Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

Yup. It's also staggering they haven't made any player redundancies (apart from those that left of their own accord). I can't see how the administrators can claim they were acting in the creditor's interests.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. It's also staggering they haven't made any player redundancies (apart from those that left of their own accord). I can't see how the administrators can claim they were acting in the creditor's interests.

I suppose Duff and Phelps argument will be that there was no transfer window in which to be able to realise a return and the fact the players took a 75% cut in wages offset any "gains" from letting any go. I did read somewhere that they had a ridiculous number of professionals on the books. Bastards hoover up all and any young talent/prospects who probably would develop better with games at lower clubs, to the players and other clubs benefits. No wonder the national team is gash.

All those clubs know they're financially fucked without the Old Firm. Rangers (or "The Rangers") will be playing SPL football next season

is the correct answer. So much for Rangers "punishment"

Their own fans may grumble initially, but they'll soon forget about their anger and they'll move on.

correct again. Its the nature of football supporters, a few wins changes everything. It will soon be buried and forgotten by the vast majority. At the end of the day, if Rangers become a Morrisons supermarket, a few million football supporters all over Jockland will be looking for another team to "support" ie whoever gets nearest to challenging Celtic.

Their own fans may grumble initially, but they'll soon forget about their anger and they'll move on.

Update

From "up north"

"From the person that brought us the news that Rangers were tatties …

SPL dotting I’s and Crossing T’s to ensure it is watertight Mark Daly (BBC reporter who did the Panorama expose) has been interviewed by SPL to corroborate the evidence as more high profile figures to be implicated in a massive fraud scandal, Offshore bank accounts in different names (smith, sally) Traynor involved Sportsound team being interview at BBC to see if there were involved (dodds wont work for BBC again) As CVA didnt go through whyte still owns 85% of oldco BDO has consulted court of session on how to proceed with criminal charges.

Sir Walter walked away due to being now implicated in the tax fraud.

Dundee Utd, season ticket sales currently 1,700 compared to 4,300 end of June last year.

They're waiting for the vote.

Based on what seems to be comming out up there, just hope we don't get any backwash from messrs Souness,McKay and Boumsong.

The Rangers won't likely play any football next season, thereafter who knows. They have been charged by the SPL with a prima facia case to answer on the double contracts.

As per Alex Thomson (twitter):

https://twitter.com/#!/alextomo

Lawyer connected to fmr Rangers manager tells #c4news "there's a massive fraud in Rangers waiting to come out"

Souness's lawyer will ask him soonest why he got EBT 30k 10y after leaving fmr RFC? If Souness answers/refuses, you'll know either way.

If Rangers purchase of Bury goes ahead so they can play in League One, it's the biggest disgrace in English footballing history.

What's this?

They're trying to buy Bury so they can play in England next season, all over tomorrows papers.

so they will end up in a better league with better prospects for their sins than the holier-than-thou IRA supporters ? Haha, you couldn't make it up.

They're trying to buy Bury so they can play in England next season, all over tomorrows papers.

That's fucking shit if it happens. Worse than the Wimbledon/MK Dons debacle imo

I can't see the Football League allowing it.

What I can see is someone in the Sun's sportsdesk coming up with this off the top of their heads and running with it because it sounds half-plausible.

I can't see the Football League allowing it.

What I can see is someone in the Sun's sportsdesk coming up with this off the top of their heads and running with it because it sounds half-plausible.

This is obviously all over message boards up North, someone posted the relevant FA regulation about teams playing in England joining the EFL/FA.

It states along the lines that the team must play all its home games in England or have its HQ in England (that second bit could be a loophole).

Doubt it’ll happen though.

Newco – has no money, can’t get a bank account, can’t call itself Rangers (as per companies house until the Liquidator releases the trademark) some clever bugger has registered all the likely “other” permutations of Rangers alreadyand has no players.

On 26th of this month the players salaries are due, they still belong to Oldco, which also has no money (hence it is going into liquidation). Players could TUPE across to Newco, but then Newco as said, has no money, can’t issue ST requests etc etc. not to mention the fact that they could only meet their wage bill by not paying tax, NI or Vat in the first place. Players could choose just to walk.

They don’t know where they’ll be playing (even if staying up North), they still face:

SFA tribunal for non-payment of tax which found them guilty but had the “halfway house” penalty they imposed overturned in civil court (UEFA and FIFA thrilled!!!). Possible sanctions – banned from cup (already stated by tribunal as too slight a punishment) or expulsion/suspension.

SPL Vote – 8 clubs needed to say yes, even if they get a yes could be suspended by the tribunal. If no they have to apply to SFL to enter the third.

EBT tribunal into illegal payments (over entire history of SPL and before – although SPL can only investigate SPL transgressions obviously) Prima Facia case to answer was the SPL phrase. This covers ineligible players over years in all competitions, expect UEFA etc to be VERY interested in that one (especially given the going to court “own goal”). Sanctions unlimited, likely at least to be stripped of all honours involving ineligibles. Potentially opens the way for numerous damages claims from teams thwarted by “illegal” means.

Liquidators not yet fully in control, strong expectation they’ll freeze the asset sale from Oldco to Newco, on the premise How could the administrators formally value the clubs assets (not including playing staff) at over £100 Million and then sell them (in the best possible deal for the creditors, supposedly) for £5.5 Million.

Oh and previous owner (Craig Whyte) according to Thomson, still owns 85% of Oldco as the CVA was rejected, his father evidently holds a floating charge over Ibrox, Training Centre and car park, which are the main assets.

All of that has to be sorted in about 6 weeks for Rangers to play anywhere.

Edited by Toonpack

Surely the new company cannot be held responsible for anything that happened prior to liquidation. Only the old owners can.

There has been some some argument about that, but it is the "company" which is being liquidated. So the debts etc can't be pursued through the new company (unless of course HMRC's liquidators decide Newco is phoenix company - doubtfull that'll happen, although playing in blue at Ibrox and having the word Rangers in the name, you could make a case !!). However, Newco want to transfer the SPL share (that's what the vote is) from Oldco, along with the SFA membership (which constitutes the "club") the footballing penalties are attached to the football membership entity (club) and NOT the corporate entity, that seems to be the prevailing view. Also the SPL chairman has stated that if The Rangers want to transfer the share they must accept any penalties attached to said share.

Edited by Toonpack

That loophole "Clubs must play in England or have their HQ in England." I'm pretty sure that Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham don't have a HQ in England.

I don't think this is as ridiculous as it sounds. They may not get back in the SPL, they may play no football, the owners of Bury might say fuck it, we're rich if we accept it, more importantly is the money factor. Newcastle in my view are a bigger club than Rangers with a more loyal large fanbase, but we're definitely similar in that regard, do you think English football authorities would be entirely against another Newcastle United joining? I don't think so. Rangers would make £100m a year in England, it's a lot of money, and this could be the excuse everyone needed to open the door for them.

so when are Tesco going to buy the land ?

Struggle to see why that's relevant, but maybe soon, two property developers (both millionaire Celtic ST holders) have made an £11 Mill offer to the "new" owner to buy the "assetts".

Do you think what Rangers have done is acceptable and the situation they are in is "perfectly fine"??

That loophole "Clubs must play in England or have their HQ in England." I'm pretty sure that Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham don't have a HQ in England.

I don't think this is as ridiculous as it sounds. They may not get back in the SPL, they may play no football, the owners of Bury might say fuck it, we're rich if we accept it, more importantly is the money factor. Newcastle in my view are a bigger club than Rangers with a more loyal large fanbase, but we're definitely similar in that regard, do you think English football authorities would be entirely against another Newcastle United joining? I don't think so. Rangers would make £100m a year in England, it's a lot of money, and this could be the excuse everyone needed to open the door for them.

that is highly possible. Maybe the other bigots could get the same idea ie go into administration and end up better off.

That's what the rule said, but it's one of those things that's probably "from this day forward" type rules, anyone through the gate before that is OK. Dunno when it was stipulated.

You right on the rest like, football chairman - especially if the huns would start (as they would have to) low down, will be rubbing their hands.

Struggle to see why that's relevant, but maybe soon, two property developers (both millionaire Celtic ST holders) have made an £11 Mill offer to the "new" owner to buy the "assetts".

Do you think what Rangers have done is acceptable and the situation they are in is "perfectly fine"??

you have indicated how disastrous going into administration would be, I have always pointed out to you a fairly straightforward point, which is that football clubs - especially the big ones - just don't go out of existence as much as you would like to make out this is so for your own reasons which are as obvious as the nose on your face.

Rangers had the success at the time, to disregard it all now is stupid, they enjoyed it at the time and those times cannot be taken away. Its like saying that Geoff Hurst's goal in the 1966 final didn't cross the line so its too late to celebrate. Or like saying that Derby County weren't the victims of a bribed referee in the European Cup semi final when Clough was manager - its over and they lost, or bribery in Italian football has never happened, the clubs had the success and you can't take it back. Stupid.

My point is quite simply that whether they broke the rules or not, it doesn't matter what we "think". While others ought to be shown they will be punished, if you think it will make football whiter than white in the future and Rangers will consequently go out of existence, you are living in cloud cuckoo land, as usual.

Edited by LeazesMag