Bruce a decent lad?

Lake Bells tits

I know Im setting myself up for ridicule here by saying this, but bear with me. Im norwegian, and as such perhaps Ive just missed something..

Going by the interviews Ive seen, I actually think Steve Bruce comes across as quite a sympathetic person. Actually felt genuinly sorry for the guy when he was commenting on the whole Gyan affair.. I think he seems way more decent than slythertungue Pardew for one thing..

Is there something Ive missed seeing as so many NUFC supporters dislike him, or is that simply for being the manager at Sunderland?

Ill get my coat..

Edited by Saltwater

I know Im setting myself up for ridicule here by saying this, but bear with me. Im norwegian, and as such perhaps Ive just missed something..

Going by the interviews Ive seen, I actually think Steve Bruce comes across as quite a sympathetic person. Actually felt genuinly sorry for the guy when he was commenting on the whole Gyan affair.. I think he seems way more decent than slythertungue Pardew for one thing..

Is there something Ive missed seeing as so many NUFC supporters dislike him, or is that simply for being the manager at Sunderland?

Ill get my coat..

What about the fact that he's supposed to be a Newcastle fan but took the Sunderland job when he had a perfectly good job at Wigan? And the whole 'They didn't play fair' thing of when we beat them 5-1 and played daylight dreamer at the end, only to say he was going to do the same if they beat us, which they didn't.

Thats just a start :lol:

Steve Bruce is a Geordie and "lifelong Newcastle fan" when it suits him. Then when asked about Sir Alex's succesor he states that "Manchester United has always been the club in my heart". (Like you'll ever get that job, Brucey boy) When the Sunderland position became available, he fondly talked about his love for the Mackems in order to land the job.

Long story short, he's a twat.

He's a class A cunterhead. Anybody who saw him as a pundit wanking off over Man Utd would despise him unless they were into the Salford Reds. He's hideously ugly to boot, with irritating patter, a voice like a whiny 11 year old and hair like your Nana. Add to that he looks like a pudding faced alcoholic and probably regularly pisses down his trousers, then no, he's not a "good lad".

The only thing he's got going in his favour is the great job he's doing of managing Sunderland.

• 4 years later...

Bruce on Jake Livermore:

It was the hardest thing Ive had to do in my managerial career, I had to tell a young man, who should have had the best years of his career ahead of him, that he had failed a drug test, that he had tested positive for cocaine, that the club would have to suspend him and the FA would almost certainly ban him."

He knew what it meant. I dont think he took in much of what I said. It was awful. I was angry at the time, I think. We were in a relegation battle and he was one of my best players. He couldnt play for us again that season and I thought hed thrown it all away."

I thought hed ruined his career. Ive seen and dealt with most things as a manager, but not that. You like to think, at my age, that you are prepared for everything life throws at you, but this was a shock to everybody."

I was angry, yeah, but when I found out what had happened to him, I felt as though I had failed Jake, not just as his manager, but as a human being."

I knew something wasnt right. Hed not been playing well, not like his first season with us. I kept asking my staff, Whats gone wrong with Jake?, but I never took him into my office and asked him what was going on in his life. I didnt ask him about what was happening away from the training ground and I should have done."

In football, we all like to think we are big, tough men. We dont like to show emotion or weakness, and Jake just came into training every day and pretended everything was all right.

When the dust settled and we discovered everything that had happened in Jakes life, I just felt we couldnt abandon him. Everyone deserves a second chance in life. We all make mistakes and Jake made a big one, but it was horrific what happened."

Hes a good kid and I wanted to help him. I think the FA made the right decision not to ban him. I know there are people out there who will disagree, that he broke the rules and should have been punished, but we all make mistakes.