Tiote or Hamann?

Baggio

Better NUFC player  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now I know it might not be a fair comparison as one is currently in a team chasing European qualification while the other only spent a season here kicking around the bottom half before the board decided to cash in on him, but who do you think was the better performer in midfield in a Newcastle shirt?

Edited by Baggio

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main thing I remember was THAT pre season goal he scored. Was it against Juve? Aye, he was quality for us but a different kind of player to Tiote.

The main thing I remember about him was asking people in the stage door if they knew who he was, making a cunt of himself. Is the stage door still there by the way? Scored a canny goal against Arsenal, very good player, but a total mug. Pleased we got £8.5m for someone who didn't want to be here. Baggio you do my tits in, and I hear Nigel Kennedy's voice when you type.

Jesus wept. Are you for real or is this just some really poor wummery?

Do you remember much of Hamann for us?

The guy was quality.

I do indeed. He was good, no Tiote though and, as pointed out, a different kind of player. Thus the comparison is pointless. The valid comparison is Tiote-Batty, both for their similarities as players and for their importance to the team.

Jesus wept. Are you for real or is this just some really poor wummery?

Do you remember much of Hamann for us?

The guy was quality.

I do indeed. He was good, no Tiote though and, as pointed out, a different kind of player. Thus the comparison is pointless. The valid comparison is Tiote-Batty, both for their similarities as players and for their importance to the team.

I'm comparing them as positions, not as in the way they play.

Personally I don't think there was much between them and Hamann was our stand out performer that season so you couldn't blame him for leaving when a better offer came along, he was also better for Liverpool than Tiote has been for us which I don't think is in doubt.

Both were better than Batty btw.

What a sweaty arse crack of a thread this is.

You going to write their names on your pencil case next?

Honestly it's enough to drive you to drink.

What a sweaty arse crack of a thread this is.

You going to write their names on your pencil case next?

Honestly it's enough to drive you to drink.

Newcastle Online type rubbish.

what's the beef with everyone? don't get it. i'd rather read something like this than the majority of threads on here that inevitably descend into the same tired "debate".

back to the op, i think tiote has the potential to be a far better player. it's surely only a matter of time that one of the big ambitious clubs makes us an offer mike can't refuse.

no coincidence that our slump coincided with his absence. i think there's a good chance we'd have got more from the difficult recent run of fixtures with him in the team.

I've no problem people saying (for example), Should we risk Colo or go for an even more makeshift back line?

I've no problem people saying, Obertan' is playing bollocks, should we drop him, and if so, who takes his place?

but "Who's better Tiote or Hamann" is fucking retarded. They're not the same kind of player imo, they're incomparable imo. It's like saying "who's better Shola or Lovenkrands"

Just another troll thread by Baggio. He comes from the same wummery school as CT, where they make a thread to "discuss" some seemingly unrelated point, but it's all a smokescreen for them to push their "Ashley's great" or "Jonas is shit" agendas, respectively.

What a bunch of fannies, its only wummery if the question makes you feel uncomfortable. Thats a fact.

How the question was framed was obviously tongue in cheek and deliberate but its fundamentally a decent question, not sure which way i would go tbh.

The OP is based on facts, your reply is merely opinion.

The want'away player in question (Hammann) fell out with the manager of the day ie. bust-up following his early substitution in a Cup final. That 'substitution' seemed to bring any existing tension to a head. Ultimately in a battle of egos in the changeroom the board will back it's manager, as was the case re: Souness v Bellamy, although the latter wanted to stay. What would you prefer, the situation akin to Bellamy where it was dragged over a lengthy period, where the manager (through ego alone) made a considerable sized dent in the player's value in the transfer market as he was deemed to be damaged goods/a perceived cancer in the change-room.

Hammann wasn't purely sold under the basis of capitalising on his resale value after season or two of excellence in the shop-window, as will the case re- Tiote, but then again the club was run by proper Football Men in those days.

Edited by Dolly Potter MD

Hamann was the better footballer. Also, I seem to remember he was played a bit further forward for us whereas he usually just sat in front of the back four (to great effect) for Liverpool. He was a bit of a dirty bastard too but a bit of a tart as well. Put it this way, I know who'd win a 50-50.

The OP is based on facts, your reply is merely opinion.

The want'away player in question (Hammann) fell out with the manager of the day ie. bust-up following his early substitution in a Cup final. That 'substitution' seemed to bring any existing tension to a head. Ultimately in a battle of egos in the changeroom the board will back it's manager, as was the case re: Souness v Bellamy, although the latter wanted to stay. What would you prefer, the situation akin to Bellamy where it was dragged over a lengthy period, where the manager (through ego alone) made a considerable sized dent in the player's value in the transfer market as he was deemed to be damaged goods/a perceived cancer in the change-room.

Hammann wasn't purely sold under the basis of capitalising on his resale value after season or two of excellence in the shop-window, as will the case re- Tiote, but then again the club was run by proper Football Men in those days.

absolutely, from start to finish. Unfortunately, it will largely fall on deaf ears.