Your thoughts on love and marriage

trophyshy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Previously married, won't be doing it again.

Married at 24, was the right age for me at the time and I often wish I'd done it a few years earlier.

No, because you ask if you're

1. happily married

2. happily unmarried i.e.

single

no partner/girlfriend

Aren't they the same thing? Isn't single the state of not having a partner or or girlfriend? Can you be single WITH a partner or a girlfriend? can you have have neither and consider yourself non-single?

so who on here is

1. Happily married

2. Happily not married ie

a. Single

b. No girlfriend/partner etc

c. with a girlfriend/boyfriend/partner etc

3. Divorced

4. Happily re-married

Much macho type comments abound, so tell the truth people.

50 Cent.

No, because you ask if you're

1. happily married

2. happily unmarried i.e.

single

no partner/girlfriend

Aren't they the same thing? Isn't single the state of not having a partner or or girlfriend? Can you be single WITH a partner or a girlfriend? can you have have neither and consider yourself non-single?

sorry like, but "single" means never married, whether you have a girlfriend or not.

I realise that these days, saying you are "single" means you are "not in a relationship", but to me and my generation, being in a relationship with someone and not being married means you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/partner [delete as appropriate]. This is classed as "single" because you are in fact, single and not married.

If you have not married and have not been married, then you are single.

If you have never married, then you either have a girlfriend or not, but either way you are single.

I realise you may know this and are just being daft like, or perhaps not. Just a play on words maybe, but there you go.

Edited by LeazesMag

Married 14 years this September.

As I'm sure my fellow Time Served sufferers will agree, the secret to any successful long term relationship is Give and Take.

AnalLube.png

Oh, and Lube. Plenty of Lube.

sorry like, but "single" means never married, whether you have a girlfriend or not.

I realise that these days, saying you are "single" means you are "not in a relationship", but to me and my generation, being in a relationship with someone and not being married means you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/partner [delete as appropriate]. This is classed as "single" because you are in fact, single and not married.

If you have not married and have not been married, then you are single.

If you have never married, then you either have a girlfriend or not, but either way you are single.

I realise you may know this and are just being daft like, or perhaps not. Just a play on words maybe, but there you go.

So I'm single then? Cool.

Not married but live with my other half, marriage doesn't appeal to me at all and I think it's a bigger commitment agreeing to have children together.

Growing up I always thought my parents got married 2 years before my sister was born (she's 7 years older than I am) for some reason but I only found out last year they got married when I was 4 which was a strange one, my dad said back then people frowned upon them living together and having kids without getting wed.