champions league

Dr Gloom

Every team can think of points dropped here and there, completely pointless dwelling on it and thinking what could have been.

Aye, there's thing every team could have done different. But the season must have surpassed everyone's expectations and could still get better yet.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal will lose.

At home to City?

No chance.

Take from one who knows, they'll fluke it some way or another.

Before the QPR game that they (deservedly) lost, they had been on a 7 game winning run which included a ridiculously late winner against you, and a laughable disallowed goal for for Everton that gave them a 1-0 win. Not to mention them being played off the park by Liverpool and somehow robbing them (the irony) of a win.

Nah, Arsenal are the luckiest team in football, and will beat City via a deflected own goal from the shin of Tevez from the Arsenal penalty area.

The bitterness shinning through. :lol:

Let it go man. You're playing really good football this year.

Welcome to team negative.

:lol:

He's been increasingly desperate to try and denigrate our opinion as he has realised how wrong he has been. Things going better than even the most positive amongst us had dared to express is unsurprising given the weight of negativity that was dragging us down.

Just need to focus on each game as it comes. Worry about our own results and we end up where we end up. Europa is a fantastic result, Champions League would be out of this world.

One game at a time.

Are you a pro footballer?

Welcome to team negative.

He's been increasingly desperate to try and denigrate our opinion as he has realised how wrong he has been. Things going better than even the most positive amongst us had dared to express is unsurprising given the weight of negativity that was dragging us down.

I'm ower the moon with how wrong I've been. I've got a sense of humour about it too.

Nothing ever suprises you though does it? :lol:

deano looking like a soothsayer now like.

i'm not sure even he expected us to be chasing the top 4 though did he?

Deano

June 2011 - We'll finish 7th

You see I know you are presenting that as proof that he was wrong as its not 100% accurate. In this instance it's a bit of fun but he was more right than anyone else which is to be celebrated, not picked apart on technical details. Blind faith or visionary, we'll never know :(

deano looking like a soothsayer now like.

i'm not sure even he expected us to be chasing the top 4 though did he?

Deano

June 2011 - We'll finish 7th

You see I know you are presenting that as proof that he was wrong as its not 100% accurate. In this instance it's a bit of fun but he was more right than anyone else which is to be celebrated, not picked apart on technical details. Blind faith or visionary, we'll never know :(

I presented it because DG asked and I knew where to find out. Deano was among plenty of good company predicting 7th. I'm not as fussed about being right (or others being wrong) as you and Leazes are. If I was, I'd have taken the piss when it wad confirmed cisse cost £8m ;)

Just need to focus on each game as it comes. Worry about our own results and we end up where we end up. Europa is a fantastic result, Champions League would be out of this world.

One game at a time.

I agree with Ron Manager, here. ;)

We need no more injuries if we can help it and let the lads just keep plugging away in every game. You can lose or draw a game just as easy against a Bolton or Stoke as you can win one. Lets just back the players and see where we get. Win our games and Europe takes care of itself, and for once, the pressure might just get to other three London sides around us, certainly if we keep winning it will.

As for worrying about points lost, nobody was worrying about nicking three points away at Wolves or winning tight games against Everton and the Mackems at the Stade de Shite. The players seem to be just getting on with it, there's nowhere near the tension we've had in the past when we've been chasing a title or Europe.

I presented it because DG asked and I knew where to find out. Deano was among plenty of good company predicting 7th. I'm not as fussed about being right (or others being wrong) as you and Leazes are. If I was, I'd have taken the piss when it wad confirmed cisse cost £8m ;)

The final figure isn't important, it was the fact you deliberately used the value that suits the argument rather than looking at the issue fairlythatprompted me to argue about it. I personally don't care how much of the Carroll money we have spent so far, you wanted to use the figure of £7.5m to continue undermining the club's progress, something you have done all season.

Shows how desperate you are to be right though when what you want to focus on is the price of Cissé rather than how you've berated, bullied and undermined anyone who dared to get carried away with our progress at the beginning and middle of the season. Now that looks like you being a twat, it was all a big joke.

Not arsed about being right, just like to remind people of what they have been like on here for the last 2 years.

The final figure isn't important, it was the fact you deliberately used the value that suits the argument rather than looking at the issue fairlythatprompted me to argue about it. I personally don't care how much of the Carroll money we have spent so far, you wanted to use the figure of £7.5m to continue undermining the club's progress, something you have done all season.

Shows how desperate you are to be right though when what you want to focus on is the price of Cissé rather than how you've berated, bullied and undermined anyone who dared to get carried away with our progress at the beginning and middle of the season. Now that looks like you being a twat, it was all a big joke.

Not arsed about being right, just like to remind people of what they have been like on here for the last 2 years.

Who have I been bullying?

One game at a time.

I agree with Ron Manager, here. ;)

We need no more injuries if we can help it and let the lads just keep plugging away in every game. You can lose or draw a game just as easy against a Bolton or Stoke as you can win one. Lets just back the players and see where we get. Win our games and Europe takes care of itself, and for once, the pressure might just get to other three London sides around us, certainly if we keep winning it will.

As for worrying about points lost, nobody was worrying about nicking three points away at Wolves or winning tight games against Everton and the Mackems at the Stade de Shite. The players seem to be just getting on with it, there's nowhere near the tension we've had in the past when we've been chasing a title or Europe.

the fact that no one deep down really expects us to finish top 4 should play into the players' hands. there's no big pressure on the becaus we've already overachieved. loads more pressure on the london clubs because they're all expected to finish top 4.

the chelsea game could be massive!

That's not fair comment on Nicos's TT persona Adam. I've always found him to be fair and up for banter as you are. It's the nature of football chat that people vacilate in their opinions from month to month. I hated it when we were playing too much long ball and NOT STARTING HATEM and that was the core of my whinning, but that was imo interspersed with postive comments if the team played well and I know you questioned my 7th prediction and I had to go and find it on NO. Think you're over analysing peoples postions to your detriment in this instance. We've all been pretty surprised over the last couple of monts of the acual psychological strength of the set up of the club and the standout performances and there has beena sea change in attitudes toward Pards. You have to accept that as normal behaviour and not something machiavelli. :)

O'Neill's Villa did it.

They were progressing nicely in the UEFA Cup, only for him to send out a reserve team to concentrate on the league so his side could qualify for the UEFA Cup.

Barmy.

They were in the CL spots at the time and that's why he wanted out of the UEFA Cup. When you look at the money involved in the CL it's hard to argue with his choice.

We're they?

Ok, well my memory is shite then, but even so, go for a trophy rather than aiming to be involved in one you have bugger all chance of winning.

Poxy money.

Couldn't agree more. Most of the villa fans I know were furious when they fielded a weakened team in Moscow

This place man...its more like a self help group for ego mainiacs than a football forum

I've been joyfully and deliriously incorrect about nearly everything this season and I'm fuckin loving it :)

This summer will tell us a lot about the long term, but am enjoying just living in the moment.

The Europa League is still a waste of time for us but the Champions League is a vastly different barrell of financial monkeys. We'll see though. Long way to go yet though etc etc...<insert favourite bland football tv cliche here>

On a personal note, my assessment is that the 'lucky' start to the season was unfairly denigrated by some on here whereas the caution expressed re: the squad strength (to go the distance over the season) was a more legitimate expression of how our expectations were firmly anchored/downplayed. Wrongly as it turned out (aided by January), but more legitimate all the same. I think the 'easy start' brigade had a bit of an axe to grind. I mean it was a relatively favourable run of fixtures, but the point was we capitalized on them whereas anyone whos followed this club for any appreciable length of time would know that in the past we'd have taken every opportunity as a club possible to fuck that sort of opportunity up, due to abject lack of professionalism.