The summer window 2012

Park Life

A new CB is a must. Not sure who would be available though but I'd imagine we'll sign someone decent without so much of a sniff of rumour in the press beforehand.

Has to be a starter though as Williamson is costing us points on current form.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williamson will cost us points regardless of form. And although its harsh so will Saylor. Someone better is needed if we want to be serious about Europe on a consistant basis.

Papers saying that Sigurdsson is available for £6m.

We should definitely be looking at him for that price, brilliant player. One of the best set piece takers in the league without a doubt. Ticks all the transfer policies of the club too.

I think recent events now leave just Danny Simpson as the only first teamer not to have signed a new deal.

This and the good financial news and our involvement in the Champions league run in, should make us a very exciting prospect for players we are following.

The clubs stance on football transfer fees etc should also make clubs more inclined to not dick us around.

Be nice to get all incomings in early and really have a good pre season (not that last years takes much beating).

What a difference a year makes heading towards the summer with Barton tweeting warfare, Nolan with the dummy out, Enrique after a bigger club and a general feel of doom.

Happy days.

Barton didn't get Twitter until Ashley/Llambias had backed him into a corner last summer and I don't remember Kevin Nolan ever spitting any dummy out - he was a fantastic servant to the club.

Things are certainly looking more positive heading into the summer this season though.

Barton didn't get Twitter until Ashley/Llambias had backed him into a corner last summer and I don't remember Kevin Nolan ever spitting any dummy out - he was a fantastic servant to the club.

Things are certainly looking more positive heading into the summer this season though.

Barton got twitter long before the summer and both Nolan and Barton knocked back the deals offered to them in the January.

Centre back is first priority. Taylor is a handy player, but is too frequently injured and certainly has his weaknesses on the pitch. Ultimately someone with some pace and height would be the perfect combination with Colo.

Next priority would be to get a proper left back in, with Santon shifted to the right. Simpson's heart is in the right place, and he goes through patches where he plays well, but ultimately he lacks the defensive nous to inspire confidence. That would be stomachable if he was particularly good at getting forward, but alas sadly he is not.

Amazingly with just that little bit of business we'd have improved our side a hell of a lot. We have a bit of quality in depth in other areas with Guthrie and Marveaux to return.

All of the above of course is without any departures of key personnel - if any of thes were to go they could upset the balance of the side and could in some cases necessitate major changes. Those who I consider key personell are as follows (not in any particular order)

Krul, Colo, Steven Taylor, Santon, Jonas, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, Cisse, Ba.

This next batch would need to be replaced with like if they were moved on:

Simpson, Shola*, Ryan Taylor, Gosling, Williamson, Obertan, Sammy, Vuckic**

* - Won't be going anywhere.

** - Would hate to see him go, has something about him.

Anyone else could leave without having much impact on the team.

Edited by OTF

I think recent events now leave just Danny Simpson as the only first teamer not to have signed a new deal.

This and the good financial news and our involvement in the Champions league run in, should make us a very exciting prospect for players we are following.

The clubs stance on football transfer fees etc should also make clubs more inclined to not dick us around.

Be nice to get all incomings in early and really have a good pre season (not that last years takes much beating).

What a difference a year makes heading towards the summer with Barton tweeting warfare, Nolan with the dummy out, Enrique after a bigger club and a general feel of doom.

Happy days.

I don't think we are really in the ''Champions League run in'' but if we are - & we get beat on monday - that'll put an end to it.

Happy days.

I don't think we are really in the ''Champions League run in'' but if we are - & we get beat on monday - that'll put an end to it.

Yep, of course if we win............................

I fear a good old fashioned mullering personally.

Same, I would have a bit more faith if we had Taylor instead of Williamson & perhaps a stronger full back than Simpson.

Van Persie is going to rape us.

Same, I would have a bit more faith if we had Taylor instead of Williamson & perhaps a stronger full back than Simpson.

Van Persie is going to rape us.

I think the danger will come down the flanks

Watching the Bolton game, if they go down Mark Davis would be a great signing on the cheap

Holden is their best player iyam