Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

The biggest change will be the total pointlessness of the SPL until Rangers get back in it. Balanced league my arse, Celtic have a huge lead over the rest who frankly are Championship standard at best and will piss the SPL for the next 3/4 years. If you think anything else then you are sadly mistaken.

It's pointless with Rangers in never mind without, and you must be joking about the standard? Celtic are championship at best, the rest League One and League Two at best. Sheffield United would be the third best side in Scotland without a doubt, they're in League One.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pointless with Rangers in never mind without, and you must be joking about the standard? Celtic are championship at best, the rest League One and League Two at best. Sheffield United would be the third best side in Scotland without a doubt, they're in League One.

QFT

The biggest change will be the total pointlessness of the SPL until Rangers get back in it. Balanced league my arse, Celtic have a huge lead over the rest who frankly are Championship standard at best and will piss the SPL for the next 3/4 years. If you think anything else then you are sadly mistaken.

The SPL (to anyone outside the OF) is pointless with Rangers, only one from 2 could win it. There’s little difference tbh.

Second place for those 2/3/4 years is opened up (which brings Europe), The 11-1 voting disappears, so money is distributed more fairly or equally.

There will be a big restructure of the leagues because the SPL has been set up purely to feed the OF and maintain their dominance. The other clubs now have their chance to change that.

Celtic will remain, for some time, the “biggest” fish but they will have to cut their cloth, thus the gap will close over time (especially if ALL gate receipts are shared equally, which includes home and away – the whole league gets a fair share of everything via revenue sharing – top to bottom, that levels the playing field, it no doubt screws Celtic, but everyone else gains and it becomes a real competition for the first time since the 80’s).

It’s a long road, fans up there know that, but it’s a once in a lifetime chance.

The league is crap, no-one (least of all the fans up there) dispute that, all they want is the chance to compete.

The SPL (to anyone outside the OF) is pointless with Rangers, only one from 2 could win it. There’s little difference tbh.

Second place for those 2/3/4 years is opened up (which brings Europe), The 11-1 voting disappears, so money is distributed more fairly or equally.

There will be a big restructure of the leagues because the SPL has been set up purely to feed the OF and maintain their dominance. The other clubs now have their chance to change that.

Celtic will remain, for some time, the “biggest” fish but they will have to cut their cloth, thus the gap will close over time (especially if ALL gate receipts are shared equally, which includes home and away – the whole league gets a fair share of everything via revenue sharing – top to bottom, that levels the playing field, it no doubt screws Celtic, but everyone else gains and it becomes a real competition for the first time since the 80’s).

It’s a long road, fans up there know that, but it’s a once in a lifetime chance.

The league is crap, no-one (least of all the fans up there) dispute that, all they want is the chance to compete.

:lol:

Did he really just type that like it's a possibility?

:lol:

Did he really just type that like it's a possibility?

Go onto Kickback and in the Liquidation thread (700-ish pages long) there's some links to Celtic blogs/forums where the "light has started to go on" that as the duopoly dies their potential monopoly is severely threatened and it is one of the concerns they raise, as evidently it has been mooted. Not digging it up for you.

Anyway, what's so outlandish about it, revenue sharing is hardly a new concept. (although you being Mr Parochial-squared, I doubt you'd realise) It works for a £6.5 Billion turnover per year sporting organisation elsewhere. All revenue's go into a single pot (attendance, merchandise, TV the lot) and is then equally shared, owners/the league get the surplus, every team starts every year with an equal chance.

Can't be a bad thing surely??

Go onto Kickback and in the Liquidation thread (700-ish pages long) there's some links to Celtic blogs/forums where the "light has started to go on" that as the duopoly dies their potential monopoly is severely threatened and it is one of the concerns they raise, as evidently it has been mooted. Not digging it up for you.

Anyway, what's so outlandish about it, revenue sharing is hardly a new concept. (although you being Mr Parochial-squared, I doubt you'd realise) It works for a £6.5 Billion turnover per year sporting organisation elsewhere. All revenue's go into a single pot (attendance, merchandise, TV the lot) and is then equally shared, owners/the league get the surplus, every team starts every year with an equal chance.

Can't be a bad thing surely??

It's never been done before ever in any league in the world. Cup ties aye. League no and never will be. Celtic say average £25 a ticket 50,000 fans at Parkhead (all bar 1,000 are Celtic) so what? £1,250,000 in receipts. Motherwell v Inverness £20 a ticket 4,000 there £80,000 revenue, you in all seriousness expect Celtic to give up all that revenue? You'd be talking £10m a season minimum. Roald Dahl wouldn't even write something as unbelievable.

It's never been done before ever in any league in the world. Cup ties aye. League no and never will be. Celtic say average £25 a ticket 50,000 fans at Parkhead (all bar 1,000 are Celtic) so what? £1,250,000 in receipts. Motherwell v Inverness £20 a ticket 4,000 there £80,000 revenue, you in all seriousness expect Celtic to give up all that revenue? You'd be talking £10m a season minimum. Roald Dahl wouldn't even write something as unbelievable.

Take it up with the Celtic blogs/forums that raised the spectre of it.

Just because it's never happened in football doesn't mean it can't. I agree Celtic wouldn't voluntarily give up that revenue but if there was a vote of league members that approved it, they'd have no choice, and that is what they are concerned about, the loss of their power or size advantage.

It's not a fairy tale, it happens in at least one other sport (big as the EPL in money terms), in football, (which lets face it is a backwater when it comes to change/innovation) players couldn't leave for free at the end of their contracts not so long ago.

If a league voted for it, what's to stop it. Where could Celtic (for example) go ??

Another player saying he won't be joining the newco, Jamie Ness.

Came through a couple seasons ago and played really well but he's been injured alot recently. Another apparent Rangers "fan" leaving.

Another player saying he won't be joining the newco, Jamie Ness.

Came through a couple seasons ago and played really well but he's been injured alot recently. Another apparent Rangers "fan" leaving.

Are you convinced you'll have a league to play in next season?...

Sadly, most players think like players,not fans, as soon as they sign their first contract.

Are you convinced you'll have a league to play in next season?...

Sadly, most players think like players,not fans, as soon as they sign their first contract.

I'm not sure they will have myself

Only needs 8 out of 30 to blow them out completely. (Raith and Falkirk already not so certain) and football fans have long memories:

In 1964 Rangers tried to extinguish Berwick, Stranraer, Ayr, Stenhousmuir and one other in a league reorganisation.

Also:

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

SFA tell newco Rangers to get their application for SFA membership in by Friday.

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

The SFA application must include fit and proper details from administrators re Charles Green and consortium

Newco currently have NO football accreditation, they need SFA membership AND a positive vote from SFL members.

Edited by Toonpack

SOME fuckwit on a forum speculating that something that has never been done before could happen. Ah whey that's it then. pmsl what an old doilum.

You've harped on like I'd made it up, but you see, I didn't, it was concerns raised on Celtic boards/forums that it could happen that I mentioned. I happened upon a link where the topic was being discussed, according to you by someone like you on a forum, you know, to try and educate you.

Maybe this will help:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17501490

An SPL Chairmans words in March.

"If 10 clubs meeting together to discuss common interests is disrespectful, I would have thought that constantly talking about moving to England or some place in the North Atlantic is even more disrespectful."

"Johnston also rejected the suggestion that the 10 clubs want to revert back to sharing home gates, pointing out that "five or six" of those clubs would also be against such a move".

Revert back means happened before. Celtic fans are concerned that now Rangers are dead (in power terms if not yet for real) that it could be raised again.

It is NOT an alien concept.

Even if you look at his comments, 5 or 6 would not go with it (at that time), voting any change currently will need an 11-1 majority (thats why the OF always voted together on everything). Nailed on they'll definitely change the voting system, if by some chance that dropped to a new simple majority rule, only a couple of those 5 or 6 would have to change their minds and it would be reality.

But you're right, it is impossible Mr knowall-knownowt, so Celtic folks worried about it are delusional :rolleyes:

Why I even try and reason with you is beyond me.

Saints can reveal that R.S.C. Anderlecht will replace Glasgow Rangers in this year's Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup.

Saints have today revealed that Belgian champions R.S.C Anderlecht will replace Glasgow Rangers in this year's Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup, due to the well-publicised circumstances surrounding the Scottish side.

The decision has not been made lightly and has been reached with the integrity ofthe competition in mind,ensuring that the annual event will remain an extremely competitive experience with both Arsenal and Anderlecht bringing along a firstteam squad.

St Mary's is set to be an extremely popular destination thissummer in the build up to the Club's first season back in the Premier League, and the opposition confirmed to takeon Nigel Adkins' men in pre-season friendlies during July and August will certainly whet the appetite.

Fresh from hosting Arsenal and Anderlechtin the Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup on 14th July, Saints will welcome three teams in Ajax,Wolves and Udinese that are sure to further test their credentials as a top-flight side.

exactly

they should employ you as their PR man, assuming anyone is daft enough to believe all of that or it will ever have any relevance.

If this happened in England to a PL club then I assume that they wouldn't just be able to jump into League 2 and would have to actually start right at the bottom as MK Dons did?

If this happened in England to a PL club then I assume that they wouldn't just be able to jump into League 2 and would have to actually start right at the bottom as MK Dons did?

No, MK Dons took Wimbledon FC's place in used to be divi 3.....AFC Wimbledon was formed by fans of WFC and they had to start at the bottom. Fuckin cheek, and the AFC fans must feel a massive sense of pride now theyre back in the football league. Their club in their town.

If a club gets liquidated thats it, over. Most come back starting at the bottom as you say, Accrington Stanley and Aldershot did, Third Lanark and Maidstone Utd didnt.

MK Dons took Wimbledons place in the league. AFC Wimbledon had to start in Combined Counties, but their pyramid doesn't have direct promotion to division 3 (they use re-election like we used to, I'm sure East Stirlingshire finished bottom of the league about 5 years in a row). If Rangers weren't allowed in Div 3 (which they will)I presume they'd have to elect Edinburgh City or another of the big Junior teams, hereby meaning that Rangers place will be taken up

No they didn't

Middlesbrough are the biggest English club to be liquidated.

exactly. And it doesn't seem to have had life threatening implications to their supporters, in fact they never even went away in spirit - I know that you will know what I mean Stevie.

In fact, they even won their first ever trophy since then. So much for disappearing and becoming a supermarket, as some would have you believe happens to clubs.