Reasons to be cheerful

Christmas Tree

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you bum Ferguson so much when you've never seen him play?

The kid is barely through puberty, it'll be a long while before he can take over from Enrique.

Are you 12 ? :lol:

Im pretty sure i havent mentioned in here that he should replace Enrique :lol:

And I've seen him play many times and sung his praises many times.

Strikers....BA,Ameobi,Best,Ranger,Lovenkrands,Sammy Ameobi and one to come in plus if Pardew is looking at a 4-5-1/4-3-3 we will be overloaded, providing we get a proven striker in I think that's enough plus loose Ranger,Lovenkrands or Best.

Midfield is well covered if Barton stays

Defence now is a priority,Enrique good as gone we need a LB and a CB cover

I seriously can't believe Perch and Smith have not been shipped out

Could almost be construed as a 1-10-0 if Ba gets injured ?

I really hope Best comes good (as much for the bloke he is) and very excited at Cabaye .

I can't say much more (with any real conviction) at present tbh.

Ant, I really feel so sorry for you if you can't rest to one side the bad things and have some cheer for the good stuff.

Thick or thin, poorer or richer, til death do us part.

You have also said this season you are going to watch other teams and not NUFC.

Seriously if it's got you that bad I feel sorry for you.

No harm CT i'm far more of a football fan than you will ever be for the fact i watch pretty much anything (like i'm currently watching AC vs Inter in the Supercup as i type this) this is why I (along with the majority of the better posters on here) have a more informed opinion on our club than yourself, when it involves us against other teams and especially when it involves signings coming in.

I always watch other teams, i'm not you.

For example with the recent rumours of Kerrison, you'll come on here no doubt waxing lyrical about "brazilian wonderkid been at barcelona santos and fiorentina zomg!¬"!¬!"! go team ashley" after reading a dodgy report in the sun or on the bbc/wikipedia.

While the rest of us will think "oh aye that lad who had potential, never fullfilled any of it yet even after loan spells in portugal and serie.a, didn't actually appear for barca and then was sent home to brazil because he got homesick" (ironically did nothing in europe but did well when back home in brazil linking up with ganso and neymar).

There is currently is no good stuff at our club, there really isn't, We have past heroes like Beardsley who i have basically lost all respect for with the way he's got on in recent times after being one of my favourite players.

We had a new player newcastle born n bred, come through the ranks, make it right to the upper echelons of the #9 shirt and we sold him to replace him with? Nobody.

for instance your bigging up Ba, who i think is /ok/ has a good ratio you're right, but considering with his dodgy knee, his going on strike at his former club to force a transfer and refusing to turn up, who then joined west ham for in january for a reported £3m-£5m, and what happened? 6months later they went down and he jumped ship for free. That's the kind of player you reckon we should pin our hopes on after acquiring £35m to spend? seriously?

Marveaux you've never seen play have you? yet look what you've written, guess what CT i have, and asides from one spectacular season, his goal return was around 7iirc in 4 seasons (and no he still made quite a number of appearances before the injuries so that wasn't the reason). But i'm sure he can fill the gap in goals and assists nevermind leadership that has been left now Nolans gone and Barton is basically gone as well.

Cabaye is a tidy player, he'll be good alongside tiote and won't misplace passes often simple tidy game , he is absolutely not a goal threat in any way shape or form, infact as stated by Pardew he's playing behind tiote, he's a french pirlo if you will, except he doesn't have pirlos technique or shooting ability.

So you're right i will properly enjoy watching the likes of Aguero light up the league for city, and Ballotelli causing drama amongst his genius, and how a the new "Mourihno" gets on with Chelsea because for football fans thats what it's about it's entertainment and a joy to see.

For the club i support those days are long gone, we don't have those players or that sort of staff, we have whats going free or what we can fudge in quickly, and anytime we do get a slight glimmer of something looking good, we get a swift kick in the face and put back into our new found position of the doldrums.

It'll be a joy if Tiote has another season like last and continues his great form....because this thread will crop back up and sum you up, as he'll be sold at a profit and replaced with a freebie, and you'll be posting on the genius of the board as per normal.

So i feel sorry for you CT, you can be blindly positive all you like but you just look stupid and are shown up for the exact type of fan the club now love to have, one easily distracted by neon cardboard signs with big writing on it "BIG SAVINGS SUPER SALE NOW ON!!".

You're a lost cause

Stopped there for the record. :lol:

How can you bum Ferguson so much when you've never seen him play?

The kid is barely through puberty, it'll be a long while before he can take over from Enrique.

Are you 12 ? :(

Im pretty sure i havent mentioned in here that he should replace Enrique :lol:

And I've seen him play many times and sung his praises many times.

You were raving about him before actually seeing him play. :lol:

CT has been a ST holder tbf

Aye so he says. phone photo/scan or whatever it was from a monthly statement from 5 years ago, handy thing to keep around the house like :lol:

either way it's irrelevant like i said he hasn't a clue and he's far from a football fan let alone a proper fan of the club, just some bored oul fart spending his time looking like a dick on here telling tales and spouting shite.

no doubt we'll be treated to more match day posts where he's off and doesn't attend despite living 15mins away and being a superfan of the board and the clubs current state.

either way we all know he didn't stop reading, just like he's kept me on ignore eh? didn't reply like he never does when someone points out he's clueless and his points were daft.

edit > I'd taken him off ignore but he's back on it, a total waste of time reading his posts

fwiw my Dad had a season ticket. I wouldn't call him a football fan as such. He enjoys a good game, but he's not invested in the club emotionally. He went to spend time with me more than anything.

Ant, I really feel so sorry for you if you can't rest to one side the bad things and have some cheer for the good stuff.

Thick or thin, poorer or richer, til death do us part.

You have also said this season you are going to watch other teams and not NUFC.

Seriously if it's got you that bad I feel sorry for you.

This is the bit I think you get mixed up on.

Being a "proper" fan does not equate to being positive when everything is grey, it equates to supporting the team through thin and thinner, thats what we all do, whether we're a die hard 40 games a seasoner, a once a year treat trip to SJP or sat in the far corner of the globe listening to a crackly radio at 4 in the morning.

You dont have to support the club to support the team

You dont have to believe that everything is great when the sky is falling around you

You simply have to love the badge.

Convincing yourself every players a Pele and desperately clinging onto some forlorn hope that every player purchased and sold has been done so for the good of the team does not maketh the fan

I think this thread is all about the "team" and not the "club".

This club has had it's fair share of shit times over the last 30 years and in the majority of that time we have started seasons far worse off than we start this one.

There is enough negativity creeping into virtually every other Newcastle thread and it does no harm IMO to remember that for all that isn't right, there is still some very exciting players at the club about to take to the field.

Its a bit shit on here that anyone, not just me, who wants to talk about good stuff at the club / team has to constantly see every conversation dragged back to crapsville.

It should be okay to have a bit of balance on here.

Guest Your Name Here

This club has had it's fair share of shit times over the last 30 years and in the majority of that time we have started seasons far worse off than we start this one.

There is enough negativity creeping into virtually every other Newcastle thread and it does no harm IMO to remember that for all that isn't right, there is still some very exciting players at the club about to take to the field.

Its a bit shit on here that anyone, not just me, who wants to talk about good stuff at the club / team has to constantly see every conversation dragged back to crapsville.

That’ll because Ashley has created an atmosphere of cynicism and mistrust around every aspect of the club.

That said I think your right to an extent, there is an outside chance we’ll not be shit this season and in Ben Arfa we have a genuinely exciting player.

you don't have balance for the sake of it you have balance when it's supposed to be there.

"god everyone is saying everything has gone horribly wrong, i know i'll pipe up and pretend it's rosey spout a load of stuff about things i don't really know anything about just to be different" and you wonder why you get called Contrary?

It's like arguing black is white just to be different because everyone else has went for the correct angle

Your correct angle is watching other teams instead of Newcastle and telling other fans what a better fan you are than them!

I think I'll pass :lol:

Only one of us claims to be the superfan :lol:

Seriously though, you have no interest in what I say, yet you follow me around derailing thread after thread.

Why not just put me on ignore?

That's where I had you and I mistakenly took you off thinking you might have got over your superfaness.

Your back on now and I would suggest you the same.

Sad man.

Won't bother replying to your stupidity again, it's just feeding the troll frankly and the end of the month should see you disappear with embarrassment if you've any sort of integrity at all

Can guarantee regardless of what happens at the club he'll be here. They could sell all of the first team and promote the reserves side, and he'd create a post about how positive and dynamic it is that we're promoting our youth and being financially responsible.

agree mate.

Last year we were all fearing relegation but we well avoided that in fact we were a couple of minutes off a top ten place.

We lost Carroll halve way through last season and survived did ok (not great) so th eloss of him we have got over.

We lost Nolan and I'm sure most on here agree with the clubs stance.

Enrique was always going to leave and he has disrepected the badge in a big style, but we will miss him.

Barton I can not understand what has happened here but he cannot dis his emloyer like he has.

We have brought in some good skillful players add to this Gosling and BA plus a few more signings I do fel we have moved on from last year.

Enrique was always going to leave and he has disrepected the badge in a big style, but we will miss him.

Absolute horse shit.

Reasons to be cheerful? The fat fucka might have to sell us to recoup the £200 odd million that he's just lost on the stock market!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...ped-riches.html

That would certainly make me a LOT happier!

:D

Do you think he doesn't want to sell us anyway?

He'd sell today if the right offer (for him) came in.

*deleted*

I shouldn't really get drawn into these things as Gemmill pointed out before it's tedious and a lost cause as you're clearly just a wum, but there ya go how anyone can claim to be a fan but not actually follow football is beyond me.

Won't bother replying to your stupidity again, it's just feeding the troll frankly and the end of the month should see you disappear with embarrassment if you've any sort of integrity at all

You are truly a joke to the words "football supporter" as for the sad man you're probably not a kick in the arse off twice my age if your daughters 22, you're making cracks about playstations and "tbs", and embrassing yourself on here.

At 29 i think the state your in taxi man it's a bit rich to call me or frankly anyone else sad.

I agree of most of what you're saying, but age should play absolute no account in anyones opinions/views on anyone here anyway (other than banter ofcourse). Some of the older ones on here are the most immature and I thought you were older than 29 I do admit :D.

Anyway, i'll always support the team, regardless of my opinions of the owners. I hate Ashley as much as anyone, but lads like Cabaye want to come to this club and seem excited to pull on that black and white shirt, I think we should support them all the way, and not going to games etc is only going to make the situation worse, when it's not the players fault. Protest the fat cockney bastard and whatever, but i'm still going to go to games (oot so i'm no superfan by any stretch of the imagination), watch streams online, watch every game of tv and support everything the players do in the new shirt I bought (from JJB... that was my way of being a rebel :D )