Mike Ashley approval rating

Happy Face

Mike Ashley approval ratings  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But the fact we have those championship players on our bench rather than reinvesting, while other clubs around us ALL replace what they've lost with enthusiasm is what makes for the disheartening viewpoint of Stevie, Simon Bird, me and many other fans.

Should a Tottenham fan be feeling more enthused at having replaced Modric and Van der Vaar than a Newcastle fan that has held onto Tiote and Cabaye.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevies a lovely lad and all that but the fickleness he is showing over not get Debuchy after telling us all summer that "the cunt Ashley has already done the deal for Tiote".... #selling club etc.....is quite unbelievable.

I dont think there is one person on this board who didnt expect Ashley to break up this team and cash in.

Should a Tottenham fan be feeling more enthused at having replaced Modric and Van der Vaar than a Newcastle fan that has held onto Tiote and Cabaye.

Van Der Vaart was 2 years into a 4 year deal at the age of 29. And has been replaced.

Modric had been at Spurs for 4 years and they staved off massive interested and big money offers last season to keep him for another season. Like Ronalso at Man U, player power comes to the fore when the want a move, but steps can be taken to ensure a departure is on the clubs terms, and his presence for that extra year is what Spurs fans will have appreciated as they looked like title contenders and finished in the champions league places (though they got mugged out off the reward). This year they've had to sell him, but they have spent all the money they received on a replacement. Spurs fans won't be happy to lose him, but they cannot complain that the club have not done all they can to get the best players they can onto the pitch without delay.

Cabaye is one year into a five year deal and Tiote is a little over one year into a six and a half year deal. There is no reason to cash in on either player at the moment. Obviously some people worried that we would do following the Carroll deal, as he had just signed a contract too, but nobody was unhappy with the Carroll sale at that price. You'll do well to find anyone that said his sale wasn't in our interests. The problem people had with that deal was that unlike Spurs, we sold him in the dying hours of a window and had no replacement to bring in. People weren't even particularly angry about that, it was the next window coming and going without a new striker being signed that really wound people up. Cisse's arrival came a year after the gap was left.

So, Spurs fans can be more enthused that when their best players leave, they have talented cover lined up and ready to go. We can be somewhat relieved that we don't face the situation whereby Tiote and/or Cabaye have been sold and there's no replacement. But that should never be a situation we find oursleves in anyway. The fact we have previously is a total piss take. Perhaps when they've been at Newcastle a few more years and performed consistently (I seem to remember periods last year when "Cabaye or Guthrie?" was discussed seriously) and start asking for moves, then we can be enthused that the club busts a gut to hold onto them....like Spurs did with Modric.

Stevies a lovely lad and all that but the fickleness he is showing over not get Debuchy after telling us all summer that "the cunt Ashley has already done the deal for Tiote".... #selling club etc.....is quite unbelievable.

I dont think there is one person on this board who didnt expect Ashley to break up this team and cash in.

I think thee are a few.

I didn't for one.

As someone who always expects the worst of those running the club, I don't expect anyone to leave today.

Departures have always been justifiable on the basis of our high wages and our yearly losses. I've not liked the majority of the departures, nor the generally low quality of replacements which mean half the team are still our Championship players, but I have always accepted the reasoning, while not agreeing with it.

Neither of those justifications can be applicable any more, so if any of our major players go for big money, having not brought in anyone fit to jump straight into our starting 11. Then there can be no defending such a move.

I'll go one further and say that we won't lose any first teamers.

In yo face!

Well for starters don't patronise me, I don't patronise you. Secondly I get bits of ITK here and there half of it is shite. When it's right no one says anything, when it's wrong you get 20 mugs laughing like it's some trophy. The word Baines is synonymous with me over 5 years after he joined Everton. I didn't offer any opinion on Tiote going to Chelsea, never mentioned Ashley once in a derogatory manner, if he had I'd have expected a proper replacement with another 2 or 3 recognised first team players.

I think you have four types of people in the Ashley spectrum. 1) Wind ups who deliberately in life love having alternative views to make themselves appear different from the rest, in this case a full on Ashley fanatic. 2) People like me who it doesn't matter what he does will always hate him regardless what we achieve and long for the day he sells up (there are plenty of us) 3) People who don't want to hate him, they see many positives in Mike Ashley but can see he's continuing to make mistake 4) People that don't want to talk about the political side of the football club. Which category would you say you fit best in to?

Edited by McFaul

...and for the record I've spent at least £5000 on tickets and season tickets since THAT FAT BASTARD came to the club, so I'm entitled to have a say. I wish we were ran like Barcelona to be honest, so what we think is crucial to how we do business.

Well for starters don't patronise me, I don't patronise you. Secondly I get bits of ITK here and there half of it is shite. When it's right no one says anything, when it's wrong you get 20 mugs laughing like it's some trophy. The word Baines is synonymous with me over 5 years after he joined Everton. I didn't offer any opinion on Tiote going to Chelsea, never mentioned Ashley once in a derogatory manner, if he had I'd have expected a proper replacement with another 2 or 3 recognised first team players.

I think you have four types of people in the Ashley spectrum. 1) Wind ups who deliberately in life love having alternative views to make themselves appear different from the rest, in this case a full on Ashley fanatic. 2) People like me who it doesn't matter what he does will always hate him regardless what we achieve and long for the day he sells up (there are plenty of us) 3) People who don't want to hate him, they see many positives in Mike Ashley but can see he's continuing to make mistake 4) People that don't want to talk about the political side of the football club. Which category would you say you fit best in to?

Aye maybe a bit patronising but you were probably asking for it in relation to "your hearts in the right place" comment earlier today.

As for the background to this, you basically seem to have gone a little off the deep end based on us not getting in Debuchy. Neither of us know the facts about why the deal didnt get done, but even if it was down to our lot considering the price too high, then that's just the way it is these days. Some we'll get some we wont.

Some could also say that once again it will strengthen our hand in future deals as clubs will know when we say final offer, it is indeed final offer. You also assume Ashley has set the price on this deal. Do you seriously think he gets that involved. He will have relied on Carr, Pardew and others to say what they think the player is worth and gone on their say so.

If you expect me to believe that Carr walks in and says Mike, I think he's worth 8 mill and Mike says fuck that, Im only paying 5, then I dont buy it.

As for your retaliatory patronising question about the Ashley spectrum, I think your missing the point. I probably better align myself to Paddock Lads statement....

Some of us are old enough to remember when we were truly shit so appreciate what we have at the moment, and also with enough memory to remember the unbridled joy of May this year

As Im sure you do as well.

We dont build on success, its a pleasant surprise for mike but he is unwilling to develop the club further. It will be ran on peanuts sensibly if we finish 5th or 15th - it wont matter.

Last season is a beacon of proof of just that.

I think its sad really but we can do nowt about it other than complain which some do and get labelled whiners by the the likes of CT :lol:

Edited by Lake Bells tits

We dont build on success, its a pleasant surprise for mike but he is unwilling to develop the club further. It will be ran on peanuts sensibly if we finish 5th or 15th - it wont matter.

Last season is beacon of proof of just that.

I think its sad really but we can do nowt about it other than complain which some do and get labelled whiners by the the likes of CT :lol:

First of all, you are a whiner :lol:

Secondly, the club is going along great and has been laying down excellent foundations since relegation be that in the personnel behind the scenes, the famous under soil heating at the training ground, the move to long term contracts for quality staff and players or managing to keep a great team that took the premiership by storm a few months back together.

On top of that we finished 5th and qualified for Europe.

We also brought in several exciting young players (particularly Bigilo) and one proven quality footballer in Anita.

Against all that we couldnt get Debuchy.

Aye whiners all right. :lol:

Aye maybe a bit patronising but you were probably asking for it in relation to "your hearts in the right place" comment earlier today.

As for the background to this, you basically seem to have gone a little off the deep end based on us not getting in Debuchy. Neither of us know the facts about why the deal didnt get done, but even if it was down to our lot considering the price too high, then that's just the way it is these days. Some we'll get some we wont.

Some could also say that once again it will strengthen our hand in future deals as clubs will know when we say final offer, it is indeed final offer. You also assume Ashley has set the price on this deal. Do you seriously think he gets that involved. He will have relied on Carr, Pardew and others to say what they think the player is worth and gone on their say so.

If you expect me to believe that Carr walks in and says Mike, I think he's worth 8 mill and Mike says fuck that, Im only paying 5, then I dont buy it.

As for your retaliatory patronising question about the Ashley spectrum, I think your missing the point. I probably better align myself to Paddock Lads statement....

As Im sure you do as well.

I meant the "unbridled joy" on here in May, when I pointed out that under Ashley we'd struggle squad wise this season with Europe....and was called a miserable so and so by quite a few who are now being a bit sniffy about the goings on this summer.

I'm like a fuckin scizophrenic at the moment...deep down, after all the shit of the last few years, most of it caused by the man himself, I don't think we've much choice but to go down the road Ashley is taking us. But Stevie et al have a major point, failing to stengthen in key areas this summer is a major chance missed.Thing is, a few scales have fallen from my eyes this year re Ashley, am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.....for the moment.

How long are people going to use the relegation as an arguement for not investing? Spurs nearly went down in 2008, perhaps they should pipe down as well? cement their existence in the PL?

Move on.

We adressed none of the glaring weaknesses in our squad despite having 3 months to do so.

Painfully obvious he doesnt give a fuck about adressing our weak spots.