Toontastic agony aunts & uncles.

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've already had some sound advice Dr.K. All I can add is there are lots of single ladeeez around, so go for it and put yourself out there to meet them!

Shame you don't live down here as I know several ladies who I could set you up with!

Aaaaand Fist jumps back in his car for another impromptu trip down South…

Your car will know the way down here by itself soon <_<

Some girls I know once talked about going to Waitrose to pick up guys so you might be onto a winner there.

What do they do? Hang around the meat counter and tell passing blokes they'd like a bit of sausage?

I'm feeling very down at the moment.

Me and me ex split earlier in the year after eight years together. I always thought we'd find a way to make things work and get back together, but heard recently that she had a new fella, and I've just seen them in Morrisons. It's brought home to me how lonely I'm feeling and what a massive fuck up I've made of my life. I'm naturally quite a shy, introverted person and although I have a small circle of really good friends, they're all either settled down or live away. I don't have any other real acquaintances. This makes it difficult for me to imagine meeting anyone, combined with the fact that I live in a backwater town in Teesside and at the age of 40 I feel too old to go clubbing. I've been out of circulation so long as far as dating is concerned I wouldn't know where to start.

Sorry for moaping, but I just felt like letting it out.

Serious and the usual piss-taking TT responses welcome.

Went through something similar about 8 years ago mate... drifted apart from a lot of my friends as they all settled down, or moved away, or just hadn't grown up and I stopped enjoying spending time with them.

Went through a bit of a state of constantly being down and just feeling like I was completely alone... It actually got to the point where I'd finish work on a Friday, go home and not see or speak to anyone until the following Monday morning. I actually hated my life at that point.

Eventually I dunno what happened but I just changed my mind set and went about sorting things out for myself... I had just expected things to happen for me but they never did and I learn't probably the most important thing I've ever learnt in life, and that was that if you want something you have to go and get it for yourself. I ended up just signing up for loads of on-line dating sites and things like that, got a few dates with various women, none which ended up progressing past a few dates... but the important thing was I'd broken the cycle. I was going out at the weekend, meeting women I'd never met before and putting myself out there... It boosted my confidence no end and within a year I'd met Mrs Ajax and my life has been sweet as a nut ever since.

Falling in to a rut is easy, getting out of it is hard... but only you can do it, and if you wait for things to change they usually don't. So take some risks and get yourself out and about, sign up for a night course to give you a way to meet new people, get on the on-line dating sites and get some dates sorted, go buy some new clothes and give your image a boost... before you know it you'll feel like a completely different person.

I ended up just signing up for loads of on-line dating sites and things like that, got a few dates with various women, none which ended up progressing past a few dates... but the important thing was I got my leg ower..

Well said. ;)

As people have said, the internet is so big etc now, the stigma of dating sites just doesn't exist anymore. So get into it.

You could meet someone at work, through a friend, on a site, in a pub, anything really, when you aren't expecting it. Most girls I have been out with I met through friends or at work, talking to women in loud pubs is difficult and pretty crap most of the time to be honest.

Good luck Dr K

There's nowt wrong with being 40 !!! :closedeyes:

I ended up just signing up for loads of on-line dating sites and things like that, got a few dates with various women, none which ended up progressing past a few dates... but the important thing was I got my leg ower..

Well said. ;)

Haha well I was trying to be more discrete then that... but yeah that about sums it up lol!