Pet Hates!

catmag

on the other hand, there appears to be an ever growing and now quite disturbing number of young lads in south london wearing these utter fucking monstrosities on their feet.

21765282_10155644434121894_6735253347511

now let's be absolutely crystal fucking clear here; under no circumstances is it EVER acceptable to wear this type of shoe, unless you're David Niven. he pulled them off, and he alone.

it's brogues for the rest of us.

59 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

on the other hand, there appears to be an ever growing and now quite disturbing number of young lads in south london wearing these utter fucking monstrosities on their feet.

now let's be absolutely crystal fucking clear here; under no circumstances is it EVER acceptable to wear this type of shoe, unless you're David Niven. he pulled them off, and he alone.

You can't be fucking serious. :lol:  As @Alex says I am pretty sure my granny has a pair (several?) of those.

Another pro-brogue voter here.

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Oh, you wear Paul Smith brogues.

La di dah.

:lol: it's not that la did dah, is it? he's a mid-market designer. that said, i shop almost exclusively for work clothes at the paul smith sale shop in the royal exchange.

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: it's not that la did dah, is it? he's a mid-market designer. that said, i shop almost exclusively for work clothes at the paul smith sale shop in the royal exchange.

Paul Smith isn't mid market imo. Fair enough if you're getting them for 70 quid a pair though. 

I don't actually mind them fwiw, just winding you up tbh. Although I wouldn't wear them personally, they're not my cup of char. Those loafers are fucking outrageous mind.

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

buying designer gear isn't for mugs. buying designer gear full price is. 

I find if you want something that's a bit more 'classic', if you like (not necessarily really expensive) then it's just not going to be in the sales, unless it's a 'seasonal' colour. I mean stuff like Baracuta G9, John Smedley knitted polo, Lacoste L12 polo. I suppose for more formal stuff it might be a bit different, but I work for an IT firm where I look relatively smart if I wear a £200 suit. I begrudge paying much for work stuff

I'd rather pay more for classic stuff and buy less. It lasts longer. I have an unholy obsession with Carharrt stuff at the moment which is costing me a fortune mind, so I might just be an idiot.

14 hours ago, strawb said:

I'd rather pay more for classic stuff and buy less. It lasts longer. I have an unholy obsession with Carharrt stuff at the moment which is costing me a fortune mind, so I might just be an idiot.

I love Carhartt stuff, been buying it for what be about 20 years now. Although the last couple of pairs of jeans I've gotten were Diesel. Not a massive fan of a lot of their stuff but their jeans are nice. Like Edwin and Evisu too but the latter in particular is just silly prices

19 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Don't forget the same bunch don't wear socks with them and jeans that appear to be too small.