Weird Stuff We Say

Christmas Tree

Yeah, we were dead golly gosh in our upstairs South Shields council flat.

I've heard it hundreds of times too, I've just never had my mam use it in reply to me.

Yet you find it 'more than a bit weird' to hear a saying you admit to hearing hundreds of times before? She didn't genuinely mean she kept things in her anal cavity you realise?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet you find it 'more than a bit weird' to hear a saying you admit to hearing hundreds of times before? She didn't genuinely mean she kept things in her anal cavity you realise?

I've heard it hundreds of time between friends and peers, can't say I've ever heard a mother say it to her child.

As for the second part of your post - no need to patronise.

No need to accuse me mother of being a bit wonky tbh

Where did I do that like? I said "To each their own." I personally find it weird. Just like I find it weird when I hear parents swearing in front of their kids. Maybe I'm a prude - who knows, but I've not accused your mother of anything.

My Gfriends parents are from Derbyshire and they call everyone Duck :lol:

"Alright Duck, no worries duck, see you tomorrow duck" :lol:

Lived in Nottingham for a few years and it was common there too "me duck"

I initially thought it translated as "pet" but (kinda strangely) found it was more like "mate"

Insinuate may have been a better choice of word. I have never heard my folks say fuck or cunt fwiw

That's because they waited til you were asleep before calling you " that sanctimonious little f**kkng c**t !"

;)

My gran died a few years ago. Cos she was a Serb we had this ceremony at her graveside 6 months on as is tradition. Anyway, I was driving to it with my mum and this bint in a micra or something is tailgating me despite the road being a 30. As is my habit I started swearing a bit at this, and my mum objected:

"stop it, STOP IT! Calm down. And, on a religiously significant day like this, I'd like you to not swear like that"

I realised she was right, felt gulilty and was drawing in breath to apologise as the bint dangerously overtook me and screams off into the distance, to which my mum said

"SILLY CUNT -ohmygod!"

I have never heard my folks say fuck or cunt fwiw

Same here (if we're talking recent history) .

Having said that, I remember hearing my folks seductively throwing those words about in the adjoining bedroom late at night as a youth .

My mam has never sworn in front of me and my Dad will only do it when we're at the match or he's had a few. Don't think it's prissy to not swear in front of your kids. I definitely won't be swearing in front of mine.

Maybe this was just in my house, but as a kid, if I ever asked my mam where something was, a toy I couldn't find for example, her reply was usually 'up me arse!'

:lol:

I don't mind that...but I do think of your mam as Father Jack now.

I remember as a kid we all had funny sayings what we picked up from adults and didn't even question whether they made any sense.

I remember my mother would say, " David, (which is my real name), put the dogs meat out", now that sounds fine doesn't it?, yet what does it mean?, does it mean, put the dogs meat out the back, out in the road or what?

My Father would come home home from work and my Mother would say, "did you have a tiring day?" and my Father would say, "goolies in the strides love", which meant , 'I've had a right chewy day'...

I remember getting caught having a wank by my brother and he would shout, " oi, nob choker, pull the hood back over and zip up, you little stinker" :blush2:

I remember my sister would come in with a new poster of her favourite band at the time, (bay city frigging bastard rollers) and would sing this song....

ERIC LES, ALAN TOO, WOODY GET YOUR CORDY OUT WITH AN.. ARE....HO....DOUBLE HELL HE ARE HESS, I'D NOSH THE LOT OF THE BAY CITY ROLLERS OFF...

Which was stupid because it didn't even rhyme and showed her up for the little nob hungry greedy nosher she turned out to be :ermm:

Edited by wolfy