Blackburn £40.3m

Wolves £39.1m

Up from £48.5m in 2011

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind me again why the name of the ground now includes the owner's company name?......

it's not to promote the company, and keep the cash, is it though ? Shock, horror.

it's not to promote the company, and keep the cash, is it though ? Shock, horror.

I was told by a mate on the way to Everton at the weekend that if you've put 200 million of your own cash into something you're entitled to call it what you like....which is fair enough in a way, but thats not the way Dekka sold it to the supporters.Why couldnt they actually come out and say so? As we can see, revenue streams are growing in other areas, and without trying to be smart or anything this is undoubtedly good news. So why we've got a shitty add on to the grounds name is a mystery to me....maximising revenue streams anyone?...

Positive. Being decent to watch has helped this figure rise, as we've been a more popular choice for live coverage. I think it's something like £570k per live game, which is a canny wedge.

As for the wage bill, who knows? There are probably going to be some quite substantial bonuses from finishing 5th, which will push the wage bill up. I think we can say that, other than with Xisco and Alan Smith, we've obtained a return from the bulk of the wage spend.

I was told by a mate on the way to Everton at the weekend that if you've put 200 million of your own cash into something you're entitled to call it what you like....which is fair enough in a way, but thats not the way Dekka sold it to the supporters.Why couldnt they actually come out and say so? As we can see, revenue streams are growing in other areas, and without trying to be smart or anything this is undoubtedly good news. So why we've got a shitty add on to the grounds name is a mystery to me....maximising revenue streams anyone?...

We will see what happens now, if the club wants to grow, which is what people are saying.

He could always charge us interest on his loans (that'd be about £6/7 Mill a year). Quid pro quo imo.

Don't know why he doesn't get SD to pay the club and also in turn charge interest on the loans, that'd be the way to use SD corporate cash (not his personal cash) to make him some real personal cash. (if making more personal cash is/was his aim).

Goes along with the article where Llambias was interviewed that says the club will be looking at making a £10 million profit for this season.

Should pay for a new right back at least.

TP, it confuses me too, especially as it is presumably tax efficient to make legitimate transfer from a tax paying profitable business to a (until recently) loss making business.

Maybe because he only wants to run the club at break even and if he needs money from SD then just lend it through the holding company and secondly because of the under performance of SD stock requiring him to focus as much profitability down that route. Don't know.

Edited by ChezGiven

TP, it confuses me too, especially as it is presumably tax efficient to make legitimate transfer from a tax paying profitable business to a (until recently) loss making business.

Maybe because he only wants to run the club at break even and if he needs money from SD then just lend it through the holding company and secondly because of the under performance of SD stock requiring him to focus as much profitability down that route. Don't know.

He's not used SD money at all yet though, all been from his own, not inconsiderable, personal stash. It is weird tbh, he could use SD marketing budget quite legitimately, strange he doesn't, as in real terms it's costing him personally and not the corporate entity

He could always charge us interest on his loans (that'd be about £6/7 Mill a year). Quid pro quo imo.

Don't know why he doesn't get SD to pay the club and also in turn charge interest on the loans, that'd be the way to use SD corporate cash (not his personal cash) to make him some real personal cash. (if making more personal cash is/was his aim).

I would imagine there are tax implications to all of that that makes the current setup more attractive. Either way though, whilst no interest is bring charged on the loans, I agree that the advertising as distasteful as it looks, is fair game.

Positive. Being decent to watch has helped this figure rise, as we've been a more popular choice for live coverage. I think it's something like £570k per live game, which is a canny wedge.

We've always been a popular choice for TV games.

Goes along with the article where Llambias was interviewed that says the club will be looking at making a £10 million profit for this season.

Should pay for a new right back at least.

Thats the other thing I was told, and its been said on here a lot too. Beats me what other options he had at the arse end of 2007 when the financial crisis first hit and credit streams were drying up and he was staring into a finanacial black hole of the previous owners making. Not really criticising him for being generous but what else could he do?

If we're all on board Mike's happy bus I've ben thinking what would be the outcome of going the whole hog.....done a lot of thinking lately, really looked at things from a different angle and something someone (Gemmil?) said in a thread the other day really made me stop in my tracks....if we sold enough of our player's this summer to bring in 60 million quid what would that do for the club in the medium term?...as Gemmil (?) said, thats 2 years champions league money, which is a different way of looking at things for me completely.

Would anyone agree with doing that this summer?...it would effect us hugely next season, but if we were patient, and replacements were as well recruited (i.e. value for money) and as good and settled in as quickly as our signings this season, would we steal a financial march on the clubs around us?....would it be, in the long term, beneficial for the club>? It would be a huge gamble, but as we know, Mike does like a punt...

I would imagine there are tax implications to all of that that makes the current setup more attractive. Either way though, whilst no interest is bring charged on the loans, I agree that the advertising as distasteful as it looks, is fair game.

hmm

Payments by SD via marketting budget = business expense for SD and tax deductable

Said payments to NUFC = income = taxable

Interest payments by NUFC = business expense and tax deductable for NUFC

Interest to MA = income and I guess taxable I would guess, wonder what would happen if he just passed the interest payment to reduce the capital sum, that get out of the taxation thing ????

Even if he was taxed on the interest, he'd still be "quids in" using SD cash even if he only got half of what the interest payment was.(plus SD and NUFC would get the tax relief)

hmm

Payments by SD via marketting budget = business expense for SD and tax deductable

Said payments to NUFC = income = taxable

Interest payments by NUFC = business expense and tax deductable for NUFC

Interest to MA = income and I guess taxable I would guess, wonder what would happen if he just passed the interest payment to reduce the capital sum, that get out of the taxation thing ????

Even if he was taxed on the interest, he'd still be "quids in" using SD cash even if he only got half of what the interest payment was.(plus SD and NUFC would get the tax relief)

Tax is a fucking ballache, and I don't remember any of the stuff I learned when I qualified, but i'm sure that whatever he's doing has been pored over by his finance men and is tax optimal.

He would definitely be taxed on any interest he paid himself though.

Thats the other thing I was told, and its been said on here a lot too. Beats me what other options he had at the arse end of 2007 when the financial crisis first hit and credit streams were drying up and he was staring into a finanacial black hole of the previous owners making. Not really criticising him for being generous but what else could he do?

If we're all on board Mike's happy bus I've ben thinking what would be the outcome of going the whole hog.....done a lot of thinking lately, really looked at things from a different angle and something someone (Gemmil?) said in a thread the other day really made me stop in my tracks.... if we sold enough of our player's this summer to bring in 60 million quid what would that do for the club in the medium term?...[/b] as Gemmil (?) said, thats 2 years champions league money , which is a different way of looking at things for me completely.

Would anyone agree with doing that this summer?...it would effect us hugely next season, but if we were patient, and replacements were as well recruited (i.e. value for money) and as good and settled in as quickly as our signings this season, would we steal a financial march on the clubs around us?....would it be, in the long term, beneficial for the club>? It would be a huge gamble, but as we know, Mike does like a punt...

ahem ...........

Edited by LeazesMag

If we're all on board Mike's happy bus I've ben thinking what would be the outcome of going the whole hog.....done a lot of thinking lately, really looked at things from a different angle and something someone (Gemmil?) said in a thread the other day really made me stop in my tracks....if we sold enough of our player's this summer to bring in 60 million quid what would that do for the club in the medium term?...as Gemmil (?) said, thats 2 years champions league money, which is a different way of looking at things for me completely.

Personally I believe we have already stolen a financial march on the other clubs (outside the mega rich) in that we have gone through our slash and burn phase of “extreme prudence”.

If you look at this (and our latest figures would be even better):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9255617/Revealed-the-financial-health-of-the-Premier-League-laid-bare.html

We are in a much better state than most and the majority of the league just cannot keep going the way they are, they have to have their slash and burn, and the ownerships (Lerner/Short/Fenway for example) are making those “cut back/balance the books” noises already, not to mention the needs of FFP.

Will we sell someone?, only if there is a buyer and they can offer absolute top dollar. We don’t need to sell but we will if the price is right (notwithstanding the effect of Agents and players twisting).

Tell me an example of another club signing so many cheapies (and in modern football anything under £10m is a cheapie) and them jelling together so quickly. By hook or by crook we've done it, against all odds. If he say sold Tiote, Cabaye and Cisse that's easily £60m brought in, but people are living in cloud cuckoo land if they think we could do it again. Liverpool spent £120m on shite. We clearly are more prudent, but we are where we are by luck. Nothing else. When he lowered the asking price to £80m and no one would buy it, he was clear then he was prepared to take a £100m + hit on his investment. Then once he realised no one wanted to buy it, he decided he'd say "it's not for sale".

Taking the spine of our team about would potentially claw a lot of his initial investment back, and we'd still have enough to survive in mid table, but it would take us back to 2006 in terms of the potential on the playing side, would be an unmitigated disaster, but if he wants to sell the club, that's what he'll do sell 3 or 4 of our better players, and the club is far far more sellable than it was 3 years ago, he'd get £150m+ for it in my view easily, while potentially taking some of the transfer funds for himself, as he's entitled to do as it's his business. To be honest, I'd take all of that player sales, a few years of mid table, for a decent bloke or decent honourable people to buy and own the club. It's amazing how short peoples memories are after a bit of success. Him and Derek they're scum, they've been prepared to LIE for their own gain to hundreds of thousands of Newcastle fans consistently "they've learned from their mistakes", maybe but you've their morals, and I'm sure they'll show their ugly head again while they're here.