The Andy Carroll Con

OTF

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will be alright. Re-assess in January. I actually think come then we will be about 8th.

The most astute football predictor on toontastic? Never let the bastards grind you down, Deano.

The perfect example of cognitive dissonance tbh. Bless his cottons.

I think we will be alright. Re-assess in January. I actually think come then we will be about 8th.

The most astute football predictor on toontastic? Never let the bastards grind you down, Deano.

The perfect example of cognitive dissonance tbh. Bless his cottons.

I think the 'ready to go' forum is the perfect example, literally, but Deano comes a close second!

What's the general consensus on him from the bin dippers at this point? Money well spent? :)

Theres a rumour circulating that hes fallen out with Dalglish and is going to be offloaded back to us for £15m in January.

All believable until you hit the "us paying £15m" bit :lol:

• 2 months later...

Not that it should come as a great surprise to anyone, but the writing is once again on the wall in relation to the whole Andy Carroll affair. Strengthen the team my arse.

As for those suggesting this was premature, better luck next time. Surely there can be no more deluded supporters with a shred of intelligence that have any remaining hope for the current owner and board.

:lol:

35m in

Ben Arfa 5.75m

Agent's fee's 7m

Cisse 9m?

Obertan 3m

Cabaye - Nolan 2m

7% increase in wage bil - 4m

5m unaccounted for.

You're completely right Alex but then if we dont sell anyone major before February, there will still be some saying we only bought Cisse because we are going to sell players in the summer.

BTW you did ridicule me in September for saying we may sign a striker in January. Just sayin, obviously.

You're completely right Alex but then if we dont sell anyone major before February, there will still be some saying we only bought Cisse because we are going to sell players in the summer.

BTW you did ridicule me in September for saying we may sign a striker in January. Just sayin, obviously.

You said we might sign Maiga in January iirc. I only mention that since you're a stickler for details, by your own admission. That's pipe down you fucking mug in Stevie speak.

You said we might sign Maiga in January iirc. I only mention that since you're a stickler for details, by your own admission. That's pipe down you fucking mug in Stevie speak.

You're being too literal, i was invoking the possibility that the club's stated reasons for not signing the striker in the summer were the actual truth rather than some elaborate game of charades you would have us believe, sucking on that pipe wearing a deer stalker eliminating the impossible and all that.

Not that it should come as a great surprise to anyone, but the writing is once again on the wall in relation to the whole Andy Carroll affair. Strengthen the team my arse.

As for those suggesting this was premature, better luck next time. Surely there can be no more deluded supporters with a shred of intelligence that have any remaining hope for the current owner and board.

:lol:

35m in

Ben Arfa 5.75m

Agent's fee's 7m

Cisse 9m?

Obertan 3m

Cabaye - Nolan 2m

7% increase in wage bil - 4m

5m unaccounted for.

I think you'll find that the figure you're looking for is £27m.

You're being too literal, i was invoking the possibility that the club's stated reasons for not signing the striker in the summer were the actual truth rather than some elaborate game of charades you would have us believe, sucking on that pipe wearing a deer stalker eliminating the impossible and all that.

I was taking the piss actually. Well seen you're back at work btw :razz: