Newcastle 1-0 Wigan

LeazesMag

Did CT actually make that video? It showed a bit of self-parody I would never have thought the moron capable of. Minimum of misspellings, too.

There's cases for being both positive and negative about the future of our club, and I respect both viewpoints. What I don't respect is the view that being anti-Ashley means you are a miserable wanker who glories in NUFC doing poorly. I am and probably will always be anti-Ashley - the man is a sleazy chancer whose every word (through his mouthpiece Dekka) is a lie, and I'll never trust him if we win a boatload of cups. I think there's hope for our club and I think that we are on the road back to respectability and success, but I also believe that we are essentially at the whim of a surly, capricious cunt who can screw things up at literally any moment. Let's not forget we thought we were heading back to the big time about this time last year before Hughton got chucked out on his arse and we sold our best player.

You what?

Last year was a rollercoaster-ride, you couldnt be sure of a point if we played Notts County at home..

I much prefer this years steady results....

You what?

Stevie's second song completely lost on me too. If people come back because of cheap tickets that an affirmation of their current skintness, so where were you when you were skint makes no sense as the reply is 'am still skint but the prices are affordable now'.

He must have been on the wacky baccy thinking 'why is no one joining in?'. The Marveaux one is canny though ;)

:lol: it was MacToon's effort the one in bold, its' daftness appealed to me.

Edited by McFaul

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I what what? Have you forgotten last years home games? Blackpool, stoke, wigan, blackburn etc?

Have you ever been to SJP Saltwater? Not a criticism or anything am just asking you.

I was confused by the reference to the division 2 side. No i havent forgotten them, i think they are worth bringing up as they suggest we might have improved since last season, which is the underlying point behind my last 2000 posts (ish).

I what what? Have you forgotten last years home games? Blackpool, stoke, wigan, blackburn etc?

Have you ever been to SJP Saltwater? Not a criticism or anything am just asking you.

What does that have to do with last years home results? Not a critcism you say, alright. Still sounds like one mind.

No I havent, being a student I`ve signed up for a few years of poverty, I`d love to go though..

Sorry if you didnt mean anything by it, it just read to me like " you are talking shite - no criticism or anything"...

Edited by Saltwater

I was confused by the reference to the division 2 side. No i havent forgotten them, i think they are worth bringing up as they suggest we might have improved since last season, which is the underlying point behind my last 2000 posts (ish).

Was just trying to highlight the fact that we were unstable at best at home last year, sorry for the confusion.

Just a note on Wigan, they have the same points as Blackburn but they look a far better side than that. They're a strange side, look to play some decent stuff which is commendable but I think they may have to bring in the big hoooof if they want to stay up.

Hey, isn't it great being able to patronise other teams from the lofty position of 4th? Marvellous.

I thought Wigan were very good so i wanted to big us up for dealing with them well, we were lucky that Rodallega, Diame and Moses didnt put away their chances but i still think the way Wigan played would have put 3/4 of the division under a lot of pressure. One of the few managers who wants to do it his way only and you've got to admire him for that.

What does that have to do with last years home results? Not a critcism you say, alright. Still sounds like one mind.

No I havent, being a student I`ve signed up for a few years of poverty, I`d love to go though..

Sorry if you didnt mean anything by it, it just read to me like " you are talking shite - no criticism or anything"...

Mature student surely?

Nar you normally make a good point once a week you don't always talk shite, I was just curious. You could probably do it for 200 quid.

Just a note on Wigan, they have the same points as Blackburn but they look a far better side than that. They're a strange side, look to play some decent stuff which is commendable but I think they may have to bring in the big hoooof if they want to stay up.

Hey, isn't it great being able to patronise other teams from the lofty position of 4th? Marvellous.

A Leeds fan on twitter yesterday, he said "Noowcastle are a t'joke club a say t'joke club 'oo can't attract t'anyone decent". I says joke fuckin club, we've just signed a 24 year old mainstay of France's midfield, this weekend we sit 4th top of the most competitive league in the world three points clear of fifth, we are a joke club, yet you're fucking struggling at London fucking Road and have been out the top flight 8 fucking years!

It's lovely.

Mature student surely?

Nar you normally make a good point once a week you don't always talk shite, I was just curious. You could probably do it for 200 quid.

:lol: Yes yes. The average age of students in Norway is 27. We finish high school aged 19, then the army, maybe work a coupla years before college..

Edited by Saltwater

Mature student surely?

:lol: Yes yes. The average age of students in Norway is 27. We finish high school aged 19, then the army, maybe work a coupla years before college..

The fucking army :lol: I didn't know Norway had an army. Who are you going to fight? Fucking whales? Lets go and invade Norway, nar 6 pound a pint lets not bother. When the Germans invaded they were welcomed with open arms, in fact I read many Nazi-Norwegian babies were conceived due to the vast amounts of consensual sex between Nazi army figures and Norwegian women.

Mature student surely?

The fucking army :lol: I didn't know Norway had an army. Who are you going to fight? Fucking whales? Lets go and invade Norway, nar 6 pound a pint lets not bother. When the Germans invaded they were welcomed with open arms, in fact I read many Nazi-Norwegian babies were conceived due to the vast amounts of consensual sex between Nazi army figures and Norwegian women.

Norway and denmark were considered the best places to be stationed for german soldiers. The Norwegian Labour Party made up this fairytale about norwegian resistance after the war ended, truth be told we did fuck all until it was obvious for everyone Germany was gonna lose. Then we blew up a few mailboxes and fired some crackers in the forrest.

Our defense was absolute wank back then, and absolute wank now. Blücher, the German battleship who got sunk in the Oslofjord, were sunk by some fucking 17th century cannon fired by a rogue sergeant acting on his own / against orders :lol:

That event allowed the government to escape, in fact they wanted to surrender, but King Haakon rejected their wish to surrender 3 times and told them to get their arses to england.

Mature student surely?

:lol:

This brings to mind Dennis Hopper Vs Chris Walken

Stevie man :lol:

It was Sweden that let the nazis pass through to fight Norway, there is still animosity about it. Salty baals will not be happy.

Acceptance and collaboration

Main article: Quisling regime

Of the Norwegians who supported the Nasjonal Samling party, relatively few were active collaborators. Most notorious among these was Henry Oliver Rinnan, the leader of theSonderabteilung Lola (locally known as Rinnanbanden or "the Rinnan group"), a group of informants who infiltrated the Norwegian resistance, hence managing to capture and murder many of its members.

Furthermore, about 15,000 Norwegians volunteered for combat duty on the Nazi side; of the 6,000 sent into action as part of the Germanic SS, most were sent to the Eastern front.

Say nee more.

Wor kid explained it to me a few years back, i should have taken it with a pinch of salt tbf. He reckoned the Norwegians still hold a grudge against the Swedes as they let the Nazis through. I'll take Saltys' word on it, he's a better source than my brother.

Toontastic thread tangents are always great :lol:

I dont see the problem with that honestly. They fought for something they believed in, and reckoned it was worth giving their own life for. No moral condemnation from me. Nationalism is a constructed phenomenom just like all the other "isms", I may not agree with their belief but they should be free to chose to fight for whatever they believe is right. Why is something treachery and something else heroism? You can just as well be brainwashed into fighting for your own country as for somebody else. World war I being a good example, most pointless war ever, and an entire generation gone. 50.000 lives a worthwhile sacrifice to move a line a quarter of a mile? Old men talking, young men dying.

Wor kid explained it to me a few years back, i should have taken it with a pinch of salt tbf. He reckoned the Norwegians still hold a grudge against the Swedes as they let the Nazis through. I'll take Saltys' word on it, he's a better source than my brother.

Perhaps amongst the old, few people remembering this still lives. The Swedes saved loads of norwegians, and was a free haven in aw a way it wouldnt have been if they had been occupied as well.

Im sure there are some who hold a grudge, but I dont think its the public opinion. Our history education is neither particularily for or against the fact that the Swedes remained neutral. In fact its not really even adressed as an issue. They just "were". They functioned as a hub both for norwegian refugees but also for german agents. A bit like switzerland, hard to really "hate".

Mature student surely?

Norway and denmark were considered the best places to be stationed for german soldiers. The Norwegian Labour Party made up this fairytale about norwegian resistance after the war ended, truth be told we did fuck all until it was obvious for everyone Germany was gonna lose. Then we blew up a few mailboxes and fired some crackers in the forrest.

Our defense was absolute wank back then, and absolute wank now. Blücher, the German battleship who got sunk in the Oslofjord, were sunk by some fucking 17th century cannon fired by a rogue sergeant acting on his own / against orders :lol:

That event allowed the government to escape, in fact they wanted to surrender, but King Haakon rejected their wish to surrender 3 times and told them to get their arses to england.

We'd save yous now I reckon.

Haha they make Craig growl though.

We thought you would back then as well. League of nations etc. Russia would take complete control of Norway in a day or two, then it would be a question of politics yet again.

Historical moments occur when we least expect them to.

Im sure people back then viewed those events as unlikely to happen as we do today..