American Samoan Sprinter

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, I saw Alan Wells beat Ben Johnson in a 100m race at Gateshead Stadium once. That was around 1987, i.e. when Johnson was at his peak.

i used to park ben's car when i worked as a valet back in the day, nice guy. he mooched a couple of smokes from me from time to time. seemed a bit surreal sitting in the key booth with a former olympic athlete....smoking cigarettes.

Imagine Bolt on steroids. Anyone reckon he could do a sub 9 second?

He'd smash it if he got a stiffy half way down the track.

I would really like to see Bolt focus his efforts purely on one event. He's said before that at the end of an event he has very little left in the tank after running the 100 and 200m. I think if he was to concentrate purely on, for example, the 100m one season he might break that 9 second barrier.

Would love to see it but I don't think he's capable of breaking the 9 second barrier. You're essentially talking about his being able to beat his current best ever 100m by SIX FUCKING METRES.

Aye, noi one will ever break the 9 second barrier. At some point we'll have to come up with new sports, new feats of human endeavour--who can take the fastest shit? I certainly wouldn't win that one. That Samoan lad could blast one out sharpish though, could probably break the sound barrier in that event.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Seeing as though this is the athletics crack thread, I have to say even though generally speaking I prefer fair skinned blonde lasses by choice, Jess Ennis has to be one of the most attractive women anywhere on earth, and she's from fucking Sheffield! She is totally gorgeous. Seems a lovely genuine girl too.

Aye, proper athlete in my book is Ennis. Really impressed with her at the WC last week even though she wsa 2nd, she knew the other lass was faster than her but she though 'fuck it' and went shit or bust at the end..very impressice. Seen too many Team GB athletes in the past just go through the motions in situations like that, she seems to thrive on it.

Imagine Bolt on steroids. Anyone reckon he could do a sub 9 second?

As you've alluded to, it would be amazing just to see what he could achieve if he ran (for him) the perfect race. I'd like to see him train for a 400m as well because I've little doubt he could absolutely smash that record too.

when he was a youngster thats what the trainers pitched him in at. he hated it claiming the races lasted too long!

It will be like. It might take a while but it'll be broken one day. I doubt her outfits or finger nails will ever be matched though.

her eyes were like bright yellow on the day she won that gold (classic sign of steroid abuse)... died age 37 of something linked to performance enhancing drugs from what i remember.

Edited by canofbeans

It will be like. It might take a while but it'll be broken one day. I doubt her outfits or finger nails will ever be matched though.

her eyes were like bright yellow on the day she won that gold (classic sign of steroid abuse)... died age 37 of something linked to performance enhancing drugs from what i remember.

Ben Johnson's used to be too at times. Re: the 400m, I can relate to Bolt's view. It's a horrible event to train for (or run in for that matter).

Is there any chance that Bolt is using performance enhancers?

A lot of his Jamaican teamates have been done for it in the last few years.

That 100m at Seoul that was mentioned earlier was the most bent race in history.....every one of the atheletes was a drugs cheat, caught either before or after the race, in Lewis's case decades after when the huge cover up that protected him was exposed. The village I lived in before moving down south has it's own "professional games" in the summer, we've produced some Powderhall champions over the years, and I'd much rather watch that sort of thing than top class international athletics nowadays. It's who has the best chemists who wins. Ask Dwain Chambers. He knew he'd never beat the Yanks clean. To be fair that was a few years back, but the times Bolt is running.....can't see him being clean tbh.

Is there any chance that Bolt is using performance enhancers?

A lot of his Jamaican teamates have been done for it in the last few years.

That 100m at Seoul that was mentioned earlier was the most bent race in history.....every one of the atheletes was a drugs cheat, caught either before or after the race, in Lewis's case decades after when the huge cover up that protected him was exposed. The village I lived in before moving down south has it's own "professional games" in the summer, we've produced some Powderhall champions over the years, and I'd much rather watch that sort of thing than top class international athletics nowadays. It's who has the best chemists who wins. Ask Dwain Chambers. He knew he'd never beat the Yanks clean. To be fair that was a few years back, but the times Bolt is running.....can't see him being clean tbh.

He's the most drug tested athlete in the world. Would be nigh on impossible for him to mask any drug use

Even though I love watching Bolt run, I was still gutted at the time that he broke Michael Johnson's 200m World Record. Although, to give Johnson credit, he did say that Bolt deserved it.

I still remember staying "up late" watching this in 1996.

Frankie Fredericks. :D

Btw, I saw Alan Wells beat Ben Johnson in a 100m race at Gateshead Stadium once. That was around 1987, i.e. when Johnson was at his peak.

He was jock wasn't he? Good knowledge that like. Maybe Johnson was an average sprinter massively enhanced by drug usage for his whole career, and who's to say Maradona didn't do a few lines before every game?

Totally different having a cheeky bit of toot before you go out and play a game of football to having performance enhancing drugs like.

The bloke who used to train me won Powderhall.

Who was that mate?....he wasnt a mackem was he?....

Nah, a bloke called Hughie Milbourne. He's dead now like. He was a great bloke. Proper piss-heed which probably did for him in the end. Burradon lad but moved to Cramlington.

Nah, a bloke called Hughie Milbourne. He's dead now like. He was a great bloke. Proper piss-heed which probably did for him in the end. Burradon lad but moved to Cramlington.

reason I asked was I was working with a mackem pipefitter who'd lived in Grangemouth in the 70s and had a young Alan Wells training with him. Maurice was his name, knew Bobby Charlton's old man too who used to train Jackie Milburn for the summer sprints....I think some old players used to run at Powderhall under pseudonyms though...Kevin Beattie springs to mind with that for some reason...

Theres been a good school from Crammy over the years iirc. My sisters ex ran Powderhall in 87 and was home fovourite, fellah called Keith Douglas from Jedburgh. He was up against a lad called William Snoddy from the US though, who wouldve apparently went to Moscow in 1980 if the yanks hadnt boycotted it. Snoddy was off scratch and pissed it.

Even though I love watching Bolt run, I was still gutted at the time that he broke Michael Johnson's 200m World Record. Although, to give Johnson credit, he did say that Bolt deserved it.

I still remember staying "up late" watching this in 1996.

Frankie Fredericks. :D

a great athlete, and as an analyst pretty much unbeatable as well.

He was jock wasn't he? Good knowledge that like. Maybe Johnson was an average sprinter massively enhanced by drug usage for his whole career, and who's to say Maradona didn't do a few lines before every game?

Totally different having a cheeky bit of toot before you go out and play a game of football to having performance enhancing drugs like.

I'm telling you now if someone like Peter Ramage had a few lines before every game it would improve him 30%, England caps the works.

I remember one of the dodgiest nights of my life, I was about 19 or 20, been SNORTING speed all night, loads of us were seemed a good idea at this house party young and very fucking daft (divvint yee dee it Kevin it's the worst thing ever), anyway in the morning I had my 11 a side Sunday league game, I was proper fucking paranoid, but I got the ball off our keeper and I beat the whole team on my own, took the ball round the keeper empty net and hit the post. People who haven't seen me for years always mentioned it. I wouldn't have dribbled round the whole team if I hadn't have been snorting speed all night, so I think it is an influencing factor in sport massive, any amphetamine/coke drug is.

reason I asked was I was working with a mackem pipefitter who'd lived in Grangemouth in the 70s and had a young Alan Wells training with him. Maurice was his name, knew Bobby Charlton's old man too who used to train Jackie Milburn for the summer sprints....I think some old players used to run at Powderhall under pseudonyms though...Kevin Beattie springs to mind with that for some reason...

Theres been a good school from Crammy over the years iirc. My sisters ex ran Powderhall in 87 and was home fovourite, fellah called Keith Douglas from Jedburgh. He was up against a lad called William Snoddy from the US though, who wouldve apparently went to Moscow in 1980 if the yanks hadnt boycotted it. Snoddy was off scratch and pissed it.

Allan Wells was trained by an ex-professional sprinter iirc (in the days before athletes could run for money and still retain their 'Olympic' status, obviously).