Tottenham Hotspur - Newcastle United

Aeris

So when we put 3 past man u that must make fergie tactically naive? Or when man u put 8 past arsenal, Wenger hasn't got a clue?

Teams get beat by good teams sometimes. Get over it. Doesn't suddenly make Pardew a bad manager. We had Perch holding the midfield ffs, what were we expecting? Colo got murdered off Adebayor too. Is that Pardew fault?

Stop twisting my words. If you go back one page you'll see that I'm saying that Pardew is a very good man manager and that he's done very well for us. I expected a loss, but I would have liked to see a reaction when we let in 2,3 very quick goals.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when we put 3 past man u that must make fergie tactically naive? Or when man u put 8 past arsenal, Wenger hasn't got a clue?

Teams get beat by good teams sometimes. Get over it. Doesn't suddenly make Pardew a bad manager. We had Perch holding the midfield ffs, what were we expecting? Colo got murdered off Adebayor too. Is that Pardew fault?

Stop twisting my words. If you go back one page you'll see that I'm saying that Pardew is a very good man manager and that he's done very well for us. I expected a loss, but I would have liked to see a reaction when we let in 2,3 very quick goals.

so using subs within the first 5 minutes?

so using subs within the first 5 minutes?

No but maybe change to a 4-5-1

I suppose at least we should have Tiote and Cabaye in the middle for our next game. And we've been quite good at getting a result after a set-back this season. That's about all you could say that's positive. Hopefully Obertan'll be dropped for Ben Arfa too.

I'm not quite as in love with him as CT ;) but he's looked good when he's played. I wouldn't be against playing him at LB if Santon or Simpson were injured either. He could do with putting a few pounds on like.

I don't think Ferguson disgraced himself. Ben Arfa might fancy his chances against wolves though

I'd be surprised if Ben Arfa is still here next season, Pardew doesn't like keeping things in house does he? I thought there was absolutely no need for him to come out in public and say Benny hasn't really grasped English football yet. He was only playing 4 weeks of 10/11 and minus injuries 4 months this season. I think he just doesn't fancy him. Pards likes attacking football which is a positive, but the way he plays the side means the players can be as attacking as they like, as long as they work like fuck, in my view Pards thinks the penny will never fully drop with Benny, and he'll be away by July. That's my prediction.

The game was exactly like I said it would be, it's humiliating losing 5-0, but completely expected with a centre midfield containing two Watford level players. Perch, I mean it wasn't like he was doing complicated things wrong, FIVE YARD passes, TEN YARD passes and he couldn't dee it. Guthrie it's a shame cos he's got reasonable technique, but hes too slow and thinks too slow, against players like Modric and Krancjar who are so good they know which passes they are making before the ball is even at their feet, well it was fucking obvious, people saying we had a chance are just deluded. The fact is the squad is not big enough, we need someone to compete with Cabaye and Tiote, are we a big enough club to have decent competition for places? We should be.

I don't think Ferguson disgraced himself. Ben Arfa might fancy his chances against wolves though

I'd be surprised if Ben Arfa is still here next season, Pardew doesn't like keeping things in house does he? I thought there was absolutely no need for him to come out in public and say Benny hasn't really grasped English football yet. He was only playing 4 weeks of 10/11 and minus injuries 4 months this season. I think he just doesn't fancy him. Pards likes attacking football which is a positive, but the way he plays the side means the players can be as attacking as they like, as long as they work like fuck, in my view Pards thinks the penny will never fully drop with Benny, and he'll be away by July. That's my prediction.

The game was exactly like I said it would be, it's humiliating losing 5-0, but completely expected with a centre midfield containing two Watford level players. Perch, I mean it wasn't like he was doing complicated things wrong, FIVE YARD passes, TEN YARD passes and he couldn't dee it. Guthrie it's a shame cos he's got reasonable technique, but hes too slow and thinks too slow, against players like Modric and Krancjar who are so good they know which passes they are making before the ball is even at their feet, well it was fucking obvious, people saying we had a chance are just deluded. The fact is the squad is not big enough, we need someone to compete with Cabaye and Tiote, are we a big enough club to have decent competition for places? We should be.

Are you sure about that? Our football under Pardew seems very efficient, but I can't really say there's any indications there about him liking to play attacking football.

Are you sure about that? Our football under Pardew seems very efficient, but I can't really say there's any indications there about him liking to play attacking football.

Must be frustrating for the likes of Cabaye tbh, getting lured to Newcastle by the promise to change the style the team plays only to get taught hoofball in the end

I am sure aye, he goes away to places like Wolves and takes the game to them, we nearly always have a go.

We were under the cosh for large parts of the Wolves game.

I've saw us playing what I would call attacking football under Keegan and Robson, the style we play at the moment is certainly not attacking football.

We're an efficient team, that's doing very well at picking up results. Plus the fact Pardew would rather play what he calls "hard-workers" in key attacking positions doesn't really say to me he's that much of an attacking minded manager.

Could you imagine Robson or Keegan dropping Ginola or Robert because they didn't work hard enough? They knew they were good enough going forward, so let them go out and play their natural game. Whereas under Pardew, we're very structured and rigid, and like to hit the ball long quite often, which is shown by the amount of time Krul spends kicking it long when he could easily pass it short and we could build from the back.

One of the first things I noticed when Keegan returned was how our keepers starting playing it out from the back rather than just hitting it and hoping. (Which we do quite a bit of at the moment)

Compare our fullbacks to Mourinhos teams. He gans mad if they cross the half way line. Pardew loves ours to overlap and get crosses in

Aye because Marcelo's really known for his defensive capabilities.

We were all over them till we 0-2 up, then as happens in every game when you're 2-0 up the opposition had a go particularly when they're the home team. Keegan's Newcastle operated in an era where tactics weren't as key in English football as they are now.

We were all over them till we 0-2 up, then as happens in every game when you're 2-0 up the opposition had a go particularly when they're the home team. Keegan's Newcastle operated in an era where tactics weren't as key in English football as they are now.

What about his second spell with the 4-3-3? That was a lot more attacking and fluid than we play now.

What about his second spell with the 4-3-3? That was a lot more attacking and fluid than we play now.

Aye and we didn't win for 10 games.