The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may as well leave. We'll get Roger the Alien and Squidward to join Obertan in midfield, at least we'll have identical ugly heads to match their identical shit football whilst people think Pardew is doing the right thing in every decision.

He may as well leave. We'll get Roger the Alien and Squidward to join Obertan in midfield, at least we'll have identical ugly heads to match their identical shit football whilst people think Pardew is doing the right thing in every decision.

Much prefer The Obertan and Scratchy Show...

planet_of_the_aches.jpg

Also, Obertan shouldn't be considered in HBA discussions because his form has no bearing on HBA's selection. Discussion should be based around Best/Vuckic/whoever plays there and their form.

But on that basis, Ben Arfa should be starting but there must be a solid reason why he isn't.

I'm afraid my good sense of fair play and countenance to my fellow man has been broken by the Hatem issue. It is surreal that such a cogent and pure footballer can't get a game at our club. It's like we're fuking Stoke or Hull or summink.

FWIW I know that Pards is a hard worker it shows in the organisation of the def in those first dozen games and the way Tiote and Cabaye played to instructions. But he's just been pig headed and short sighted regarding moving to the next level which would mean playing some posession football and incorporating the best players and dropping idiots. He's failed cause he has no answers when the problems started that is clear now or he has no desire to re-mould a failing system.

Edited by Park Life

I dont understand how people can say Obertan needs a chance to settle and show what he can do and yet HBA gets stick about not doing that much yet in the limited time he has had, I would much sooner see HBA get a run of games. I know we dont see what happens in training but fact is HBa can be a game changer. Perfect for playing behind Ba imo.
Ignoring the fact they've been brought in to play in different positions so a comparison isn't worthwhile in the first place, it's exactly the opposite as far as I'm concerned. People have made their mind up on Obertan after 5 months, he's shit and deserves no support whatsover. After 2 years though, Ben Arfa needs more time to show what he can do. It's an incongruity that boils my piss...not because I don't think Ben Arfa should play, because I'd start him ahead of Best, but because supposed supporters of the club are bringing our own players down.
Thats guff like, Obertans never been good ANYWHERE not just here he's just always been crap, he's played consistently for us and been crap throughout where as HBA has been brilliant at previous clubs etc and for us hasn't had much of a chance, but because we know he's been great before we want him on more to see if he comes good. If Obertan was the best we had he'd get less abuse is the thing, if we knew the option waiting on the sidelines was a perch-esq winger we'd give him the shola treatment, "he's crap but he's our crap!" moaning when hes awful and singing his name when he's done something decent. But unfortunately for Obertan he has someone like HBA sitting there waiting to come on, a player who can and has played on the wing in a league winning side, who has a ton of experience under his belt and the rep of a classy player , so none of us can be arsed putting up with his dross and lazyness, we know who could/should be starting ahead of him whether its on the wing or somewhere else and he's getting the brunt of it. But i agree with you it's not his fault, it's Pardews fault... not Obertans, he can't help being started or being a bit less than stellar, but seeing as it's blatantly obvious everyone's frustrated and he's taking the flack (especially when it's simple things like putting a cross in he's failing at)

To a tee.

I dont understand how people can say Obertan needs a chance to settle and show what he can do and yet HBA gets stick about not doing that much yet in the limited time he has had,

I would much sooner see HBA get a run of games. I know we dont see what happens in training but fact is HBa can be a game changer. Perfect for playing behind Ba imo.

Ignoring the fact they've been brought in to play in different positions so a comparison isn't worthwhile in the first place, it's exactly the opposite as far as I'm concerned. People have made their mind up on Obertan after 5 months, he's shit and deserves no support whatsover. After 2 years though, Ben Arfa needs more time to show what he can do. It's an incongruity that boils my piss...not because I don't think Ben Arfa should play, because I'd start him ahead of Best, but because supposed supporters of the club are bringing our own players down.

Thats guff like, Obertans never been good ANYWHERE not just here he's just always been crap, he's played consistently for us and been crap throughout

where as HBA has been brilliant at previous clubs etc and for us hasn't had much of a chance, but because we know he's been great before we want him on more to see if he comes good.

If Obertan was the best we had he'd get less abuse is the thing, if we knew the option waiting on the sidelines was a perch-esq winger we'd give him the shola treatment, "he's crap but he's our crap!" moaning when hes awful and singing his name when he's done something decent.

But unfortunately for Obertan he has someone like HBA sitting there waiting to come on, a player who can and has played on the wing in a league winning side, who has a ton of experience under his belt and the rep of a classy player , so none of us can be arsed putting up with his dross and lazyness, we know who could/should be starting ahead of him whether its on the wing or somewhere else and he's getting the brunt of it.

But i agree with you it's not his fault, it's Pardews fault... not Obertans, he can't help being started or being a bit less than stellar, but seeing as it's blatantly obvious everyone's frustrated and he's taking the flack (especially when it's simple things like putting a cross in he's failing at)

Fair post.

Pardew said it back in September....

“My view is that he can’t play out wide. He has not got the relish for it and his best football comes through the middle.

“Realistically, he knows he has got more to do on the training ground. He smiles at me as if to say, ‘Okay, I will play next week.

“He has character and there are times in coming weeks if he has not made a start he will be kicking my door down.”

Pardew said it back in September....

“My view is that he can’t play out wide. He has not got the relish for it and his best football comes through the middle.

“Realistically, he knows he has got more to do on the training ground. He smiles at me as if to say, ‘Okay, I will play next week.

“He has character and there are times in coming weeks if he has not made a start he will be kicking my door down.”

He always drifts inside, he always has done. It really doesn't matter where he starts. (see Bale).

I've never seen him play on the wing so I don't know if it's right, but from what I've seen of him I can't imagine him bombing up and down the wing...and reading about his past it sounds more like he was on the left of a 4-3-3 when he performed on the outside.

I've never seen him play on the wing so I don't know if it's right, but from what I've seen of him I can't imagine him bombing up and down the wing...and reading about his past it sounds more like he was on the left of a 4-3-3 when he performed on the outside.

At the end of the day none of us would be guessing if he's just get a run in the side non?

FWIW Pards is partly right but that shouldn't preclude him starting on the right and drifting in...The fukcing forward mf is a vacum anyway with Tiote and Cabaye instructed to sit deep. What harm could it do?

Yes but Pardews a spastic, maybe a reporter should say

"Alan , you said you don't think ben arfa can play out wide, just wondering can you explain the 100ish apperances he picked up at marsille and lyon, along with the 5 league titles and 6 cups as a winger?"

(i took 20ish appearances off that total btw because they moved him out to the wing after a start elsewhere)

Yeah but does he track back the lazy fucker? :lol:

Pardew said it back in September.... “My view is that he can’t play out wide. He has not got the relish for it and his best football comes through the middle. “Realistically, he knows he has got more to do on the training ground. He smiles at me as if to say, ‘Okay, I will play next week. “He has character and there are times in coming weeks if he has not made a start he will be kicking my door down.”
He always drifts inside, he always has done. It really doesn't matter where he starts. (see Bale).

It matters if you have a league one standard defender like Danny Simpson behind you rather than an international like Ekotto.

Pardew said it back in September.... “My view is that he can’t play out wide. He has not got the relish for it and his best football comes through the middle. “Realistically, he knows he has got more to do on the training ground. He smiles at me as if to say, ‘Okay, I will play next week. “He has character and there are times in coming weeks if he has not made a start he will be kicking my door down.”

It matters if you have a league one standard defender like Danny Simpson behind you rather than an international like Ekotto.

Fear football? You pards loving motha! ;)

Ben Arfa used to play in 4-3-3's I thought. Doesn't seem to be the sort to put in a shift on the right flank of a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-4-2. Simpson needs protection and I don't think Pardew is going to ditch the formation he prefers to a 4-3-3 anytime soon.

I'd like to see Ben Arfa tonight behind Ba. I can see why Pardew went for Vuckic away from home to Liverpool though, he wanted to flood the midfield and Vuckic played a bit deeper and put in quite a shift-it was a big ask of him though and he was a llittle over-awed. It's also nice to have the option of Bn Arfa coming off a bench to change a game instead of just Vuckic/Lovenkrands/Shola.

We have a shitty squad. We have an owner who wants to achieve a top 10 finish with the minimum outlay on players. Pardew has us in a good position and had us playing entertaining football. He's only been in charge for a year-he'll need time to get in the squad he wants and the players to play the right way.

Fear football? You pards loving motha! ;)

Can't stand the big lipped, cuckolding twunt.

Let sanity prevail. Let's play Hatem, let's play football, let other sides worry about us. We have a lot of positives. We've happened across a high quality striker and a good standard central midfield (that other big sides are casting envious eyes at). Come on Pards! Be brave. Choose life!

Imagine the link-up between Santon and Ben-Arfa on the left, dribbling, crossing, and cutting inside, Ben Arfa could probably act as a wide playmaker to get the most out of his creativity. Then Jonas and Raylor switched to the right to enhance their crossing abilities. Sounds so sweet...

Imagine the link-up between Santon and Ben-Arfa on the left, dribbling, crossing, and cutting inside, Ben Arfa could probably act as a wide playmaker to get the most out of his creativity. Then Jonas and Raylor switched to the right to enhance their crossing abilities. Sounds so sweet...

Silva nearly always picks up the ball wide right and cuts inside.

Santon and Ben Arfa would be torn apart by Nani et al.

Someone should have told Blackburn.

forget about nani, im speaking about the games we should be able to win.