Newcastle 1-0 Wigan

LeazesMag

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done another 3 points baby 19 eh lovely i know it sounds a long shot but can you imagine if we got put into the champions league

Edited by DEADMAN

Almost put a bet on Cabaye to score. Not as bad as my prediction that Bent would score a hattrick against West Ham but so fuck. What a mint day. Cabaye is mint, Ben Arfa is mint, Marveaux is mint, Tiote is mint, Coloccini is mint. Europe is possible, the Carling Cup is possible. YES

well done another 3 points baby 19 eh lovely i know it sounds a long shot but can you imagine if we got put into the champions league

we'd get properly found out. as ateam we are nowhere near champions league level... not by a long way.

anyone got video of the goal?

http://goalshighligh...ic-cabaye-goal/

What a sexy bastard

Was I the only one who was greeted by a very NSFW Adult Friend Finder ad below the vid when I visited that link?

Thankfully I'm not actually at work...

Aye, that link opens so many windows I had to put an extra bar on.

Thought we were by and large very average but when it mattered Krul made the best save of the season and Cabaye strongly passed the ball into the corner with a classy finish. A few off their game today and this game turned out to be as close as I expected. Play like that against the likes of the really good sides and we'll get murdered. The thing is, I think we'll raise our game against the better sides. Anyway, points, points, points. That's all I'm bothered about tonight. :D

To be honest, my main objective at the start of this season is to avoid relegation and try do better than last year, so 19 points is an absolute barrel of laughs and now the target is obviously going to be met who knows how well we can do :nufc:

Thought we were by and large very average but when it mattered Krul made the best save of the season and Cabaye strongly passed the ball into the corner with a classy finish. A few off their game today and this game turned out to be as close as I expected. Play like that against the likes of the really good sides and we'll get murdered. The thing is, I think we'll raise our game against the better sides. Anyway, points, points, points. That's all I'm bothered about tonight. :D

Having just watched it, I agree with this. Still, who gives a shit, we won.

I went to the game and I felt that Raylor had a really good game today. I definitely did not expect him to be in that position for very long. He does seem to get exposed however he has the rest of the defence to back him up like a true unit. I felt our right side is definitely our weaker side at the moment. Obertan shouldn't be a starter at the moment as he lacks a cutting edge and doesn't use his pace to it's full potential. Marveux was certainly the man who changed the game for me and should start. Ba looked a little bit knackered after 60 minutes but well done Pardew for realising what changes were needed.

Cabaye - I was hungover to fuck and couldn't be bothered to write the betting slip as him for first goal scorer. His goal was well overdue and he is fast becoming a legend. The way he plays football is like an art. He will only get better the more he plays.

It's all about the context against a side that outplayed us last season, they were desperate to halt their losing run and we were playing a side we were expected to win against because of their position in the league. As Pardew kept saying last week and yesterday, in these circumstances it's hard for him to get the players psyched up for the game and show the same application as e.g. last week. It's that application we lacked in certain home fixtures early on last season tbh.

Obertan was our weakest player again and I though R Taylor had another good game at left back, he is definitely getting better at it. Marveaux's first touch is pure class and he got about the pitch, very pleased with his showing.

Ben Arfa looked a lot better on football first (mind you so did Obertan) but that run and shot could have easily beaten al habsi. He does lose the ball a few times but I read a good comment last night sayin how many times does Best (or any striker) lose a long ball in the air? As an attacker Ben Arfa brings another dimension to the attack and it's not going to work each time. He will get better, it's still early days in the rehabilitation.

Another excellent result anyway and big credit to Pards.

It's all about the context against a side that outplayed us last season, they were desperate to halt their losing run and we were playing a side we were expected to win against because of their position in the league. As Pardew kept saying last week and yesterday, in these circumstances it's hard for him to get the players psyched up for the game and show the same application as e.g. last week. It's that application we lacked in certain home fixtures early on last season tbh.

Aye. Thank god Wigan are so shit, cos first half especially we never got going and they wasted their head of steam, we made ours count.