Alan Pardew defends Newcastle spending policy

Can't believe they're getting the excuses in already.

Who knows what will happen though tbh. You can't take the words of these men at face value.

What I can't stand is the idea that Ashley now has this pot of money - the Carroll transfer fee - that he can use whenever he really has to. Gives him the perfect excuse not to invest any of his own cash - again, what exactly would he have spent on us had the regime not been lucky enough to sell Carroll at such a vastly inflated fee?

The money should be spent entirely on new players if you ask me, not things like training ground improvements.

If we invested heavily - but properly, and on the right players - then that would no doubt pay dividends over the years. As opposed to doing things as cheaply as possible and hoping for the best.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may see how on the surface, it does appear that this money has disappeared into the club. Nobody's saying sign Jackie Ronalmessi for £20m but a £4m bid for M'Bengue and a couple of highly rated others, with the stats to back them up, would do most of us.

You just don't get it, maaaaaaan.

But people totally ignore wages for players. The wage bill must be somewhere around 45 million, or even more. Whether or not people think that they can just pretend the wage bill doesn't exist, the fact remains that it does.

And when you have finished telling me I'm spouting Ashey propaganda, then ask yourself, if my Ashley propaganda is true or not.

Your Ashley propaganda isn't the point. You've totally overlooked everything said and focused on wages. We have a sustainable wage bill.

What do you think would've happened for signings if Carroll hadn't have been sold?

Whether Carroll had been sold or not, I'd hope the scouts tried to find as good bargains as possible.

We've got that 35 million, but spending money is the easier thing in the world.

The art is to spend it wisely, and that means not all in one summer.

Michael Owen cost us about 35 million, wages and fee combined.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

Whether Carroll had been sold or not, I'd hope the scouts tried to find as good bargains as possible.

you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

but at least your pride in the team would be restored, right nick?

Ultimately, if Ashley wants the club to be self sufficient and not have to spend any of his own money then anyone could do that, majority better than Ashley.

D'you fancy the role, Nick?

'You pay peanuts, you get monkeys', can easily be countered with 'fool and his money are soon parted'

By all means, spend a lot, spend little, but please, whatever you do, spend wisely!

mac Toon, I think the club have done very well, unearthing Tiote and Ben Arfa, and getting loads of money for Carroll.

Hey Ho, 50 - 60 days of the transfer window to go :lol:

That there is mate, (love to be proved wrong, i'll eat my words etc) but I wouldn't be making a 'Mickey's advent calendar of hope' to run in tandem to the window closing . In the last week of it there'll be all the "source close to the club" smokescreen cobblers coming out via Dekka's Hub Of Shite and an increased presence of quotes from Paradiddle saying how happy he is with the squad as it is .

Having said that, and considering the conditioning to lowering my expectations given their goings-on, and at the time of writing, I'd take no more outgoing players and a sound striker in as a pretty palatable conclusion .

That there is mate, (love to be proved wrong, i'll eat my words etc) but I wouldn't be making a 'Mickey's advent calendar of hope' to run in tandem to the window closing . In the last week of it there'll be all the "source close to the club" smokescreen cobblers coming out via Dekka's Hub Of Shite and an increased presence of quotes from Paradiddle saying how happy he is with the squad as it is .

Having said that, and considering the conditioning to lowering my expectations given their goings-on, and at the time of writing, I'd take no more outgoing players and a sound striker in as a pretty palatable conclusion .

Its getting like cabin fever man.

The early business has got us all fired up and then the following quiet has got us bickering. :rolleyes:

I think its pretty clear from the journos that we are in for more. Just wish they would get on with it.

The early business has got us all fired up and then the following quiet has got us bickering. :rolleyes:

I think its pretty clear from the journos that we are in for more. Just wish they would get on with it.

Yer right like ;) .

Weatherwise - this humid spell of late's not helping matters much either eh, wot wot ?!

Yer right like ;) .

Weatherwise - this humid spell of late's not helping matters much either eh, wot wot ?!

Well Im off to the lakes on Friday so hopefully theres no signal and I come back to smiley faces on Monday. ;)

The 4 year cost of e.g. £35m should always be set in the context of the 4 year revenues i.e. £380-400m. The cost of wages in year 2 is always offset by year 2 revenues. It's a really simple dynamic model.

Edited by ChezGiven

The 4 year cost of e.g. £35m should always be set in the context of the 4 year revenues i.e. £380-400m. The cost of wages in year 2 is always offset year 2 revenues. It's a really simple dynamic model.

Well of course 1 player isn't going to snap up the entire year's revenue for fark's sake!!!

But it is important that the whole squad doesn't snap up the entire year's revenue!!!

If he wants to get the fans on his side somewhat all Ashley would have to do is get rid of Llambias. The guy knows nothing about running a football club. He doesn't have a clue and whilst Ashley might have the final say, you can imagine it's really his best mate pulling the strings.

Edited by Tecato

If he wants to get the fans on his side somewhat all Ashley would have to do is get rid of Llambias. The guy knows nothing about running a football club. He doesn't have a clue and whilst Ashley might have the final say, you can imagine it's really his best mate pulling the strings.

Well he seems to be pulling them very well. 12th place, in our first season back, plus 35 mill into the bargain.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Nick-Kielce-Poland.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Nick-Kielce-Poland

It was only a question of time, to be honest.

The 4 year cost of e.g. £35m should always be set in the context of the 4 year revenues i.e. £380-400m. The cost of wages in year 2 is always offset by year 2 revenues. It's a really simple dynamic model.

i'm sorry like, and being totally honest when say i'm honestly hopeless following monetary matters (just becomes a blur given the way me brain's wired ?)

to that effect, is that statement available as a picture (by means of a descriptive metaphor n wotnot ? :lol: )

i'm sorry like, and being totally honest when say i'm honestly hopeless following monetary matters (just becomes a blur given the way me brain's wired ?)

to that effect, is that statement available as a picture (by means of a descriptive metaphor n wotnot ? :lol: )

:rolleyes:

Chez is a proper Mr logic like.

:rolleyes:

Chez is a proper Mr logic like.

I'm still working at this late hour, it has this effect on me.

You may see how on the surface, it does appear that this money has disappeared into the club. Nobody's saying sign Jackie Ronalmessi for £20m but a £4m bid for M'Bengue and a couple of highly rated others, with the stats to back them up, would do most of us.

But people totally ignore wages for players. The wage bill must be somewhere around 45 million, or even more. Whether or not people think that they can just pretend the wage bill doesn't exist, the fact remains that it does.

And when you have finished telling me I'm spouting Ashey propaganda, then ask yourself, if my Ashley propaganda is true or not.

You mean just like you are?

Out and wages off the books: Carroll, Nolan, Campbell, Kuqi

In and now paid wages: Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux, Abeid

Do you honestly think they are costing more in wages than those they are replacing?

Not a hope in hell.

You mean just like you are?

Out and wages off the books: Carroll, Nolan, Campbell, Kuqi

In and now paid wages: Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux, Abeid

Do you honestly think they are costing more in wages than those they are replacing?

Not a hope in hell.

I doubt there's much in it tbh.