd's big cock, you don't even register.

You accuse us of having won nothing since 1967, the year when we won the greatest honour in European club football, the Champions league? Quoting Wikipedia: "[Newcastle]'s last major honour was in 1969 when they won the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup." :thumbup: Not really comparable trophies, are they?

In terms of the prestige of winning the European Cup, you can't do any better as a club, no-one can deny that. When you think Celtic were basically a small club based on historical support and everything else in a small country like Scotland, I'd say that without becoming European Champions is without a doubt one of the greatest overachievements in the history of not just football, but world sport as a whole, and you do deserve to be proud of it especially as all the players were from within 30 miles of Glasgow.

However you show how clueless you are by diminishing our achievement. The Fairs Cup became the UEFA Cup the next season, and was held in high esteem. The sides we had to play to win it were FAR better than the ones you had to beat. Feyenoord (we beat them 4-0), they won the European Cup 12 month later beating Celtic ironically enough. Vitoria Setubal, Sporting Lisbon, Zaragoza, Rangers, and Ujpest Dosza who having beaten English champions Leeds 5-0, were thought of as the best side in Europe. Now lets see who you beat Inter Milan, Zurich (part timers), Nantes (ffs), Vojvodina and Dukla Prague (FFS). All giants of the European game. Without doubt given the standard of sides we beat en route to winning the Fairs Cup, we could've beaten all of them, indeed we did actually beat Inter the year after we won the Fairs Cup.

Then we have won the league 19 times, the cup 15 times and the league cup 8 times. We also reached the final of the Champions League again in 1970 and the Europa League final more recently in 2003. Compare that to the one second division trophy you have won in this time (and only after being relegated in the first place). Now that is "jack shit".

From 1969 to 1993 was the worst period in the history of Newcastle Uniited and I wouldn't have swapped it for Celtic's. We are HISTORICALLY a far better supported club than Rangers or Celtic, who is to say if we were in the Scottish league from then till now we wouldn't have dominated Scottish football? I can never stress how insignificant you are to us, you know more about us than we know about you, you just count and that's it. You'll say it's arrogant, but it's not!!! You just literally don't appear on anyones radar other than the odd astonishing European result every 6 or 7 years.

I didn't really want to bring up that last point, but then again, you were being a rude little cabrón. I'm surprised you did bring that point up... Surely any real Newcastle Utd fan would've known about the lack of silverware? Who's the "glory hunter" now, pal

I don't even know what this means.

Well, the 7 I mentioned would get into your starting XI IMO. Feel free to debate that if you want.

You are mentally ill mate.

Our first eleven:

Tim Krul - Second choice for Holland, should and will be first choice without a doubt

Matthieu Debuchy - Best right back at Euro 2012, first choice RB for France

Davide Santon - capped by Italy at 17, already a Champions League winner

Mapou Yanga Mbiwa - the most sort after young defender in Europe staggered we got him

Fabrizio Coloccini - Argentina international,one of the most composed defender in Europe

Yohan Cabaye - first choice for France their best player at Euro 2012

Cheikh Tiote - subject of a rejected £18m bid from Chelsea 12 months ago

Moussa Sissoko - 23 year old France international, best debutant I've ever seen

Hatem Ben Arfa - without doubt the most skillful player in English football

Yohan Gouffran - fast as fuck, skillful, massively thought of in France

Papiss Demba Cisse - first choice for Senegal 70 goals in the last 3 and a half seasons

Tell me who from your team would get in our first eleven, like in all seriousness, think hard about it, who would replace who from your team?? Us being interested in any of your players would be a massive step backwards, your best player nearly ended up at Norwich. I'm trying not to ridicule you very hard, I'm asking you reasonably with a straight face, who are the seven and who would they replace, feel free to add a little line about each players standing in the game as I have done.

I fail to understand why fans of BPL teams feel they have to under-rate the SPL habitually.

It's like Catchphrase with Roy Walker, fans of "BPL teams" say what they see.

League 1? This is a serious question: do either of you watch Scottish football? Did you not see Liverpool struggle to beat Hearts 1-0 on aggregate earlier this season in the Europa League qualifiers? This is a Hearts team that lost many of its best players over the summer and are languishing in 8th place at the time of writing.

Aye Liverpool who started the season with no wins (other than the game against Hearts) in their first ten, their worst start to a season ever, that's 121 years. They got 2 points from their first 6 "BPL" games.

There is no chip, and we're not bitter. We're perfectly happy playing in the SPL, because it means at the very least we're playing in the Champions League, and playing well might I add. I'd rather have the big teams like Juventus and Barcelona come to us once in a while, than over-rated mediocre sides like QPR, Stoke and Fulham week in, week out.

Man for man do you think you're better than Stoke, QPR and Fulham?

And don't give me that rubbish about how you get "big" teams like Chelsea, Utd, City and Arsenal to play against all the time as well. Chelsea and City couldn't even get out of the group stages of the Champions League this season, which is pathetic given how Chelsea spent 23 times as much on their squad than we did on ours, and City 27 times as much! Arsenal are not half the team they used to be, and the same could be said of Utd. They both had piss easy groups this year and proper European teams would send them both running home with their tail between their legs, any day of the week.

The fact that for the last six seasons UEFA Co-efficients indicated English club results over the period were the best in Europe, makes this ridiculous point null and void.

Don't buy into all this Sky propaganda that you have "The Best League In The World" (after all, they do have a conflict of interest right there...). You have fallen giants like Leeds, Forest and Liverpool (to a lesser extent) who have been replaced by teams with no history (City and Chelsea, anyone?) who throw money (courtesy of Sky) at Johnny Foreigner to come prop up the team and earn a trophy or two along the way.

Fallen giants like Forest and Leeds my god. Leeds have spent more time in their history outside the top flight than in it. As have Forest, they had little spells where they won trophies, Leeds have 6, Forest have 7. For the record we couldn't give a shit about the quality of the league, if our league was worse than the Maltese first division, we wouldn't give a fuck as long as we were competing, we DON'T NOTICE OR CARE about anyone else in English football let alone anyone elsewhere.

- La Liga has better quality, Real Madrid and Barcelona blow anything your league has to offer out of the water.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are richer, yet still English teams have had the better of them, it's not four years since Liverpool beat Real Madrid 4-0 for instance. The lower part of the Spanish league is thought of by the Spaniards as inferior to the lower part of the English league.

- Serie A has more passionate fans, fans who stay through thick and thin, no plastics or prawns for that matter.

You don't have enough knowledge to talk about football with this very statement,

- The Bundesliga treats its fans properly, better railway service and cheaper tickets, none of this fleecing the fans malarky.

Remember Begbie in Trainspotting when Renton says "wooah we've been to Tommy's funeral and you're talking about a scag deal???" Begbie holds his hands out, and sarcastically goes "aaaaaayyyyyyeeee?!?" well I'm doing it now. What the fuck has that got to do with anything??

Still, you only get crowds of ~50,000 (although when you were in the championship in 09/10 season, it was ~43,000) which is mostly because you have a fairly good standard of football, because you bring in fairly good players, which is because you get £40 million in TV revenue every year. Money talks, and without it, those players wouldn't be there. That said, you're basically not able to advance anymore, you can't compete with the fanbases of London, Manchester and Liverpool, Newcastle is just too small.

We get 50,000 fans because we're a fantastically well supported football club, always have been, we've always had support better than the football club have deserved. We've been shit largely for 7 seasons with an owner hated by the majority, with many supporters who won't even come back till he's gone, yet we still get the support, immeasurably better than Celtic's historically undeniably you patronising cunt. How can we not compete with the fanbases of Manchester and Liverpool pmsl. We're the major club between Yorkshire and Edinburgh we get support in every town, village and city between the two places. You really have to be the most clueless cunt I've ever seen on a message board, and truthfully I don't think you're on the wind up. You epitomise the Old Firm support, you believe in who you are, no-one else cares, or notices, truly from the bottom of my heart it's the truth. There are more Scottish Newcastle fans on here, than there are actual Celtic fans in the North East. No-one cares. Honestly if you asked most people in England if you were the champions of Scotland, they wouldn't know. You get no coverage, and never have done really.