Pet Hates!

catmag

where i work, they think that because you're a good journalist, you'll automatically make a good manager. in reality it's often the opposite. most reporters would be happier chasing a story than attending strategy meetings and managing people.

• 2 weeks later...

My style of management is to play on here 90% of the day.

If anything needs to be chased I'll hear about it from someone :thumbup:

honestly though, I fucking hate it at the moment. I've always enjoyed working, even menial shit like in a bar or telesales.

Management is gash :(

My style of management is to play on here 90% of the day.

If anything needs to be chased I'll hear about it from someone :thumbup:

honestly though, I fucking hate it at the moment. I've always enjoyed working, even menial shit like in a bar or telesales.

Management is gash :(

Isn't it mental that we'd happily spend ages compiling and displaying data about football, rather than doing what we get paid for.

Birthday partys at soft play centres. Full of feral little twats and their cuntish parents.

Which wanker came up with these?

:angry:

Oh my fucking god. There's a fucking disco now.

Kill me.

Lots of people are promoted to a level of incompetence.

It's called the Peter Principle and you heard about it on here from me. More accurately articulated as 'employees rise to their level of incompetence'. I saw you mention this the other day and thought I'd jog your memory.

It's called the Peter Principle and you heard about it on here from me. More accurately articulated as 'employees rise to their level of incompetence'. I saw you mention this the other day and thought I'd jog your memory.

You may well have introduced that term Peter Principle, however the point about being promoted to a level of incompetence was a favourite "funny" a financial director used to roll out during our board meetings many moons ago.

You may well have introduced that term Peter Principle, however the point about being promoted to a level of incompetence was a favourite "funny" a financial director used to roll out during our board meetings many moons ago.

:lol: he didn't introduce the term man, it's been around since the early 70's. I don't think you were having a board meeting then, unless you're a lot older than you profess? It's likely your Financial Director picked it up from the tv series of the same name

:lol: he didn't introduce the term man, it's been around since the early 70's. I don't think you were having a board meeting then, unless you're a lot older than you profess? It's likely your Financial Director picked it up from the tv series of the same name

Missed the point ;)

Read Chez's post again.

He said Id heard about it from him. I'm just explaining that I heard about it from someone else.

Ok

Good

As you were.

Ah, fair enough, sorry. Too much hangover, not enough awake.

Mind you can understand why I presumed you were just being dense again? ;)

I went on about in conversation which CT definitely read and he never mentioned anything. 2 years later, he passes it off as a concept he's been aware of for years. I smell bullshit. If he knew about it years ago, his brain would have registered that it been discussed on here before and referred to it.

;)

Actually work radio in general (if you tend to stick to one station throughout the week).

By Friday you're absolutely sick of hearing the same playlist every day for hours on end.

Thank you Spotify and Sky.FM.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Radio6 DJs (and others) telling us what record label a particular band are on after they've played a track.

Who cares? Just sounds pretentious to me.

To promote the record label. Playing the song on the radio is simply to promote the song/band. Giving the label exposure is more joined-up commercial thinking.

On the other hand, consumers like myself have developed label allegiances over 3 decades of buying music and actually follow what record labels do, rather than artists. Planet Mu being one example for me.

Is it fair to say labels are less important now than 20-30 years ago?...."when ah were a lad" you could pretty much buy most stuff from the likes of 4AD, Creation or Rough Trade and be fairly assured that it would worth at least another listen. Now you can preview and download individual tracks they don't seem as relevant when buying music.

That's my thinking, PL.

I do actually attach a little value to record labels when it comes to stuff like the drum and bass when I listen to, but I wouldn't expect anything other than a speciality station to mention them on air. R6 listeners are meant to be more passionate about good music than their Radio 1 counterparts so I suppose there's that to it. Would still think a very small percentage of 6 listeners care either way about labels.

The commercial aspect is a good point (even if it is the BBC in this case, I didn't think about it like that). Anyway - just a silly pet hate, doesnt matter really.

Edited by Monroe Transfer