Frozen Planet

catmag

How they top each previous series is beyond me . This in HD was a pure pleasure and hard to come up with new adjectives for how amazing it was . (I know he doesn't make these programmes single-handedly etc etc) but Attenborough is simply irreplacable and people could do worse than hang on his every word . Got nothing but respect for him . Programmes like this make you realise our individual insignificance in the grand scheme of things whilst being powerfully life-affirming .

I'm looking forward to it. I put it in as a series to record last week! I have the box sets of Planet Earth and The Blue Planet. Amazing stuff!

Edited by Toonraider

I don't like wildlife programmes this was reaffirmed on the two occasions that I surfed on to Frozen Planet (we were 0 2 down so sue me for not being on Sky Sports). Some poor buffalo was run over by its own pack member and then bitten to death by wolves and don't get me started on the poor seal and the killer whales. :cry:

I do have to agree there are some amazing shots , how they get them is beyond me but all credit to them!

The Living Planet was mint when I was growing up, was a proper education to watch it as a bairn, as was The Trials of Life. One of THE great British people in history is David Attenborough.

I don't like wildlife programmes this was reaffirmed on the two occasions that I surfed on to Frozen Planet (we were 0 2 down so sue me for not being on Sky Sports). Some poor buffalo was run over by its own pack member and then bitten to death by wolves and don't get me started on the poor seal and the killer whales. :cry:

Howay man, Jan. It's survival in the most inhospitable, bleakest part of the planet - how do you think they eat? It's not Disney!

Alex, aye it's on iplayer now.

I do have to agree there are some amazing shots , how they get them is beyond me but all credit to them!

Good job us people are so nice to the animals.

I am nice to animals I can't be responsible for the actions of others.

I am nice to animals I can't be responsible for the actions of others.

Do you eat them? If not, I'll let you off. ;)

Not taking the moral high ground on that one but people are sentimental about animals imo. Wor lass loves nature programmes but has to turn off the 'nasty' bits. I don't enjoy watching an animal being killed but I think it's important to view the reality of how they live and survive in the wild. It's also fascinating to see how intelligent they are in terms of hunting etc. They aren't for the faint of heart, but neither is nature.

The Living Planet was mint when I was growing up, was a proper education to watch it as a bairn, as was The Trials of Life. One of THE great British people in history is David Attenborough.

Amen brother . Over decades he's done an immeasurable amount to educate people and bring awareness of the world . Total legend .

Amen brother . Over decades he's done an immeasurable amount to educate people and bring awareness of the world . Total legend .

Correct usage of the word there. Proper visionary.

Just watched in iPlayer, unbelievable shots and I tell you, the sophistication of the Orca's hunting techniques is staggering.

Once again Uncle David provides wonder-filled television. You can stick your itv up your arse. Happy to send in a cheque if it means we can more of this and less of "Total Wipeout"