Adele

Kid Dynamite

Bit off topic but did anyone see her on Jonathan Ross last night. For a multi millionaire megastar she's about as down to earth as you can get. Kept calling people dickhead's and telling them to fuck off :D

Edited by J69

I know it's cool to not like anything popular, just like it's cool to have a road cone in your front room, but she's the first person since the Beatles to have 2 top 5 singles AND albums at the same time.

She's made about £6million more than you have from singing too. Fair play to her

I know it's cool to not like anything popular, just like it's cool to have a road cone in your front room, but she's the first person since the Beatles to have 2 top 5 singles AND albums at the same time.

She's made about £6million more than you have from singing too. Fair play to her

I don't begrudge her any success, in fact it's cool to see 'normal' people hit the big-time in showbusiness, but it's easy-listening pop. The music is immaterial, you just write the same simple 3-chord progressions with nonsensical lyrics, and then market the fuck out of it.

Some examples of huge-selling artists in this genre:

James Blunt. Here's the lyrics to his biggest hit:

"I saw your face

In a place

Now I know it's true

I really really love you"

3-chords, simple progression. Am I expected to like this? Am I just trying to go against the grain by saying I think that is a pile of shite? Or is it possible that I genuinely don't like this type of music?

Another mega-star atm, Rihanna. She was marketed with a girl-next-door image and her initial sales started to trail off, so her label made her change to a slutty image where she literally simulates masturbation on stage at every show and writes lyrics about how she can only be satisfied by massive massive cocks:

"rude boi rude boi

is you big enough?

rude boi rude boi

can you get it up?"

Now she's become one of the biggest-selling artists in pop.

Again, like with many topics, you know absolutely nothing about music J69, you were in a thread asking something like, "ermmm did bob dylon write blowing in the wind ive nevur heard that song lolol i dontlike taxes". You're the perfect demographic to be buying stuff like Adele and Cheryl Cole's latest single, along with all the other pre-pubescent girls screaming at their parents for it because they've seen it marketed on the X Factor and the ad breaks in between.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

If Rihanna looked like Susan Boyle would you still think that, or do you just want to fuck her brains out (Rihanna, not Boyle)?

Aye. Only Girl in The World has a mint chorus. I actually don't even think she's that fit.

Does your cock not work?

If you were the only girl in the world

And I was the only boy

Nothing else would matter in the world today

We could go on loving in the same old way

etc

Just been watching 'In Which We Serve' this afternoon :D They were singing it in the liferaft after their ship was sunk.

If Rihanna looked like Susan Boyle would you still think that, or do you just want to fuck her brains out (Rihanna, not Boyle)?

Aye. Only Girl in The World has a mint chorus. I actually don't even think she's that fit.

Does your cock not work?

Obvious homo. Likes pop music and wouldn't dip his wick in Rihanna's filthy clunge.

I've calmed down now, sorry if I went overboard, I just get pissed off about this, I have to listen to a pop chart against my will 5 days a week.

I don't begrudge her any success, in fact it's cool to see 'normal' people hit the big-time in showbusiness, but it's easy-listening pop. The music is immaterial, you just write the same simple 3-chord progressions with nonsensical lyrics, and then market the fuck out of it.

Some examples of huge-selling artists in this genre:

James Blunt. Here's the lyrics to his biggest hit:

"I saw your face

In a place

Now I know it's true

I really really love you"

3-chords, simple progression. Am I expected to like this? Am I just trying to go against the grain by saying I think that is a pile of shite? Or is it possible that I genuinely don't like this type of music?

Another mega-star atm, Rihanna. She was marketed with a girl-next-door image and her initial sales started to trail off, so her label made her change to a slutty image where she literally simulates masturbation on stage at every show and writes lyrics about how she can only be satisfied by massive massive cocks:

"rude boi rude boi

is you big enough?

rude boi rude boi

can you get it up?"

Now she's become one of the biggest-selling artists in pop.

Again, like with many topics, you know absolutely nothing about music J69, you were in a thread asking something like, "ermmm did bob dylon write blowing in the wind ive nevur heard that song lolol i dontlike taxes". You're the perfect demographic to be buying stuff like Adele and Cheryl Cole's latest single, along with all the other pre-pubescent girls screaming at their parents for it because they've seen it marketed on the X Factor and the ad breaks in between.

:D not a fan then? I only said she was down to Earth by the way, not that she had invented the wheel

She can sing alright, but KSA is mostly right,its simple easy listening for simple easy going folks.Thing is that stuff is massively popular. If you ask me though, the queen of heartfelt soulful "just been dumped" music which pisses over Adele, Winehouse and anything else in that sort of genre for the next 4 decades, then its definetly Dusty Springfiled. She was brilliant. And if you want a (male) side order to go with that try any of Marc Almond's solo stuff, great "torch" songs.

Adele has also just sent half the single mothers in south east Dorset into despair by cancelling tomorrow nights gig in Bournemouth

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9231...due_to_illness/

When was the Jonathan Ross show recorded?...maybe Wednesday last week?....did she seem a bit croaky on that? :D