Boxing day match: Bolton - Newcastle

Aeris

http://www.dailymail...ess-streak.html

Yohan Cabaye will return to the Newcastle squad for the Boxing Day trip to Bolton.

The Frenchman missed the 3-2 home defeat by West Brom on Wednesday evening through suspension, but is likely to go straight back into the team at the Reebok Stadium.

Full-back Davide Santon is being assessed after limping out of the Baggies game with a knee problem at half-time and midfielder Danny Guthrie (groin) is still a doubt, while striker Peter Lovenkrands could be sidelined for up to three weeks by a calf injury.

Central defender Steven Taylor (achilles) is expected to sit out the rest of the season and midfielder Dan Gosling completes his three-match ban.

Provisional squad: Krul, Elliot, Harper, Simpson, R. Taylor, Santon, Ferguson, Perch, Coloccini, Williamson, Kadar, Tiote, Cabaye, Obertan, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez, Sammy Ameobi, Abeid, Vuckic, Smith, Ba, Best, Shola Ameobi.

A 6 game winless run now. Will this finally come to an end? Do we have what it takes to beat the next to worst team in PL? Tbf I'm not sure, but I would say playerwise yes, tacticalwise no we need changes. So let's if Pardew can conjure up something fresh to get us the 3 points we desperately need to keep us safe inside top 10 and close to the top flight (which I do hope everyone expects after such good beginning of the season).

Feel free to post your predictions and analysis of whatever aspect of the match you find suitable.

Edited by Aeris

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Ba has absolutely no use of having Best as a partner atm. They might have had some minor romance in the beginning, but I guess that was just pure luck...

I'd also like to see Jonas play on his right foot side for once, maybe he can manage some more crosses like... Vuckic has definitely proved he can be made use of, and Obertan needs to fuck off for a while.

I hope also this was the last we've seen of Perch in central defense.

Edited by Aeris

A 6 game winless run now. Will this finally come to an end? Do we have what it takes to beat the next to worst team in PL? Tbf I'm not sure, but I would say playerwise yes, tacticalwise no we need changes. So let's if Pardew can conjure up something fresh to get us the 3 points we desperately need to keep us in the top 10 (which I do hope everyone expects after such good beginning of the season).

We've played the top 3 teams in the league.

I'm not saying lets all join Team Positive, but you're being awfully negative.

I'd love to see an attacking formation of -

Tiote Cabaye

Jonas Vuckic Ben Arfa

Ba

Not that it will happen.

Jonas on the right? but aye, other than that, that's a side I'd like to see turn out. And sufficiently robust to permit Ben Arfa and Vuckic a bit more freedom.

Tiote Cabaye

Jonas Vuckic Ben Arfa

Ba

Not that it will happen.

Jonas on the right? but aye, other than that, that's a side I'd like to see turn out. And sufficiently robust to permit Ben Arfa and Vuckic a bit more freedom.

Has he proved himself being worthy the left side lately? Not very...

Edited by Aeris

Tiote Cabaye

Jonas Vuckic Ben Arfa

Ba

Not that it will happen.

Has he proved himself on the left side lately? Not very...

I wish I had the memory of a goldfish, like you.

I'm speaking of the last two matches. He's been dissapointing. We're probably just lost in translation...per usual..

perhaps...

We, we always have been, ever since... the incident.

Guest CabayeAye

No doubt Pardew will pick Obershit again and we'll get beat.

However, a decent manager would pick:

-----------------Krul

Simpson Colo Williamson Santon

----------------Tiote

Sammy------Cabaye----------Jonas

----------------Ben Arfa

------------------Ba

No doubt Pardew will pick Obershit again and we'll get beat.

However, a decent manager would pick:

-----------------Krul

Simpson Colo Williamson Santon

----------------Tiote

Sammy------Cabaye----------Jonas

----------------Ben Arfa

------------------Ba

Sssssssssssssammy??...

If Santon's knee is giving him trouble then we won't be seeing him again for 2 months. Other than that bit of misery I am hopeful we can win this one regardless of the side we put out. Bolton are utter shit, their result against Blackburn, who are also choke full of festive shitmas themselves, means nothing.

By the by, I'm starting to see why the Scandinavian countries lead the world in suicide rates, cheer up ya misery bastards. ;)

watching us lose another silly game because Perch comes in 10 seconds to late to mark kevin davies or ivan klasnic will be sheer joy, and also reason to rip the hair out of my skull. they both got infinitely better skills with their dickheads than perch has on his floppy fishlike bananahead, and I'm speaking of his main head.

Edited by Aeris

--------------Krul-------------

Simpson Willo Colo Jonas/Santon

---------------Tiote-------------

-------Cabaye-----Vuckic-----

Ben Arfa----------------Fergie

---------------Ba----------------

subs: Elliot, Best, Obertan, Abeid, Taylor, Sammy, Shola

If Pardew ever was as awesome tactician as me :P

Edited by Aeris

Colo is on his fourth yellow btw, he should be extremely careful now...

No he shouldn't, I'm pretty sure they start anew with cards from January onwards.

Ban will still be applied won't it?

So if Santon is fit, you'd drop Jonas all together and play Ferguson?

Santon fit -> Jonas up ->Fergie benched -> Shola Out

Fergie can cross a ball though...would might be interesting to see him instead of Jonas this match.

Edited by Aeris