Newcastle 1-0 Wigan

LeazesMag

I am a bit confused about whether our position is false or not, the chat recently has mainly been about us only beating teams in the bottom 7 and not playing anyone decent bar Spurs. In which case 4th is where we should be for now isnt it? According to logical thought anyway.

Bottom 9 now...bottom 11 if qpr win.

:-)

Am more confused now.

our position flatters us less every game, but the mackems haven't lost to anyone in the bottom half either and they were close to dropping into the bottom 3 before yesterdays game. Neither position is false based on games played, but no-one should think we're a squad 10 places better than the mackems.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the hyperbole I can't agree with Stevie, they shaded the first half, no one watching has disagreed with that.

There's no hyperbole involved, they were tactically better than us and controlled the midfield. We were second best on reflection at home to the team at the bottom of the league. We've got more jam than Hartley's at the minute, long may it continue, but 4th top is a false place for us to be in. I'll still be happy with 10th.

For a period of the first half we were second best. Tactically superior? Because they put 5 in midfield and we had 4, making it 3 vs 2 on Cabaye and Tiote? Despite this we had more possession in that area, made more passes in that area, completed more too, had more shots, more shots on target and dominated periods of the second half where we were easily the better team.

However, even if you want to discount all the stats as irrelevant, thats fine, i'll go back to the post i made earlier at the top of this page. Playing a team facing 6 defeats on the bounce is hard, getting players to apply themselves against low profile opposition is hard, we failed to do this frequently last year.

I am a bit confused about whether our position is false or not, the chat recently has mainly been about us only beating teams in the bottom 7 and not playing anyone decent bar Spurs. In which case 4th is where we should be for now isnt it? According to logical thought anyway.

Tactically it worked for them, and the wide me got in to it, and we couldn't counter it till the second half. Stats are very misleading Al Habsi's walked off with basically fuck all to do. I know what you're saying about them losing all those games, but you tell me what stats indicate you're going to have an easy game? Tottenham won 5 in a row and we were far better against them.

Just so we can have an update on Team Positive - Chez, Mancmag, CT, Tecato, Gemmill - Team Negative - PP, me, HF, LeazesMag - anymore?

Alec

think all those posters reckon we'll finish mid-table like, so not sure why we're being so partisan about it. CT came up with the positive/negative bollocks. Everyone you've listed has more going on upstairs than him and realise it's not just a case of "with Ashley or against him".

I'm poz, I'm sick of being angry about something I can do fuck all about. I just want to enjoy and appreciate what I can from the team.

Something is going right for now, we may well be riding our luck but we may also have turned a corner.

it's all about team realistic. don't think we'll go down but can't see us staying where we are. anywhere aroud 8-12th would be a decent finish given the lack of investment in the squad, and that's despite the good start.

Did CT actually make that video? It showed a bit of self-parody I would never have thought the moron capable of. Minimum of misspellings, too.

There's cases for being both positive and negative about the future of our club, and I respect both viewpoints. What I don't respect is the view that being anti-Ashley means you are a miserable wanker who glories in NUFC doing poorly. I am and probably will always be anti-Ashley - the man is a sleazy chancer whose every word (through his mouthpiece Dekka) is a lie, and I'll never trust him if we win a boatload of cups. I think there's hope for our club and I think that we are on the road back to respectability and success, but I also believe that we are essentially at the whim of a surly, capricious cunt who can screw things up at literally any moment. Let's not forget we thought we were heading back to the big time about this time last year before Hughton got chucked out on his arse and we sold our best player.

Did CT actually make that video? It showed a bit of self-parody I would never have thought the moron capable of. Minimum of misspellings, too.

There's cases for being both positive and negative about the future of our club, and I respect both viewpoints. What I don't respect is the view that being anti-Ashley means you are a miserable wanker who glories in NUFC doing poorly. I am and probably will always be anti-Ashley - the man is a sleazy chancer whose every word (through his mouthpiece Dekka) is a lie, and I'll never trust him if we win a boatload of cups. I think there's hope for our club and I think that we are on the road back to respectability and success, but I also believe that we are essentially at the whim of a surly, capricious cunt who can screw things up at literally any moment. Let's not forget we thought we were heading back to the big time about this time last year before Hughton got chucked out on his arse and we sold our best player.

You what?

You what?

Last year was a rollercoaster-ride, you couldnt be sure of a point if we played Notts County at home..

I much prefer this years steady results....

Just remembered I tried to get a song going on Saturday night and no one joined in. You know that ooo ooo ooo ooo ooooooooo ooo Barbara Streisand one. Oooo oooo oooo oooo ooooo ooooo Sylvian Marveaux, well I thought it was good.

I also like one that's been suggested for these new people buying these 1/2 price tickets "where were you, where were you, where were you when you were skint?".

You what?

Last year was a rollercoaster-ride, you couldnt be sure of a point if we played Notts County at home..

I much prefer this years steady results....

You what?

Stevie's second song completely lost on me too. If people come back because of cheap tickets that an affirmation of their current skintness, so where were you when you were skint makes no sense as the reply is 'am still skint but the prices are affordable now'.

He must have been on the wacky baccy thinking 'why is no one joining in?'. The Marveaux one is canny though ;)