champions league

Dr Gloom

Absolutely brilliant just to be in with a shout of something tangible at this stage of the season. Ridiculously impressive and frankly incredible job by all concerned at the club.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deano would believe.

Tell you what like, as things stand are we not in line to surpass all of his (seemingly at the time) crazy predictions. The kid was a visionary.

If we finish 4th I'll get an nufc themed tattoo, which I will then regret when we sell our best players and finish 14th the season after

Arsenal will lose.

At home to City?

No chance.

Take from one who knows, they'll fluke it some way or another.

Before the QPR game that they (deservedly) lost, they had been on a 7 game winning run which included a ridiculously late winner against you, and a laughable disallowed goal for for Everton that gave them a 1-0 win. Not to mention them being played off the park by Liverpool and somehow robbing them (the irony) of a win.

Nah, Arsenal are the luckiest team in football, and will beat City via a deflected own goal from the shin of Tevez from the Arsenal penalty area.

who'd have thought we'd be challenging for a champions league place at this stage of the season? not me, i can tell you!

but we're up there on merit and we're hitting our second patch of form at just the right time. if we can keep this run going like we did at the start of the campaign, we'll be right up there in the mix.

the question is, is there enough quality and depth in the squad to nick a 4th place finish and secure a place in europe's top table next year?

i'd be more than happy with 6th but the longer this run goes on, the greedier i'm getting.

dare we dream?

Of course we dare dream. If we can lose a 12 point lead we can overcome 5 points. Tough but doable.... Howay the lads.

Absolutely brilliant just to be in with a shout of something tangible at this stage of the season. Ridiculously impressive and frankly incredible job by all concerned at the club.

even if we lose all our games left, it'll still have been a remarkable season

Deano would believe.

Tell you what like, as things stand are we not in line to surpass all of his (seemingly at the time) crazy predictions. The kid was a visionary.

Pretty sure he said we could get top 6. It says something when the team itself has had a better season than Team Positive.

Deano would believe.

Pretty sure he said we could get top 6. It says something when the team itself has had a better season than Team Positive.

He should of had £50 on that.......

Deano would believe.

you can be a visionary and still be a bellend

We should get at least 7 points from the next 3 matches. Who knows what will happen with the other teams, 4th place could be ours when we head into the last 3 games. Those are 3 very tough games though. Chelsea away and Manchester City are games we would feel lucky to get anything from. Who knows though. At that point, its only a bounce in the right direction that could send us into the champs league. Ill be watching the matches going forward always hoping Arsenals, Tottenham and Chelsea will blunder. Im loving having a season where we dont have the boredom of finishing 9th or 15th toward the end. Tell you what though, on current form, we can fucking do it.

Deano would believe.

you can be a visionary and still be a bellend

Thanks.

who'd have thought we'd be challenging for a champions league place at this stage of the season? not me, i can tell you!

but we're up there on merit and we're hitting our second patch of form at just the right time. if we can keep this run going like we did at the start of the campaign, we'll be right up there in the mix.

the question is, is there enough quality and depth in the squad to nick a 4th place finish and secure a place in europe's top table next year?

i'd be more than happy with 6th but the longer this run goes on, the greedier i'm getting.

dare we dream?

Of course we dare dream. If we can lose a 12 point lead we can overcome 5 points. Tough but doable.... Howay the lads.

What? :huh:

Deano would believe.

Welcome to team negative.

Guest CabayeAye

Think of the points we've threw away.

This. If Pardew had dropped the hoofball and relegated Overtan to the bin when everyone was else was screaming for it, we wouldn't have had the horror stories we had before we started our little winning streak. The games where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory like the Wolves and Fulham games particularly stick in my craw. That's 5 easy points that would have proppelled us into 3rd...

Just need to focus on each game as it comes. Worry about our own results and we end up where we end up. Europa is a fantastic result, Champions League would be out of this world.

One game at a time.