***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

The more weeks that go by and we remain where we are, the less ridiculous this thread looks. Talk of 4th is still a pipe dream but I'd be a little disappointed if we didn't finish top 6 now as we've been up there all season. You've got to be able to dream as a football fan. Otherwise what's the point?

and the more ridiculous your moaning looks. I take it you are finally going to admit that you wanted rid of "Fred" for an ambitious board....oh wait a moment, you're moaning on wanting an ambitious board aren't you. Do you have one or don't you ?

You're the biggest and stupidest hypocrite on here chum.

See my previous posts.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who asked you ?

What do you think of our new striker Leazes?

isn't it a shame that we haven't spent the rest of the Carroll money on a couple more players like that - or even kept Enrique for instance ? This isn't rocket science mate. Is it ?

Do you seriously not understand this ?

You know and I know, and everybody knows, our best players will be gone when acceptable bids come in for them, and more money will disappear.

Can anybody tell me how you can be a progressive club aiming to challenge where NUFC ought to be, and behave like this ?

Somehow, I think one or two of the younger element wil just hurl abuse at me, and one or two of the stupid element will actually believe such a thing is possible despite every successful football club there has ever been, has done this by backing their managers.

How many more times do people need to have this explained ?

At the moment we are doing very well because of a good manager making the most of having his hands tied behind his back, we had occasional good runs under McKeag, Seymour etc too but it was thrown away through not attempting to go further and the same will happen again, the attitude stands out a mile, it is obvious and has been obvious for years.

I only asked you what you thought of Cisse ffs. I'm more than familiar with your wider views on the club.

Edited by trophyshy

my point stands, as it always has done.

Newcastle United under Mike Ashley will NEVER match those league positions of the old regime until or unless he stops selling our best players and backs his managers completely when the occasional one leaves to one of the major world clubs ie Real Madrid, Barca, ManU [maybe].

This is the only way to behave if you want consistent success, and it is has been proven in football ever since the professional game began. I realise some of the bairns and stupid element will interpret that as a guarantee, but that is stupid as saying having a shot at goal guarantees a goal, not really my problem is someone is stupid enough to think that.

One good season, great. The first one in 5 years, but look at the longer term too. You need to back your managers and stop selling your best players.

Cisse and BA will be one of the most productive strike partnerships in the league. We have every chance of a top 6 finish now.

Unbelievable that Leazes can't offer a view on Cisse but would rather just go on a rant, very sad indeed. This is the point I made previously, he's in a great position to add some quality insights into threads like this but can't help himself reverting to type

my point stands, as it always has done.

Newcastle United under Mike Ashley will NEVER match those league positions of the old regime until or unless he stops selling our best players and backs his managers completely when the occasional one leaves to one of the major world clubs ie Real Madrid, Barca, ManU [maybe].

This is the only way to behave if you want consistent success, and it is has been proven in football ever since the professional game began. I realise some of the bairns and stupid element will interpret that as a guarantee, but that is stupid as saying having a shot at goal guarantees a goal, not really my problem is someone is stupid enough to think that.

One good season, great. The first one in 5 years, but look at the longer term too. You need to back your managers and stop selling your best players.

Funnier things have happened than us coming 4th this season like.

How would the previous regime have gone about competing with the CL-chasing sides in the current financial climate anyway? That's a rhetorical question btw ;)

If we did come 4th we'd be in the second seeds I reckon, meaning we'd have a really hard qualifying match against the likes of Valencia, PSV, Rangers etc..

Not too worried about that atm like ;)

It would provide a very interesting quandry for Ashley though.

LM blatantly shitting himself in case we finish top 5. his world will literally fall apart if he can't come on here every day bleating about being right about the new regime never being able to match the old one

Edited by Dr Gloom

6th would be an amazing finish, to get ahead of either Liverpool or Arsenal would be an utterly stunning season.

Re: what drives success in football, its like any game (industries are just complex games), as the world moves on, the old school lose touch with modern issues. In my company, by the time you're 50 you're nothing as you dont have the relevant experience. Leazes insistence that he knows how the game works better than anyone because he has been around longer is ironically the reason why he doesnt get it. He still thinks the key drivers of success are the same as in the 1970s. It would be the only competitive environment on the planet if it were true, which its not.

6th would be an amazing finish, to get ahead of either Liverpool or Arsenal would be an utterly stunning season.

Re: what drives success in football, its like any game (industries are just complex games), as the world moves on, the old school lose touch with modern issues. In my company, by the time you're 50 you're nothing as you dont have the relevant experience. Leazes insistence that he knows how the game works better than anyone because he has been around longer is ironically the reason why he doesnt get it. He still thinks the key drivers of success are the same as in the 1970s. It would be the only competitive environment on the planet if it were true, which its not.

I suspect you're about to get called "chum".

I suspect you're about to get called "chum".

:icon_lol:

Leazesmag is the Blockbuster of the forum

A quick look shows we're only 1 point behind our final league position before Ashley bought the club, the good news is that we've got 14 games left to better it and see how much progress we've made on the pitch under him.

Edited by Baggio

One swallow doesn't mean blowjobs for life like.

The Mackems were 6th at the start of Feb last season, and they ended up sacking their manager within the year.

Surely because they failed to build on their early season form? Which is why I said we've got 14 games to see how much we've progressed.

A quick look shows we're only 1 point behind our final league position before Ashley bought the club, the good news is that we've got 14 games left to better it and see how much progress we've made on the pitch under him.

my leazesmag sense is tingling. i see a bite incoming

One swallow doesn't mean blowjobs for life like.

The Mackems were 6th at the start of Feb last season, and they ended up sacking their manager within the year.

Surely because they failed to build on their early season form? Which is why I said we've got 14 games to see how much we've progressed.

I'd say the next 14 games won't prove anything either way. I don't think finishing 5th or whatever will mean everything is right at the club (it won't shut Leazes up, I'm sure), and I don't think a poor run in means all the good work of the past year was for nought.