Newcastle v West Brom Wed 21st Kick Off 7.45pm

Christmas Tree

our injury woes aren't even bad. Steven Taylor is the only injured first teamer. And he ain't coming back soon. If that's all it takes to descend into relegation form of 2 points out of 18, then we really should be worried.

Well you've missed the point entirely there, i.e. I was referring to the previous 6 games not the games from now on.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our injury woes aren't even bad. Steven Taylor is the only injured first teamer. And he ain't coming back soon. If that's all it takes to descend into relegation form of 2 points out of 18, then we really should be worried.

Behave yourself

Tiote, Cabaye, Guthrie, Colo, Williamson and to an extent HBA... they are all short of fitness/suspended so don't play like we've a full strength team missing only one centre half. It's disingenuous

Still think we'll finish 7th or 8th as I have all season. Everyone goes through bad patches bar the top 2 or 3 sides. I think even Pardew will see the light regarding Obertan and drop him soon, if not for the next game then the game after that.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Behave yourself

Tiote, Cabaye, Guthrie, Colo, Williamson and to an extent HBA... they are all short of fitness/suspended so don't play like we've a full strength team missing only one centre half. It's disingenuous

Sorry Fish. Just exasperating for us folk who've been listening to the European talk on here for the past few months and trying to temper it with the fact the squad is far too bare/poor to cope with inevitable injury and suspension, to then be told 2 points from 18 is fine because we have injuries and suspensions. Anyone who thinks things are going to improve on that score as the season goes on and we have the intensive xmas period is living in cloud cuckoo land.

This is the risk we knew Ashley was taking, there's a reason Barfa was so cheap (11 games in 2 years or summat) and Marveaux was so cheap (half an appearance?) and Gosling (1 game) and Santon (3 games), we all had questions over their fitness when they arrived.....Ba is another and that risk paid off big style, for now (ACN is going to be a nightmare).

We've got 9 players with 14 appearances or more from our 17 league games. That's an impressively consistent Iineup we've been able to put out. I think we're doing remarkably well to go into the Bolton game with only Taylor missing from the first 11 that went on that outstanding run.

Where did I say it was fine?

You should stop twisting things. I said "injuries and suspensions are mainly to blame" and it thus goes without saying that a lack of cover in certain areas ties into that. I never saif it was "fine", I said that hopefully now we have more cover (even if it's just Williamson) + January spending, we should improve eventually.

Behave yourself

Sorry Fish. Just exasperating for us folk who've been listening to the European talk on here for the past few months and trying to temper it with the fact the squad is far too bare/poor to cope with inevitable injury and suspension, to then be told 2 points from 18 is fine because we have injuries and suspensions. Anyone who thinks things are going to improve on that score as the season goes on and we have the intensive xmas period is living in cloud cuckoo land.

This is the risk we knew Ashley was taking, there's a reason Barfa was so cheap (11 games in 2 years or summat) and Marveaux was so cheap (half an appearance?) and Gosling (1 game) and Santon (3 games), we all had questions over their fitness when they arrived.....Ba is another and that risk paid off big style, for now (ACN is going to be a nightmare).

We've got 9 players with 14 appearances or more from our 17 league games. That's an impressively consistent Iineup we've been able to put out. I think we're doing remarkably well to go into the Bolton game with only Taylor missing from the first 11 that went on that outstanding run.

:lol: Because of the one thread on Europe started by a notorious wum ? Your post is based on the assumption that other clubs refused correctly to take risks on these players but because of our risk-taking owner we ignored the signs that other clubs were afraid of and are now reaping the consequences? Thats bollocks man. Ben Arfa transfer has nothing to do with injuries, Marveaux was out of contract and ran it down to smooth a move to England which leaves you with Santon and Gosling as the examples of a inherently risky transfer policy. Its being too mean to have expensive wages on the bench and bad luck, nothing more complicated.

I think the main point being ignored by many is how valuable S Taylor was to us. I know he is not popular but the increase in number of goals conceded since he went out the side is remarkable. Its clear that the other half of the problem is that there was no one to replace him but he was playing really well and formed a great partnership with Colo.

Anyway "all the European talk on here for months" forced me to log in and tell you to shut up. What a load of bollocks, the last 3 weeks have been dominated by doubts over Pardew, for the later part of our amazing run when we hit 3rd spot there was some legitimate optimism and one thread on the topic. Dont try and portray yourself as some martyr to the righteous and realistic cause, you'll get like Parky.

Ben Arfa was cheap because we knew his leg might break after a vicious tackle.

HF you're just as bad as that transfer request thread sometimes.

We signed him after his leg was snapped and while he was out for the season. He came because he made trouble and forced the move. The cheapness was a combination of the 2. Don't see how that can be argued.

Behave yourself

:lol: Because of the one thread on Europe started by a notorious wum ? Your post is based on the assumption that other clubs refused correctly to take risks on these players but because of our risk-taking owner we ignored the signs that other clubs were afraid of and are now reaping the consequences? Thats bollocks man. Ben Arfa transfer has nothing to do with injuries, Marveaux was out of contract and ran it down to smooth a move to England which leaves you with Santon and Gosling as the examples of a inherently risky transfer policy. Its being too mean to have expensive wages on the bench and bad luck, nothing more complicated.

I think the main point being ignored by many is how valuable S Taylor was to us. I know he is not popular but the increase in number of goals conceded since he went out the side is remarkable. Its clear that the other half of the problem is that there was no one to replace him but he was playing really well and formed a great partnership with Colo.

Anyway "all the European talk on here for months" forced me to log in and tell you to shut up. What a load of bollocks, the last 3 weeks have been dominated by doubts over Pardew, for the later part of our amazing run when we hit 3rd spot there was some legitimate optimism and one thread on the topic. Dont try and portray

Though marveaux was knocked back by Liverpool on fitness and stoke wouldn't risk Ba. You're talking bollocks if you think Gosling and santon were the only players ashley signed with dodgy legs.

Edited by Happy Face

Nice to hear from you again though, you've been pretty quiet for a few weeks. Nowt to do with our form i'm sure as you're always keen to point the finger at those who fail to post in a match thread when the result/performance confounds their view. :razz:

Taylor had an understanding with Colo that Perch simply does not have, or is capable of having.

But Colo was the weak link on Wednesday, not perch.

perch will always be a weak link ffs. he failed at marking his man during two of those goals.

Behave yourself

exactly.

Can't quite get my head around "knowledgeable" supporters, who think selling your best players and pocketing the cash is "progress" and getting good results against the poorer teams means the season ends in November.

Behave yourself

can I just say that I've been saying this for years ?