Newcastle v Chelsea Sat 3rd Dec, 12.45pm - Sold out!

ChezGiven

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sadder part of our loss to Chelsea(not counting injuries) is the 3 goals against.

Arsen'all are above us on goal difference only and if Liverpool beat Fulham(and they probably will) they too will be above us on goal difference.

I was desperately disappointed with Pardewon saturday. I have never seen a manager be so un-pro-active or even reactive to a game situation.

Week in, week out, Raylor is getting more and more exposed.

SWP, Defoe, Richards and now Sturridge etc, it’s getting silly, as teams target Raylor more and more. All 1st half Raylor was getting torn a new one by Sturridge but nothing from Pardew at tall.

Guttierez has sacrificed getting forward to protect Raylor when we have a 5M international left back on the bench. If you want to play Raylor, put him right midfield but not left back.

And then to take off ben Arfa, WTF!!! Ben Arfa and Santon are potentially our 2 best players and I just hope pardew doesn’t start acting like he did with Tevez and Mascherano and wouldn’t play them.

We have over achieved so far, but pardew was poor yesterday when a blind man would have put raylor our of his misery.

Ferguson's had a few injury problems. Kadar (who is always injured) even looks shit for the reserves and is basically just sitting around until his contract runs out.

:lol:

I literally have no idea where that criticism could possibly come from. I've had a pop at Pardoo in the past when I think he's lacked a pro-active game-changing attitude. Can't possibly say that here when he was making changes by half time to ensure we held the ball up top more...and had used all our subs with 20 minutes to go, which left us exposed ultimately and gave them a wider margin than they deserved.

I was desperately disappointed with Pardewon saturday. I have never seen a manager be so un-pro-active or even reactive to a game situation.

You talk through your arse. Nowt else to say to that.

We lost 3-0 at home and only Tim Krul prevented it from becoming a cricket score. And you do not find anything remotely worth critizising? Something went wrong, obviously. I thought Sammy looked out of his depth, loven was pants as usual save the odd pass, Raylor at left back is becoming increasingly hard to defend, why is Santon not given playing time? I also thought we lost a bit of momentum when HBA came off, didnt understand that either..

We are not a winning team anymore, time to shake things up a little?

Bit odd to mention two (unenforced) substitutions whilst having a pop at a manager for not being pro-active though.

Edited by alex

You talk through your arse. Nowt else to say to that.

We lost 3-0 at home and only Tim Krul prevented it from becoming a cricket score. And you do not find anything remotely worth critizising? Something went wrong, obviously. I thought Sammy looked out of his depth, loven was pants as usual save the odd pass, Raylor at left back is becoming increasingly hard to defend, why is Santon not given playing time? I also thought we lost a bit of momentum when HBA came off, didnt understand that either..

We are not a winning team anymore, time to shake things up a little?

Think It's Ashley you wanna blame here, not Pardew.

Whatever criticism you level at Ryan Taylor, he was part of the best defense in the league before Saturday. Pardew would be daft to unbalance that if not forced to by injury.

Pleases me to have a manager who has a definite idea where he wants players to play, and won't deviate from it unless absolutley forced to. 2 men fighting for every position, everyone knows their place, and everyone works to make the place their own. The back-up we have is pretty poor, especially at left back, everyone knows it's our weakest position....

Krul/Harper

Simpson/Santon

Colo/Perch

Taylor/Williamson

RTaylor/???

Guti/Marveaux

Cabaye/Gosling

Tiote/Guthrie

Obertan/Sameobi

Ba/Ameobi

Ben Arfa/Best

Edited by Happy Face

“This is football, we have had the same defence all season, but Perch is a good defender."

Who's he fuckin kiddin?? Howay Cabaye I know the frogs are diplomatic but there's at least 10 better players on this board than Perch.

Just as well we have all of these points in the bag and there are some poor teams around. Especially if Colo is out for any length of time and raylor continues going walkabout. Sturridge is a good player but raylor certainly helped him only emphasizing how bad his positional sense is.

.................. why is Santon not given playing time?

That's a very good question.

A few days ago I watched a repeat of a match between Spurs and Santon's wop-ahoe team(euro-indian) and Santon came on as a substitute in the 50th minute. He came on at LEFT-BACK and looked OK for 40 minutes, got forward and even had a shot on goal.

Don't think you can read too much into that performance like. Inter were at home, cruising 4-0 up when he came on and had an extra man. Most of Spurs' attacking play in that half came down the other flank via Bale as well.

“This is football, we have had the same defence all season, but Perch is a good defender."

Who's he fuckin kiddin?? Howay Cabaye I know the frogs are diplomatic but there's at least 10 better players on this board than Perch.

He's a professional footballer and they, like professional managers, know inestimable amounts more than ANY football fan, any fan who thinks otherwise is deluded.

That said, Perch could do with being significantly upgraded, BUT, I'm not sure what sort of upgrade you could realistically get who would be content to be 4th choice CB.

How many teams have a great 4th choice player at any position.

He's a professional footballer and they, like professional managers, know inestimable amounts more than ANY football fan, any fan who thinks otherwise is deluded.

That said, Perch could do with being significantly upgraded, BUT, I'm not sure what sort of upgrade you could realistically get who would be content to be 4th choice CB.

Are you saying Nile Ranger knows more about football than me? We haven't got a great 3rd choice centre half let alone 4th you fool.

Are you saying Nile Ranger knows more about football than me? We haven't got a great 3rd choice centre half let alone 4th you fool.

I wouldn't count Ranger as a very professional footballer, but based on many of your rants, he probably does tbh, even when gangsta'd up.

Perch is OUR 4th choice CB and who does (outside of the moneybags) have a great 3rd/4th choice player at any position and what sort of player "should" we be after in Stevie world. Remember you're talking about a player "we should have bought last summer" to back up Taylor/Colo and therefore be happy to sit on his arse. Go on, giz a realistic list because I seriously doubt a "significant" upgrade over Williamson/Perch would be happy with that role.

I could give a flying toss about arsenal and Liverpool

I love how you randomly use colloquial English words (even Geordie ones) yet get basic phrases wrong.

I love how you for some reason find great pleasure in correcting and reflecting on why non-native english speakers get the occational phrase wrong. You must be sitting on your basement computer and wanking over your own language.

I cant - even at a second glance - see what is wrong with that sentence, and it doesnt bother me in the slightest.

Do you also correct people in real life? You must be a right laugh at parties. Why dont you fancy me with some norwegian sentences - correctly spelled - then? Haway big shite

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I could give a flying toss about arsenal and Liverpool

I love how you randomly use colloquial English words (even Geordie ones) yet get basic phrases wrong.

I love how you for some reason find great pleasure in correcting and reflecting on why non-native english speakers get the occational phrase wrong. You must be sitting on your basement computer and wanking over your own language.

I cant - even at a second glance - see what is wrong with that sentence, and it doesnt bother me in the slightest.

Do you also correct people in real life? You must be a right laugh at parties. Why dont you fancy me with some norwegian sentences - correctly spelled - then? Haway big shite

"I could give a flying toss" means you do care/give a toss, which was obviously not your intention given the context of the rest of your post.

I could speak Norwegian to you but you'd probably accuse me of using Google Translate - and of course you'd be right.

What I do with my basement computer is my business - if you must know I'm in love with a dictionary.

Edited by Tecato