Why Aren't You All Talking About Morrison?

Tottenham Dave

For me the top 3 now are definitely the best 3 teams and when you watch them i agree with Alex that Spurs are playing better than manu. That said fergie and that lot just know what it takes time and again to grind their way to the top regardless of form so you can never rule the bastards out sadly.

I can actually see all 3 winning it but think Spurs will fall short due to lacking the title winning experience and man city need to get Silva & Baliotelli back and hang on till Toure and Kompany return as understandably they aren't the same side without those guys.

But if manu do manage to scrape their way to a title it'll be a pretty poor title winning side imo when you compare it to their past teams.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, where's my League predictions TD?

As the World's most superstitious football fan, I will have to politely decline I'm afraid.

If I say third, which would be an amazing achievement I think, it would inevitably kick-start a second half of the season Spurs collapse reminiscent of the 90s England Cricket team.

That said I think it's City's title to lose, they are far and away the best side in the league I think.

I'd be amazed if Spurs achieved 3rd spot. I don't think they have the strength in depth to mount a serious challenge.

I'm hoping for a signing or two this month. We definitely need another Striker that can hold the ball up because if Adebayor is missing, Defoe can't play that role, and Pav frankly has a club foot - when the ball is played to him at anything over 4mph it bounces 6 feet away from him.

We also need cover at CB, so Samba would be a nice addition, it all depends on whether he wants a shot at Europe with us, or more money at QPR.

I expect Arse and Chelsea to have a stronger second half of the season, so yes, even fourth will be tough.

Anyway, where's my League predictions TD?

As the World's most superstitious football fan, I will have to politely decline I'm afraid.

If I say third, which would be an amazing achievement I think, it would inevitably kick-start a second half of the season Spurs collapse reminiscent of the 90s England Cricket team.

That said I think it's City's title to lose, they are far and away the best side in the league I think.

I'd be amazed if Spurs achieved 3rd spot. I don't think they have the strength in depth to mount a serious challenge.

They've had a lot of luck, but grind results too when they're not playing too good, I think they'll get third. Chelsea are shite, Arsenal are shite, we could come above Liverpool, I don't know who will pinch third off them tbh. All these teams with three new players we can seriously compete with.

I can actually see all 3 winning it but think Spurs will fall short due to lacking the title winning experience .

I think that's the key thing really, it's all a bit new for us. And even though we have certain players that have won things with other clubs, as a collective they haven't.

The other thing is injuries. Even though it's the same for all clubs, if we were to lose Modric, Bale, Lennon or VDV for an extended period, we'd suffer massively.

Hopefully the injury Gods are smiling on us.

Where do you think we'll finish Dave?

On the other thread where you voted for points total, I think I chose 58-60 (or similar) for you which looking at previous seasons is good enough for between 5th-7th.

As I just said, I think you are better than Liverpool, but I expect Arsenal and Chelsea to improve from now until the end of the season.

Next season could be a good one for you, I think it was McFaul who earlier in this thread said that with a couple of decent signings you are a potential top threat, I'd agree with that.

Souness signed Parker because, despite not giving him a game, Jose Mourinho said he was mint. At the time, Mourinho saying that was like John Candy with his Casio at the hotel desk in Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Wasn't it Souness who bought the wrong player for Southampton over the phone to the lads 'agent'.

Not sure? Possibly. I remember him signing a player who was supposedly George Weah's cousin and a proper cush player. He brought him on as sub and then went on to sub him later in the game, after it became apparent that he wasn't even a professional footballer.

:lol: Aye I think that's him, class.

Guy's name is Ali Dia. From Wiki:

Days later, Dia was signed by Southampton manager Graeme Souness, after Souness received a phone call purporting to be from Liberian international and former FIFA World Player of the Year, George Weah. "Weah" told Souness that Dia was his cousin, had played for Paris Saint-Germain, and had played 13 times for his country. None of this was actually true, and the phone call was made by a fellow university student of Dia's to Souness, suggesting that he should give Dia a chance with Southampton.[2] Souness was convinced

Fucking hilarious.

Not just hilarious, but completely embarrassing.

They've had a lot of luck, but grind results too when they're not playing too good, I think they'll get third. Chelsea are shite, Arsenal are shite, we could come above Liverpool, I don't know who will pinch third off them tbh. All these teams with three new players we can seriously compete with.

I think this window will dictate 3rd spot. I can see Chelsea picking a few decent players from other Premier League sides and Arsenal will no doubt buy 300 18yr old French kids for under a tenner each, one of which will be decent. I think Spurs will fall into the trap of signing a stack of midfielders, but not really solve their squad problems.

A centre back, a striker and a winger could see us really put in a challenge, but I'd reckon the standard of player we actually bring in won't be of sufficient calibre to actually do it.

Liverpool have shown that Dalglish isn't a good mover in the transfer window, the big money signings aren't really working, and they're relying on Gerrard and Bellamy for real drive and creation. I hope that Gerrard gets crocked again and that Bellamy falls out with the Amazing Mumblo. Love to see Liverpool finish down the league because they're just so fucking odious.

I think Spurs are the 2nd best side in the country (after City). That said, I've got a nasty feeling Man Utd will win the title (just because Ferguson is so adept at his job).

My thoughts too.

Spurs are definitely playing some of the best football at the moment. Pains me to say it but they've got where they are on merit. Would be funny as hell if they finish ahead of Man City too.

Spurs squad is decent enough. Off the top of my head :

Keepers : Yank, Gobes & Cudicini

Defenders : Kaboul, King, Dawson, Gallas, Bassong, EssouE, Corluka, Walker

Mids : Modric, Bale, Lennon, Huddleston, Parker, Pienaar, Krancjar, DosSantos, Sandro

Forwards : Adebayor, Defoe, VdVaart, Pavyluchenko

Mids : Modric, Bale, Lennon, Huddleston, Parker, Pienaar, Krancjar, DosSantos, Sandro

Old, inconsistent, old and out of practise

All right, crock, penalty magnet, old and slow, totally gone off the boil, all right, average, really good promise

Superb, over hyped, inconsistent and no end product, shit, pirouetting back-passer, hasn't featured at all, past-it, done nothing, Parker-lite

Mercenary and not there for long, good finisher but inconsistent, manages 60 minutes, crap

On this Morrison lad. If he is rejecting contract offers from ManU what does he realistically expect us to offer him?

Seems the kid is believing alot of the hype that surrounds hi, rather than the reality of the situation which is that he is yet to accomplish fuck all as a footballer.

On this Morrison lad. If he is rejecting contract offers from ManU what does he realistically expect us to offer him?

Seems the kid is believing alot of the hype that surrounds hi, rather than the reality of the situation which is that he is yet to accomplish fuck all as a footballer.

maybe figures hes a better chance of PL football here, what with us not being man u and all

maybe figures hes a better chance of PL football here, what with us not being man u and all

It probably pissed him off that Fergie chose to bring back a geriatric Scholes rather than give him his shot in the first 11.

If its playing time he's after and not some big fancy pay packet then good on him. I have my doubts if that is the case though just judging from the stories doing the rounds.

If its playing time he's after and not some big fancy pay packet then good on him. I have my doubts if that is the case though just judging from the stories doing the rounds.

he might have an attitude problem/be a dick but that doesn't mean he doesn't love football

he might have an attitude problem/be a dick but that doesn't mean he doesn't love football

That's probably true. My cynical side getting the better of me perhaps. Good luck to him. I hope we sign him.

All right, crock, penalty magnet, old and slow, totally gone off the boil, all right, average, really good promise

Superb, over hyped, inconsistent and no end product, shit, pirouetting back-passer, hasn't featured at all, past-it, done nothing, Parker-lite

Mercenary and not there for long, good finisher but inconsistent, manages 60 minutes, crap

What aload of shit. :lol:

Guest CabayeAye

What aload of shit. :lol:

Looks pretty accurate to me. Just needs more emphasis on how ultrashit Parker is.