Alan Pardew defends Newcastle spending policy

"Why is it that NUFC is only club stating that players salaries are paid out of monies received from selling players? Complete rubbish"

From Twitter and hard to disagree with.

You need to cancel your diary for tonight, get a warm mug of cocoa and get Chez on the PM.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose Enrique is a class footballer, but Allardyce destroyed his confidence, but there's rose tinted glasses with him too. He was poor in 07/08, and he was even worse in our relegation season, but there are genuine excuses - young lad, new city, new style of play, new country, struggling team, but I'll say this, we can afford to lose a top class left black and replace him with a decent one, it's more important to eventually replace Barton with someone of equal calibre imo, and certainly we need a top class striker.

Second half of the season I thought he was quality. The then picked up a really bad hamsstring injury, iirc.

You just knew if Jose was playing, we were safe that side on the pitch and he'd be orchestrating attacks.

Jose Enrique is a class footballer, but Allardyce destroyed his confidence, but there's rose tinted glasses with him too. He was poor in 07/08, and he was even worse in our relegation season, but there are genuine excuses - young lad, new city, new style of play, new country, struggling team, but I'll say this, we can afford to lose a top class left black and replace him with a decent one, it's more important to eventually replace Barton with someone of equal calibre imo, and certainly we need a top class striker.

Second half of the season I thought he was quality. The then picked up a really bad hamsstring injury, iirc.

You just knew if Jose was playing, we were safe that side on the pitch and he'd be orchestrating attacks.

Thats how I remember it too. If you had him and Bassong on you felt relatively safe. Beye would have been included there if he didnt get that injury, thought Jose was one of few to come out with dignity when we got relegated.

"Why is it that NUFC is only club stating that players salaries are paid out of monies received from selling players? Complete rubbish"

From Twitter and hard to disagree with.

You need to cancel your diary for tonight, get a warm mug of cocoa and get Chez on the PM.

Because he's intelligent enough to argue a different point of view and you're not? Plus, I don't think he feels strongly for the opposite point of view.

Thats how I remember it too. If you had him and Bassong on you felt relatively safe. Beye would have been included there if he didnt get that injury, thought Jose was one of few to come out with dignity when we got relegated.

I expect even Habib Beye would admit his mistake in leaving the club. I honestly can't remember a better back 4 than Beye, Colo, Bassong and Jose. If they'd have stayed, who knows.

Where's Beye now? Still at Villa warming the bench? Ten times the player Danny Simpson is. I don't see a great deal of love for Simpson. Think it was 'Unitedgate' that done him with some fans.

Pardew has to work on how Simpson deals with players running at him. I think he was protected by Joey too often last season and didn't get found out as much as he should've been, had he had a poor RM in front of him. He's a sound player but I question whether if he looked different would he be lambasted even more?

Simpson is the absolute bare minumum required for a full back.

I can't believe Beye got nowhere near the Villa first team in the last 2 seasons. He must be finished. I was impressed by him when he filled in at centre back too. Shame he left as he was really well liked.

I expect even Habib Beye would admit his mistake in leaving the club. I honestly can't remember a better back 4 than Beye, Colo, Bassong and Jose. If they'd have stayed, who knows.

Where's Beye now? Still at Villa warming the bench? Ten times the player Danny Simpson is. I don't see a great deal of love for Simpson. Think it was 'Unitedgate' that done him with some fans.

Pardew has to work on how Simpson deals with players running at him. I think he was protected by Joey too often last season and didn't get found out as much as he should've been, had he had a poor RM in front of him. He's a sound player but I question whether if he looked different would he be lambasted even more?

Aye on paper but Colo was like a fish out of water that season and Jose wasn't at the level he's at now. I don't blame Beye for fucking off like some fans by the way.

Im sure Given, Beye, Bassong and maybe even the zog really do regret leaving. Especially Given. Quite a few of our offloaded players have become benchwarmers. We might have let Beye go at the right time considering he cant conquer a first-team place at Villa. Even before that hotshot kid came in on loan.

I can't believe Beye got nowhere near the Villa first team in the last 2 seasons. He must be finished. I was impressed by him when he filled in at centre back too. Shame he left as he was really well liked.

Wor kids lass used to childmind his bairns. Got a few Nike Polos off him in the house and a pair of boots. He was a good, nice man. I have no idea why he doesn't get a game at Villa.

Read his autobiography, if he ever does one once retired and I'd bet a fortune he'll admit his mistake in leaving United.

Simpson knocks about with the plums from Geordie Shore aswell. Oh, dear.

See when we played Marseille in the UEFA Semi's, he was their best player imo over the two legs, better than Drogba was delighted when we got him.

I think Beye wanted to stay providing Shearer was manager, but when he saw Shearer wasn't getting offered anything decided to get out. Just did a google and found the article.

Not sure he'd be lumped in with the players that Nolan/Haper/Smith confronted after our friendy at Accrington Stanley, but I'd agree that he probably regrets it(maybe not the £ though).

edit : only saw Alex's post after mine. So he was in with the group of players that didn't want to hang about in the Championship then?

Edited by Barney

Aye on paper but Colo was like a fish out of water that season and Jose wasn't at the level he's at now. I don't blame Beye for fucking off like some fans by the way.

Aye on paper, but look at them as they are today and I'd give my house and motors to Ashley if he'd swap Simpson and Williamson for Beye and Bassong back.

Colo did have a poor first season but he was playing in a side being protected by Smith, Geremi and Nicky Butt. :lol:

Apparently Smith told him to fuck off. The irony.

One of the many reasons I hate Smith is he championed himself as one of the key men which held the club together, when the fact of the matter is if he was good enough to command a 60k salary with another Premiership club, he'd have been away quicker than you could say fuck off you shit Yorkshire cunt. I'll always believe that, while the players who left were branded foreign mercenaries by the self appointed "players committee".

Aye on paper, but look at them as they are today and I'd give my house and motors to Ashley if he'd swap Simpson and Williamson for Beye and Bassong back.

Colo did have a poor first season but he was playing in a side being protected by Smith, Geremi and Nicky Butt. :lol:

Nar you're not rang Beye Colo Bassong and Jose, is better than Barton Howey Albert and Beresford. Without a doubt. People look at Barton with rose tinted glasses too.

Neither do I. For all the bullshit after the Leyton Orient game where he was blamed as one of the ones who didn't want to stay who was 'disrupting team morale', he gave it all on the pitch during the relegation season, which some of the others who were criticising him couldn't claim.

Guest alex

One of the many reasons I hate Smith is he championed himself as one of the key men which held the club together, when the fact of the matter is if he was good enough to command a 60k salary with another Premiership club, he'd have been away quicker than you could say fuck off you shit Yorkshire cunt. I'll always believe that, while the players who left were branded foreign mercenaries by the self appointed "players committee".

Agree 100%.

Neither do I. For all the bullshit after the Leyton Orient game where he was blamed as one of the ones who didn't want to stay who was 'disrupting team morale', he gave it all on the pitch during the relegation season, which some of the others who were criticising him couldn't claim.

:lol: I'd gan along with both the last 2 posts there. Beye gave his all that season. Tell me 2 other players who performed better than Bassong and Beye. Anyone? That's the reason they were sold in that window as apose to Barton, Smith and Nolan who were piss poor from August to May.

Barton was otherwise engaged for a period of that but still. I'd sooner see Barton go than Jose. Though I'd prefer neither.

:lol: I'd gan along with both the last 2 posts there. Beye gave his all that season. Tell me 2 other players who performed better than Bassong and Beye. Anyone? That's the reason they were sold in that window as apose to Barton, Smith and Nolan who were piss poor from August to May.

Barton was otherwise engaged for a period of that but still. I'd sooner see Barton go than Jose. Though I'd prefer neither.

Opposed

Joey7Barton

Thats got to be put to the players committee tomo @dannysimpson12, its a borderline fine mate? ha ha..........at least 4 ton

about 17 hours ago via web

Clear and present proof Joey reads toontastic :rolleyes:

Edited by McFaul