Sunderland v Newcastle 20/08/2011 prediction

I ♥ Daddys Cock

The Fairs Cup was a European Trophy and rightly belongs in your honours list, but to add any more importance to it than it deserved is ridiculous.

You qualified from 10th place becuase of the only one team from one city rule, which meant at least 3 other teams were excluded. It was set up to promote trade fairs and although there were good teams entering it was never a fair comp because of the silly rules.

Still a European trophy though.

Well said Marra, the Mags are all high and mighty because they had a couple of good years under Sir Bobby before disgracefully hounding the great man out of the job. They then distastefully hijacked all the headlines after his death, despite treating him like shite near the end of his tenure. Is it any wonder the giant of the game that Sir Bobby was, spent more time watching Sunderland than Newcastle in the last couple of years of his life?

Explain how and what exactly was distasteful you inbred Consett bamp.

What do I need to explain? Even Craig Bellamy said it in an interview a couple of weeks back. He said the fans were whingeing because Newcastle hadn't won the title (lol Newcastle win the title haha), I'll actually find the quote for you marra.

Bellamy is an arsehole who is bitter at the abuse he receives to this day, when Souness basically ostracised him. He will die an immature man, he said even at the height of Sounessgate, he couldn't play against Newcastle cos it would hurt him too much. He's a little divvy like you.

Bellamy didn't mention anything about hijacking the headlines after his death, what are you about you arsehole, explain about hijacking headlines after his death, or you admit you're doil.

EPL Talk: “Lets talk about Newcastle United. What was was your greatest memory of playing there?”

Craig Bellamy: “My greatest memory there was Bobby Robson, playing for Bobby Robson, so you know that was it really. I was lucky he signed me and just to be involved with him, because he understood the club and you know he knew what the club was, he knew what the people were, which I think was key to going into a new club. You have to understand who you represent and who you are trying to play for, and he made it clear to us. we had a good team, we had a really good team, we were young, alot of athletes and we finished third, fourth and fifth. The year we finished fifth I could just sense it wasn’t, a few of the fans were expecting more they were expecting league titles. Newcastle united win league titles? I don’t think so! And I just thought they expected and things started to turn alittle bit and I just felt we didn’t start the season well particularly like we didn’t start any season well to be honest but we always came back with a late run you know, and just got there. We didn’t start one season too well and I can just remember, alot of fans were turning and booing and Skysports would be outside the ground and Newcastle fans would be moaning about this and that, and it just led to the manager getting sacked, which was just a complete shock and was embarrassing really when I look back on it now, how he can get the sack, but I also thought the crowd played a big part of in that as well, and for me I’ve had options to go back up there since and I wont! no chance! because I played for him and there is no one else to play for up there.”

From the horse's mouth, a player who was in the dressing room and seen what was going on at the club. What a disgrace you all are.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fairs Cup was a European Trophy and rightly belongs in your honours list, but to add any more importance to it than it deserved is ridiculous.

You qualified from 10th place becuase of the only one team from one city rule, which meant at least 3 other teams were excluded. It was set up to promote trade fairs and although there were good teams entering it was never a fair comp because of the silly rules.

Well said Marra, the Mags are all high and mighty because they had a couple of good years under Sir Bobby before disgracefully hounding the great man out of the job. They then distastefully hijacked all the headlines after his death, despite treating him like shite near the end of his tenure. Is it any wonder the giant of the game that Sir Bobby was, spent more time watching Sunderland than Newcastle in the last couple of years of his life?

Explain how and what exactly was distasteful you inbred Consett bamp.

What do I need to explain? Even Craig Bellamy said it in an interview a couple of weeks back. He said the fans were whingeing because Newcastle hadn't won the title (lol Newcastle win the title haha), I'll actually find the quote for you marra.

Bellamy is an arsehole who is bitter at the abuse he receives to this day, when Souness basically ostracised him. He will die an immature man, he said even at the height of Sounessgate, he couldn't play against Newcastle cos it would hurt him too much. He's a little divvy like you.

Bellamy didn't mention anything about hijacking the headlines after his death, what are you about you arsehole, explain about hijacking headlines after his death, or you admit you're doil.

EPL Talk: “Lets talk about Newcastle United. What was was your greatest memory of playing there?”

Craig Bellamy: “My greatest memory there was Bobby Robson, playing for Bobby Robson, so you know that was it really. I was lucky he signed me and just to be involved with him, because he understood the club and you know he knew what the club was, he knew what the people were, which I think was key to going into a new club. You have to understand who you represent and who you are trying to play for, and he made it clear to us. we had a good team, we had a really good team, we were young, alot of athletes and we finished third, fourth and fifth. The year we finished fifth I could just sense it wasn’t, a few of the fans were expecting more they were expecting league titles. Newcastle united win league titles? I don’t think so! And I just thought they expected and things started to turn alittle bit and I just felt we didn’t start the season well particularly like we didn’t start any season well to be honest but we always came back with a late run you know, and just got there. We didn’t start one season too well and I can just remember, alot of fans were turning and booing and Skysports would be outside the ground and Newcastle fans would be moaning about this and that, and it just led to the manager getting sacked, which was just a complete shock and was embarrassing really when I look back on it now, how he can get the sack, but I also thought the crowd played a big part of in that as well, and for me I’ve had options to go back up there since and I wont! no chance! because I played for him and there is no one else to play for up there.”

From the horse's mouth, a player who was in the dressing room and seen what was going on at the club. What a disgrace you all are.

Are you as thick as most people from your town? WHERE DOES IT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT DISTASTEFULLY HIJACKING THE HEADLINES AFTER HIS DEATH? Where??? Show this forum where. Quoting Bellamy for anything related to NUFC isn't as much clutching at straws as admittance you'd be better off in a young offenders institute.

I'm trying to work out whether Rhys is a clueless fucker or a WUM. Poor stuff.

In the unimaginably horrific predicament I'd find myself in if I was a mackem, I'd actually be embarrassed by him.

I think what you find with mackems is, they like to think deep down they are basically the same as us. The fact beyond doubt collectively on any facet of our rivalry, historic, economic, intelligence wise, footballing wise, appeal wise, we are and always will be better than them. I believe it too, and so do most geordies.

Edited by McFaul

If you're going to harp on about old formats like, then you might as well concede four of your five European Cups are the cheapo version. The mighty Notts Forest even managed to bag themselves a couple of them ones.

I don't necessarily subscribe to that opinion, but you clearly can't have it both ways. Under the old format, you only had to win five games on the belt and some of them games could be against giants like Crusaders etc.

Your first cup in '77:

1st round Crusaders (Belfast part timers) ;)

2nd round Trabzonspor

Quarters Saint-Etienne

Semis Zurich

Final Borussia Monchengladbach

Ok you had to win your own league, but the upshot of that was that you might only meet one decent side during the entire knock out competition. ;)

You'd have been better just saying nowt tbh.

PS the following year (as holders) you got a bye in the first round. Four games. ;)

Look at the teams we faced, in European football at that time it would be hard to face 6 harder sides.

Waits for some pathetic quote from Shankly about "the cup with the big ears" or some equally pathetic pass me the bucket scouse pish.

Like those utterly cringeworthy seventies banners the Kop used to hold up "MOSES SAID COME FORTH, SHANKS SAID NO WE'LL COME FIRST" ;) fuckin scousers man.

PS the following year (as holders) you got a bye in the first round. Four games. ;)

Look at the teams we faced, in European football at that time it would be hard to face 6 harder sides.

Waits for some pathetic quote from Shankly about "the cup with the big ears" or some equally pathetic pass me the bucket scouse pish.

Like those utterly cringeworthy seventies banners the Kop used to hold up "MOSES SAID COME FORTH, SHANKS SAID NO WE'LL COME FIRST" ;) fuckin scousers man.

There was only one I liked, which was on Scouse churches in the 60's which would read: 'Jesus Saves' and then be graffitied: 'St John scores on the rebound'

Usual Scouse nonsense though as you say, if anything it was a competition that was gaining in prestige due to the teams in it and by the time we won it just before Uefa 'adopted' it it was one of the three European honours that we all grew up with.

Makes me cringe when you hear stuff like that from the dippers though. Seriously, 1978 they won four games, including the almighty Bruges in the final. Club Brugge for fucks sake. :blush:

There was only one I liked, which was on Scouse churches in the 60's which would read: 'Jesus Saves' and then be graffitied: 'St John scores on the rebound'

Usual Scouse nonsense though as you say, if anything it was a competition that was gaining in prestige due to the teams in it and by the time we won it just before Uefa 'adopted' it it was one of the three European honours that we all grew up with.

Makes me cringe when you hear stuff like that from the dippers though. Seriously, 1978 they won four games, including the almighty Bruges in the final. Club Brugge for fucks sake. :blush:

I know :D basically you just needed to be a well run club to achieve the successes they had, we had a bigger support right prior to Shankly, had more trophies, but all I ask is for someone to show me pre-1990 which team had a tougher route to a European trophy than we did in 1969. I'm not even being biased.

I think the fact England didn't qualify for a major tournament from 1970 to 1980 emphasises how poor our football was in this country, yet despite that our clubs were European Champions five times in that period. It shows everything was much of a muchness, had we had a decent board then we could be the global club they are today. In some ways though I don't envy that when you see the profile of their support.

You're the same age as me Sammy so you'll have grown up with the same football media coverage, Sportsneet on a Wednesday, the big match on a sunday now and then, Saint & Greavsie, Football Focus etc...and I'm not wrong in hearing the phrase said many time "the UEFA Cup is often harder to win than the European Cup" am I?

I know :Dbasically you just needed to be a well run club to achieve the successes they had, we had a bigger support right prior to Shankly, had more trophies, but all I ask is for someone to show me pre-1990 which team had a tougher route to a European trophy than we did in 1969. I'm not even being biased.

I think the fact England didn't qualify for a major tournament from 1970 to 1980 emphasises how poor our football was in this country, yet despite that our clubs were European Champions five times in that period. It shows everything was much of a muchness, had we had a decent board then we could be the global club they are today. In some ways though I don't envy that when you see the profile of their support.

You're the same age as me Sammy so you'll have grown up with the same football media coverage, Sportsneet on a Wednesday, the big match on a sunday now and then, Saint & Greavsie, Football Focus etc...and I'm not wrong in hearing the phrase said many time "the UEFA Cup is often harder to win than the European Cup" am I?

Aye, shame their fans couldn't have followed their example and I don't mean that as a joke either.

No you're right mate, you'd hear that quite a bit about the UEFA Cup prior to the Champs League coming into existence.

Didn't Forest beat Malmo to win their 2nd European Cup btw? Malmo ;)

Aye Malmo! One of the years Liverpool did fuck all in Europe they lost 4-0 or 5-0 to the massive DINAMO TBLISI iirc. When you watch old videos of Liverpool, I know you shouldn't compare era's but that team now would achieve fuck all. Their best team imo was 87/88 with Beardsley, Barnes and Aldridge.

Yeah Sammy Heysel was a moment waiting to happen for that club. What makes me think even worse of them is that they think they set trends off (they may have done its in all honesty before my time) with their Tacchini trackies etc.. which they got from their European excursions, but what makes me cringe so much is their Robin Hood style promotion of robbing their way round Europe bringing this gear back. They all laugh about it now, I've seen Tommy Smith recounting tales about it. If that was Newcastle I'd look back on that as a stain on our history, robbing every fucking town we come to, hardly promoting good will is it?

I think what you find with mackems is, they like to think deep down they are basically the same as us. The fact beyond doubt collectively on any facet of our rivalry, historic, economic, intelligence wise, footballing wise, appeal wise, we are and always will be better than them. I believe it too, and so do most geordies.

Good lord I couldn't think of anything more depressing that finding myself stood outside St James' Park on a wet night holding up a banner saying "boycoutt the club".

Wish I was the same as you. ;) Fucking hell.

Good lord I couldn't think of anything more depressing that finding myself stood outside St James' Park on a wet night holding up a banner saying "boycoutt the club".

Aye cos all 580,000 inhabitants of Newcastle and North Tyneside not only can't spell boycott but also would have enough spare time and will to make a bad sheet banner.

tumblr_ll2ke1QxzB1qz7flt.jpg

GAME

198753_218741508173971_211618175552971_612610_1332293_n.jpg

SET

230082_169050156489383_109099755817757_423014_2561790_n.jpg

MATCH