Favourite experience meeting a footballer

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Robson said hello to me at an nufc reserves match at Elland Road. He also passed my ball back onto the astro turf at cls when nufc used to train there. I'm glad he's getting a statue. He gave me the time of day, unlike a certain Dutch cunt!

Was at Steve Watsons wedding in 1997, met Clarkie, Beardsley , Howey , Sellars, Shearer, Lee, Hislop, Peacock.

Helped Shearer steady Rob Lee at the bar , as Lee had scored for England the day before, and Shearer was getting him mullered, successfully too. Both were sound, as were all the players present.

Shaka was a fuckkng hoot, playing the comedy West Indian role , shouting for his " Wooman!" to bring him rice and peas and beer.

Also worked in a deli/cafe in Jesmond where Beardsley and Albert were regulars. Albert was fucking massive.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Bobby Robson said hello to me at an nufc reserves match at Elland Road. He also passed my ball back onto the astro turf at cls when nufc used to train there. I'm glad he's getting a statue. He gave me the time of day, unlike a certain Dutch cunt!

when did you meet tim krul?

My mam's favourite Reading player was Sonko in his pomp.

One time before a match in the first premiership season I waited at the player's entrance for him to come along. He was kind enough to sign a birthday card for her and stuck around for a quick chat about how the season was going.

Very intense bloke though, and towered over everyone nearby!

Was at Steve Watsons wedding in 1997, met Clarkie, Beardsley , Howey , Sellars, Shearer, Lee, Hislop, Peacock.

Helped Shearer steady Rob Lee at the bar , as Lee had scored for England the day before, and Shearer was getting him mullered, successfully too. Both were sound, as were all the players present.

Shaka was a fuckkng hoot, playing the comedy West Indian role , shouting for his " Wooman!" to bring him rice and peas and beer.

Also worked in a deli/cafe in Jesmond where Beardsley and Albert were regulars. Albert was fucking massive.

Were you a Waiter?

You meeting MVB is probably on all of our top meeting a footballer experiences lists tbf!

What is it with 'keepers and hair ruffling?

Was on a flight from Newcastle to London when I was about 13 and Pav and his missus gets on the plane and sits in the 2 in front of me and my Dad. Obviously I'm ridiculously excited, but wait until we're about 20 minutes into the flight then, cajoled by my dad, stand up and ask for his autograph. Trouble is, I've not got a pen and I've got nothing to write on. So Pav gets a pen of his lass and my Dad hands me the only thing to hand; a sick bag.

Pav signs the sick bag with a massive grin on his face, thanks me for the support and, as I thank him and reach to shake his hand, he instead holds hands with his missus meaning my intended handshake cannot happen. My hand moves with a mind of it's own from hand shake, to hair ruffle. I sit back down, mortified; why the FUCK had I just ruffled Pavel Srnicek's hair?!. I'm so embarrassed I refuse to get off the flight until Srnicek leaves.

One of the best and worst moments of my life :lol:

Tale of jealousy , this. Pav's luxuriant thatch vs the young Fish's already diminishing barnet.

;)

Met quite a few, some well known, some not so well known and only count the ones I've actually held a conversation with.

Spoke with Bobby Charlton and Warren Bradley in Los Angeles after an England v USA friendly match.

Was introduced to Peter Beardsly outside the Los Angeles Colleseum after an England v Mexico friendly match. Lad who introduced me had played with Pedro in his schoolboy days.

Met Stanley Mathews a couple of times at tournaments organized in his name. Even played with him when he guested on my team for about 20 minutes. He was in his 70's, mind you I was into my 50's.

Met Jackie Charlton twice, once at St. James' Park when he was a spectator and he signed my program. Second time was in 2010 at the North Shields fish quay, we were both there to eat fish n' chips.

Met and had a conversation with Bobby Robson at St. James' Park. It was on a Wednesday afternoon and there was a game that night, sadly he was fired the following Monday.

Became friendly with Mick Mahoney when he was playing for the California Surf and the Los Angeles Lasers. Even spent a weekend camping in the mountains with him and his wife and daughter and some other friends.

Sat next to Bob McNab at a wedding reception, Bob did the double with Arsenal and played for England.

There are others who I consider friends like Peter Wall Liverpool & Crystal Palace, Paul Cahill Portsmouth, Gerry Ingram Blackpool, Preston, Bradford, Jimmy Hinch York, Tranmere Plymouth, Sheffield.

Never met Vinnie Jones but had a long phone conversation when he was in Los Angeles and I was trying to get him to turn out for an over-35 English team I was organizing to play a like Scottish team. I thought he might of showed up as Rod Stewart was turning out for the Scots, this was in 2000-2001.

was it someone on here who met Charlton once during a dinner for him to just say "ah fuckn hate sunderland" at random during a conversation?

Met Ray Houghton and Kenny Cunningham after an Ireland match late last year. Got Kenny to take a photo of me, my mate and Ray. Cunningham found the funny side.

McAteer was over the other side of the bar trying to get stuck into a cracker of a bird. I went over and did the same thing(I was shitfaced) and asked him to take a photo of me and my mate. The thick cunt couldn't work my camera phone and took a picture of the ceiling.

Ray Kennedy used to eat in my restaurant when I was cheffing. Loved having a crack on, and seemed genuinely pleased whenever he was recognised. Can't believe I forgot about him.

He's the step dad of one of my sisters best mates, they genuinely didn't believe my dad when he told them he was better than half the players they 'fancy' :lol:.

I've never met him, my dad used to love going round to pick my sister up as he said he was always a good laugh but that was a few year ago now.

He earned that disabled badge!

:lol: Aye that he did, taking liberties with a Ferrari which he drove into the swing bridge shortly after.

Edited by Howay