Mike Ashley approval rating

Happy Face

Mike Ashley approval ratings  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Simon Bird piece on the other thread repeats everything I say, but with a bit more diplomacy. Best N.E. journalist by a mile, incredible a journalist can be more in touch with the views of the fans than employees of the club.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reinvested stat is HF bullshit at its finest.

Love getting a pithy 1 liner out of Chez. That's how you know he's thrown. He'll knock out a magniloquent paragraph or two to put someone in their place when he's happily sitting on solid ground.

;)

The Simon Bird piece on the other thread repeats everything I say, but with a bit more diplomacy. Best N.E. journalist by a mile, incredible a journalist can be more in touch with the views of the fans than employees of the club.

I think it repeats what half of the board has said tbf

Mike Ashley is the best owner this club has ever had In my honest opinion. I admire the man for a number of reasons.

1. He took over a sinking ship and got stung but he plugged along.

2. He sorted the clubs debt by loaning it the money needed, interest free.

3. He took unbelievable stick over the Keegan saga, yet stuck to his guns amid pure hatred of him by many.

4. His shrewdness in the transfer market along with Llambias of not paying over the odds for players, plus keeping the wage structure manageable.

5. His stubborn stance of sticking to his guns and not being swayed by what the fans want.

I know I'll get battered for this but I genuinely think Mike Ashley is the best thing that's happened to this club and is the reason why we are so strong financially and we don't beg or borrow to keep afloat.

His appointments of Pardew and Carr, plus the back room staff has propelled this club back into contention as a club to be respected now as opposed to the laughing stock we once were.

Mike Ashley is a businessman first and a football fan second...and it's the fact that he doesn't let his heart rule his head that has got us to where we are now, amid a lot of mistakes (rectified) I admit.

He learned the hard way, in-fact I'd say he's probably had just about the worst baptism of fire that any owner has ever had and is probably much more experienced for that as he has took just about everything including the kitchen sink thrown at him and rode through it.

He made mistakes and many naive errors along the way, we all know that and I think he will hold his hands up to that, yet he's chose a blueprint to work from and it's slowly but surely paying dividends, albeit small in comparison to the bigger clubs, it's still a remarkable change in fortunes for us as fans that we now see the club in a healthy financial position as well as all the ingredients from youth up to the first team are just about in place.

Edited by wolfy

He is a business-man who doesnt want to invest in the club.

We are being run like wigan spendingwise.

Thank fuck for Carr but our lack of investment will eventually see us plummet down to midtable again if not already..

the top-10 is a dog eat dog world where failure to invest will see you trailing behind after only 1-2 windows.

If you stand still you go backwards - its that simple.

And dont even get me started on how our lack of investment might affect the team morale..

:munch: well this should be good

No. Because I bet you thought people would dive head first in there, I won't be for one, that post was designed to wind up, ignoring him and his ilk is the best policy.

Thank fuck for Carr but our lack of investment will eventually see us plummet down to midtable again if not already..

the top-10 is a dog eat dog world where failure to invest will see you trailing behind after only 1-2 windows.

And dont even get me started on how our lack of investment might affect the team morale..

You might be a wrongun but all of that is fucking true. Good post.

No. Because I bet you thought people would dive head first in there, I won't be for one, that post was designed to wind up, ignoring him and his ilk is the best policy.

You might be a wrongun but all of that is fucking true. Good post.

VgXCk.gif

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Sometimes gung ho investment is worse than mild investment and you only have to look at Liverpool to see that.

We are investing in properly thought out cheaper players but not necessarily inferior quality to what the bigger teams are paying.

We have brought in Anita, Amalfitano, Bigirimana and Curtis Good, plus the emergence of players with promising potential like Vuckic, Campbell, Ferguson, Sameobi, Tavernier.

We have let go players who rarely got a game and the investment is shrewd although the club did try to add a few extra additions in Debuchy and possibly a CB but we were quoted well over the odds, so the club (wisely in my opinion) backed off from.

We cannot compete with the mega money clubs, so if we can't compete financially, we have to compete cleverly. If you look at the worth or our team, you will see that the club has been extremely clever.

Those clubs paying £250,000 a week for players, cannot sustain it unless they are constantly winning everything in sight and very few clubs manage to win everything in sight.

We are in good shape.

I love how when you try having a sensible debate about lack of spending, its either pitch black or Aryan white - there is no middle ground.

Complain about blowing absolutely fuck all and you get a blowdryer in your face about city spending and Kenny Dalglish blowing 100 mill.

We spent this transfer window buying a few unproven kids, and ONE first-team player who isnt even a starter when the first XI is fit.

How is being quoted 7-8 mill for arguably one of europes best LB in his prime "over the odds". Easily worth that kind of cash, ESPECIALLY to us who have a dire wing problem ( and not just in the back four, we are screaming for offensive anything to bomb down a flank).

For a team like us such a player is worth probably10-15 mill let alone what they asked.

I wish people could stop with the strawmen arguing against fictive posters who demand us to spend like city.

For a club of our size, a summer window should at the very minimum see 20 million spent.

Yes yes its not how much they cost its how good they are - but 20 million handed to Carr could very well see us through another season assaulting the top-4.

You cant spend Peanuts window after window - its just not possible. Even Daniel Levy understands that, and he is a tight jew!

Make the best out of the signings by having quality scouts. But sometimes you have to pay the going rate, and even that can turn out to be a bargain if he delivers the goods.

Its a huge opportunity missed and a bloody shame that a club the size of Newcastle go through 11 weeks without adressing a single position.

A bloody shame.

Love getting a pithy 1 liner out of Chez. That's how you know he's thrown. He'll knock out a magniloquent paragraph or two to put someone in their place when he's happily sitting on solid ground.

;)

Or its time to go and pick up his daughter, one of the two. Total money reinvested is an indicator of what then? Come on, spell it out and do my job for me.

;)

According to nufcfans,out of a possible 25 man squad, we've named 22 players, one of whom is Xisco :lol:

That doesnt include any players under 21(?) so Sammi, Adam Campbell, Shane etc aren't in it as they can play without being named in the squad.

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the whole board by saying that your valuble,varied and pithy contributions will be a huge loss to this thread.

Nice try.

Vast majority of people on here seem fine with me and most of my NUFC-related posts and you know it, you just don't like people calling you out on your constant pessimism.

And it IS a miserable thread, what's wrong with calling it that? No-one likes Ashley, very much including me. We all know and share the reasons for feeling that way, it's just depressing going over them again and again. For me at least.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Nice try.

Vast majority of people on here seem fine with me and most of my NUFC-related posts and you know it, you just don't like people calling you out on your constant pessimism.

And it IS a miserable thread, what's wrong with calling it that? No-one likes Ashley, very much including me. We all know and share the reasons for feeling that way, it's just depressing going over them again and again. For me at least.

Try not to take things too seriously old son. Sarcasm is obviously tricky to pick up across the ethernet ;)

Edited by PaddockLad

Try not to take things too seriously old son. Sarcasm is obviously tricky to pick up across the ethernet ;)

True but there's humourous sarcasm and there's malicious sarcasm and sometimes it's hard to tell over the net, as you said.

:blush:

Really though, I want to enjoy this season and I hope my fellow fans will enjoy it too. We've still got a good squad. We can still do well, at least it wasn't dismantled. Don't let him ('it') cloud your season.

True but there's humourous sarcasm and there's malicious sarcasm and sometimes it's hard to tell over the net, as you said.

:blush:

Really though, I want to enjoy this season and I hope my fellow fans will enjoy it too. We've still got a good squad. We can still do well, at least it wasn't dismantled. Don't let him ('it') cloud your season.

Might it not be better then to post nothing rather than inform those that are participating that you dont approve. :lol:

I too want to enjoy it, it just gets on my tits that we

1, our defense is quickly becoming a running joke

2, Our central mid is getting overrun by shite teams

It shouldnt be that way

Moan moan moan :lol: (I think mainly to try and cop off with Stevie).

Both those points as you have stated them are complete bollocks.