January Transfer window 2012- Deadline Day Madness

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise he has problems and all that but if someone like Alex can enjoy the here and now then anyone can.

Bit harsh like.

Was meant as a compliment.

You have hated Ashley with a passion to a degree where you have felt you needed to give your season ticket up, yet that doesn't blind you to some of the good that's going on.

I was taking the piss. Fuck off was it a compliment btw :lol:

By the way, what fantastic PR once again for Newcastle United to hijack the ANC and show case such a big signing. It will be all the talk today and can only do us very well in the future.

While we may not have the resources of the bankrolled clubs, we appear to be once again have that big club, big player feel back which can only help ease more deals over the lines.

To think only last week we were panicking about losing Ba, not knowing the real intention was to get a class No 9 to partner him.

The only downside to all of this is having to wait four weeks to see this team take to the field.

Cant wait for the mackems.

minus Krul, if current rumours are to be believed ?

Then what ?

Interesting example, a player who cost us nothing, yet adequately replaced a player sold for £6m. That must mean he's no good right?

it's pointless talking to people like you.

People who regularly point out the gaping chasm in your argument?

I admire your tenacity to stick to the same tried and tested lines in the face of such a tsunami of factual information that contradicts them.

Every successful football club (bar those owned by sugar daddy sheikhs and russian oligarchs) are run like businesses. Arsenal have been doing it for years and have consistently achieved CL status. At times they've received bids too good to turn down - occasionally because the player wants the move (see Fabregas, Cole, Nasri) or sometimes because they were selling them at the peak of their value before a inevitable slide in form (see Henry, Viera, Overmars and Petit). What all of these players have in common is that Arsenal made profits on those players, a fraction of which went back in to player recruitment, the rest to pay for operational costs, wages and I dare say shareholder dividends.

Where FFS went wrong is that he didn't recoup any real value from his assets. So we consistently bought players at the height of their potential worth and sold them for next to nothing or actually nothing (see Robert, Speed, Martins, Owen, Cort, Dyer).

Unless you see players as assets you will always have to find extra revenue to fund new players, and eventually the well will run dry and those wonderful Champions League nights that we all loved will NEVER return.

FMA, for all his faults, has managed to get the club back in a financial position where Europe is back as a possibility.

Good points, well made but sadly wasted on Leazes

If you don't like leazes use the fucking ignore function, your posts berating his are just as tiresome

QFT and that.

It's like a bunch of charvers have got a racist old tramp surrounded in old eldon square, poking him with sticks trying to inflame his ire and everyone's just walking past letting them get on with it. We might not agree with the entrenched views of the victim, but just leave him to his views and stop the goading. He can argue with the sky quite happily and it harms no-one.

If you don't like leazes use the fucking ignore function, your posts berating his are just as tiresome

QFT and that.

It's like a bunch of charvers have got a racist old tramp surrounded in old eldon square, poking him with sticks trying to inflame his ire and everyone's just walking past letting them get on with it. We might not agree with the entrenched views of the victim, but just leave him to his views and stop the goading. He can argue with the sky quite happily and it harms no-one.

oldman_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

QFT and that.

:lol:

QFT and that.

That's bollocks imo. People have tried on numerous occasions to try and make him see sense, but he's incapable of it. The pleasant coaxing approach (Do you agree with this. "Yes" And do you agree with that. "of course, I'm not an idiot!" And do you see how putting this and that together gives you a logical conclusion of this. "Does it fuck, and I've been telling you for 4 years that it doesn't") has been done to death, and it gets you nowhere. Ignoring him isn't an option, cos he turns up and gets in people's faces with "omg", "if you really believe that, you're an idiot, i've been telling you for 4 years" etc etc. He's looking for a reaction as much as anyone else is.

The exchanges with him inevitably degenerate into pisstaking because it's all there is left to do. I think people putting him on ignore would offend him a lot more than the pisstaking does.

QFT and that.

That's bollocks imo. People have tried on numerous occasions to try and make him see sense, but he's incapable of it. The pleasant coaxing approach (Do you agree with this. "Yes" And do you agree with that. "of course, I'm not an idiot!" And do you see how putting this and that together gives you a logical conclusion of this. "Does it fuck, and I've been telling you for 4 years that it doesn't") has been done to death, and it gets you nowhere. Ignoring him isn't an option, cos he turns up and gets in people's faces with "omg", "if you really believe that, you're an idiot, i've been telling you for 4 years" etc etc. He's looking for a reaction as much as anyone else is.

The exchanges with him inevitably degenerate into pisstaking because it's all there is left to do. I think people putting him on ignore would offend him a lot more than the pisstaking does.

Aye, that's my take on it too fwiw (although HF's analogy was a piss funny mental image nonetheless). It'd be massively precious of him to take the hump at what's been written the last few days given the insults he rattles off (and he hasn't in fairness to him as he's relentless), so theres probs no need to get all precious about it on his behalf HF. When you've got someone talking absolute shite on a forum your options are fairly limited and having a laugh at them for it is within a perfectly valid range of responses. I opted for 'ignore' a while back when he was just being a racist dickhead but it's still amusing to see him being quoted, while not actually participating directly in his mad fantasy argument.

QFT and that.

I just wanted to call Leazes a racist tramp that would harangue thin air if I'm honest. Mebeez a bit much to call anyone that wastes their time on him in this mood a bullying type of charver, but can't see why anyone would bother engaging with someone who's not open minded enough to consider things might change.

QFT and that.

I just wanted to call Leazes a racist tramp that would harangue thin air if I'm honest. Mebeez a bit much to call anyone that wastes their time on him in this mood a bullying type of charver, but can't see why anyone would bother engaging with someone who's not open minded enough to consider things might change.

:lol: fair enough, I'll let you off.

QFT and that.

Stubbornness?

Edit: ;) for safety.

Edited by toonotl

I do. Doesn't stop the cunt dominating countless threads with the same old shite though does it. It's hard to ignore those quote pyramids. Any way those can be blocked by the ignore tool too?

Have you got one of those mouses's (mice?) that has a scroll button in the middle? I just use that, e.g. i see a name / avatar and i know what they are saying, I just speed up the scroll and the post is gone in less than a second. Ignore functions are for playgrounds.

but can't see why anyone would bother engaging with someone who's not open minded enough to consider things might change.

Won't speak for anyone else, but for me? It's mainly boredom. :cuppa: