The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Brock Manson

Not had any mental 12 hour sessions with this as I did with Oblivion. Don't know if it's age or interest level or what but I've done 14/15 hours so far but in little chunks. Just been ploughing through Dark Brotherhood anyway. Punched the bride in the back of the head with a sneak attack and killed her which was nice and a gentle reminder to the rest of Skyrim that when I put a boxing clinic on, nobody gets out alive.

Ran around naked to see the reactions but so far, Skyrim loses out to Saint's Row 2 in the NPC reaction to streaking sadly.

Went into a random house while the homeowner was asleep and moved everything I could in his bedroom into his living room and then I'm going to go back in a few days and see if he's shifted it all back.

:lol:

Now that's what I call gaming!

Let us know mate.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting through the mage quests quite easily. Rather worryingly, in a couple of quests time (assuming I am a high enough level to get through them) I should get the arch-mages robes and the mask that is specific to magic and stuff. Will be a little disheartened if they happen to be the best robes I can get despite the early stage I'm at, but oh well!

Guess from then on I just go about improving my magic and archery? Wondering if there is something I am missing out on...

Not had any mental 12 hour sessions with this as I did with Oblivion. Don't know if it's age or interest level or what but I've done 14/15 hours so far but in little chunks. Just been ploughing through Dark Brotherhood anyway. Punched the bride in the back of the head with a sneak attack and killed her which was nice and a gentle reminder to the rest of Skyrim that when I put a boxing clinic on, nobody gets out alive.

Ran around naked to see the reactions but so far, Skyrim loses out to Saint's Row 2 in the NPC reaction to streaking sadly.

Went into a random house while the homeowner was asleep and moved everything I could in his bedroom into his living room and then I'm going to go back in a few days and see if he's shifted it all back.

:lol:

Now that's what I call gaming!

Let us know mate.

Was all still there. Living in filth, this twat so I stole all his cheese to see if he buys anymore.

what an utter pile of shite and a stupid idea, dungeons get set by the level you first enter them, so now after powerleveling my smithing and killing some dragons i'm on the "night to remember quest"

pyromancer at the end litterally one or two hits me every single time, i've absolutely no chance whatsoever even though this is meant to be one of the easier side quests :lol:

great story/quests, looks nice

ui/design/combat is utterly hopeless.

what level are you at? because Ive just started and seen it through myself at level 30 having done a lot quite similar to you I think and not struggled at all

Walking around right now wearing a funny little crown type thing. Has exactly the same effect as the hood I was wearing, but I just want to stand out from my other mage friends!

Think what I will do is look to level up my enchantment so that I can enchant my boots/amulets/arm things/rings until my destruction spells cost 0 Magika. Will do this alongside levelling conjuration and destruction until I can go into battle, send in a conjuration to take the attention off me, and then spam everyone with whatever destruction spells I fancy.

Bit gutted that my character is going to look fairly similar for the whole thing, like, but at least I can walk around in a mask like I don't have a care in the world...

(Suppose, though, that no one has got massively far yet, so maybe there is more scope to what I can do at a much much later point in the game)

Edited by Nyff

Killed a dragon priest called Vokun I think, was just wandering round and entered this random dungeon. Not sure about the other masks they drop or if any others have them but the one Vokun drops I highly recommend for mages. My flame atronach seems to be my best friend atm, getting me out of most situations. I found the dragon priest to be a lot harder than the dragons themselves.

Using your dragon shout to push people off the side of mountains is my favourite thing to do in this game. That poor horse didn't know what hit it but then karma struck when a snow troll came and chinned me and I fell off the side of a mountain. Snow Trolls are still the bane of my existence in this game.

Bloke didn't rebuy his cheese. I demand Bethesda patch that in.

Killed a dragon priest called Vokun I think, was just wandering round and entered this random dungeon. Not sure about the other masks they drop or if any others have them but the one Vokun drops I highly recommend for mages. My flame atronach seems to be my best friend atm, getting me out of most situations. I found the dragon priest to be a lot harder than the dragons themselves.

Which mask is that? The 100% faster magika regeneration one?

I should get my hands on that in a couple of quests time. It is amazing how detailed some of the stories off the main quest are. I sometimes forget that the quests I'm doing for the mage's guild aren't actually part of the main quest itself. But still, looking forward to turning up for the main quest again in some quality robes with one of the masks on....

Might power-level my enchanting later so I can work towards a 0 cost of casting destruction spells.

I should get my hands on that in a couple of quests time. It is amazing how detailed some of the stories off the main quest are. I sometimes forget that the quests I'm doing for the mage's guild aren't actually part of the main quest itself. But still, looking forward to turning up for the main quest again in some quality robes with one of the masks on....

Might power-level my enchanting later so I can work towards a 0 cost of casting destruction spells.

Not sure, don't think so though. I think it covers a range of my most important skills though, destruction, restoration and conjuration. Very useful though and i'd recommend it highly. Only bad thing about robes they offer 0 (I think?) or very little armor rating. But the perks they offer is great. BTW if you are going to fight Vokun be careful, wiped me out with 2 shots with his staff everytime, even when i was downing the potions.

Not sure, don't think so though. I think it covers a range of my most important skills though, destruction, restoration and conjuration. Very useful though and i'd recommend it highly. Only bad thing about robes they offer 0 (I think?) or very little armor rating. But the perks they offer is great. BTW if you are going to fight Vokun be careful, wiped me out with 2 shots with his staff everytime, even when i was downing the potions.

I think the guy I'm going to fight is someone else. A little worried, though, because apparently he has a spell that turns your summon against you which means I won't be able to use my usual tactic of turning enemies attention towards my flame atronach!

Im curious to why everyone uses these types of methods to level up fast? I admit I used to spell-bash on oblivion to level my destruction, restoration etc. But sneaking aroud sleeping people and such is just boring. If your guy is going to be a stealthy guy then your going to be sneaking around alot and wont need to do these type of things.

Fair enough, each to their own I suppose, I would probably do things like that on my second play through but I'm going to do everything and anything I can on my first pay through. Judging by how levelling Im quicking anyone got an idea of the level cap this time?

Is it just me or not but when I load the game up and flick through my huge amount of quests I have no idea where to start. I usually just end up doing a misc. quest and fast travelling to close-ish by and running around exploring, looking for dungeons and ore and what not.

Because I played warcraft for long enough i can't be fucked grinding things.

What's stupid is you gaining levels for increasing your attributes, which by leveling blacksmithing without using any "bugs" has left me fucked currently when going into dungeons because it's put me upto level 20ish from 8 or whatever, now when i go into a dungeon it puts me up against foes for that level even if it's an early quest, but my stats for assigning perk points are shite

i literally have 7-9 perks i can't assign atm because my heavy armor etc is still below 30, so when i go into these dungeons it expects me to have the combat stats/perks to match the level..which i don't so i get bitchslapped by the mini bosses in a hit.

well whose fault is that for power leveling one stat then? :P

also, I'm finding it odd that you are struggling so much

I powered the shite out of smithing too, it is far in excess of my other best stats but I don't struggle in boss combat

if you've got the cash go and get some trainers to help you out a little

I bought the house in solitude last night, 25k...totally wiped me out but it is very nice and Ive fuck all else to spend my cash on

the upgrades cost another 10 though :glare:

Im finding it odd that you're finding it too easy. Im not finding it too difficult, but against that dragon priest I had to at least have 10 tries. Maybe because I wear no armour just those robes. Also currently in a dungeon fighting some strange goblins which are oddly killing me with two arrows.

Edited by Inglez

The game designers for badly implementing leveling and stat attribution/balance, it should also make a difference to what your wearing, i honestly can't notice any real changes from wearing the dragon plate or my steel stuff damage wise.

more so the mistake is making dungeons work on the basis of what level you enter is then the level for that dungeon from then on, that is utterly moronic.

Dungeons should be set at a level aimed for certain parts of a game.

Disagree completly, you could just power level early on, leave the early quests etc and when you enter a dungeon at level 15 or so, be fighting level 1 Skeever's and stuff.

The game designers for badly implementing leveling and stat attribution/balance, it should also make a difference to what your wearing, i honestly can't notice any real changes from wearing the dragon plate or my steel stuff damage wise.

more so the mistake is making dungeons work on the basis of what level you enter is then the level for that dungeon from then on, that is utterly moronic.

Dungeons should be set at a level aimed for certain parts of a game.

This is the first time i've "struggled" and i don't think that you can call being one or two shot a struggle tbh, it's imbalanced especially for what is an early quest.

Bad bad design.

(should prob point out rpg's are the games i'd play the most in case people think it's because i'm new to them or something, i'm well aware how stat distribution and the rest should work)

well if theyre too hard why don't you leave and come back to them when you can handle it?

Ive had to do it before, and to me it makes more sense if some areas force you to do that otherwise youd be in the situation of being able to walk the game without ever gaining levels, some things have got to be harder it might be imbalanced but Id say its better than wandering into a dungeon for a questline youve just started and having it be a total cakewalk because youve started it later than you maybe shouldve done