Sunderland AFC - how do you feel about them?

McFaul

Sunderland AFC your thoughts on them  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fans are detestable, (especially if you spend any time on Twitter) living in a bubble all their own with obsessive, small time attitudes. Come up with buzz-words amongst their fanbase in an attempt to win imaginary battles over us ("classy club", "mags obsessed" etc) because they haven't beaten us consistently on a football pitch since time began. Jealous of the city and no doubt the players that we have in the squad atm and the performances we put in and the teams we beat. All of this festers up into dangerous delusions and sheer hatred (and that's what it is from them) of NUFC, Newcastle and the people therein.

I think their attitude to us is all at once funny, depressing and worrying and basically that their fans, en masse, are a pack of twats. The way the club is carrying itself at the moment has done nothing but evolve those attitudes as well because O'Neill is a bitter, childish twat of a man and the less said about their club captain the better. It's a detestable club followed by detestable people.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do makems hate geordies because deep down they would prefer to be geordies. Think about it and you can start to realise why there is so much hatred from them.Maybe we should give them a bit slack.

I don't know if it's that. Their reality is different from geordies. It's like asking North Koreans if they'd prefer to be South Korean's, the people in the North know no different so they probably wouldn't and it's the same with mackems.

But the makems do know what it's like in the land of milk and honey. Of course if makems crossed over the divide,training in the basics would be necessary,such as using toilet paper and using taps,as against standpipes,but given time,they could adapt.Big changes in their lifestyle i know. Losing their awful accent can be done,you just have to listen to Michael `drink-driver' Gray on talkshite.

But the makems do know what it's like in the land of milk and honey. Of course if makems crossed over the divide,training in the basics would be necessary,such as using toilet paper and using taps,as against standpipes,but given time,they could adapt.Big changes in their lifestyle i know. Losing their awful accent can be done,you just have to listen to Michael `drink-driver' Gray on talkshite.

Aye Kate Adie too, you would never dream that she's a mackem, but she managed to escape when she was about 17.

I never ever go get in the mackems have got beat. Like ever, I think I probably would have when Gillingham beat them but I was too young to appreciate it, but if the mackems are on telly, I'm not shouting at the screen for them to lose. I think so fuck either way, in contrast to people like RhysSAFC about us, although technically from Consett he's not a full blown mackem.

I hate the club but really don't think about them much other than at derby times.

I enjoy seeing them get beat and looks on their pathetic faces but unless it benifits us in our league position I don't really care. I care about our results not theirs. They seem to care first about what happens to us.

If they won something i'd be pissed off but I'd soon get over it (not that I'm concerned that will ever happen).

I do agree that they can be massively obsessed with us (and I worked in and around that shithole for about fifteen years) but of course you don't so much see it when we're doing better than them (which has been the case for most of my life) as they all crawl back into their shells. Most of them aren't the brightest (most of the more intellegent people I've met from there only seem to have a passing interest in football at best) and are very easily put back in their place when they pipe up. But to be fair, most people from Sunderland are fine as long as they aren't talking about football. It's football and their feelings towards us that seems to cloud the rational part of their minds.

The town is a fucking dump by the way. I've been across to the bridges many times on my lunch and it's filled with some right fucking tramps. People walking about in pyjamas and slippers with holes in them in the middle of the day. And it's not just the odd one either.

Their high street is full of second hand shops or other shitty little non entities and most of the town centre bars are like Mos Eisley.

Again there are some nicer areas and there are a couple of decent restaurants but they are the exceptions rather than the rule.

My ex's brother lived in a decent enough area near the hospital and he point blank refused to ever set foot in the town centre!

Edited by David Kelly

I hate the club but really don't think about them much other than at derby times.

I enjoy seeing them get beat and looks on their pathetic faces but unless it benifits us in our league position I don't really care. I care about our results not theirs. They seem to care first about what happens to us.

If they won something i'd be pissed off but I'd soon get over it (not that I'm concerned that will ever happen).

I do agree that they can be massively obsessed with us (and I worked in and around that shithole for about fifteen years) but of course you don't so much see it when we're doing better than them (which has been the case for most of my life) as they all crawl back into their shells. Most of them aren't the brightest (most of the more intellegent people I've met from there only seem to have a passing interest in football at best) and are very easily put back in their place when they pipe up. But to be fair, most people from Sunderland are fine as long as they aren't talking about football. It's football and their feelings towards us that seems to cloud the rational part of their minds.

The town is a fucking dump by the way. I've been across to the bridges many times on my lunch and it's filled with some right fucking tramps. People walking about in pyjamas and slippers with holes in them in the middle of the day. And it's not just the odd one either.

Their high street is full of second hand shops or other shitty little non entities and most of the town centre bars are like Mos Eisley.

Again there are some nicer areas and there are a couple of decent restaurants but they are the exceptions rather than the rule.

My ex's brother lived in a decent enough area near the hospital and he point blank refused to ever set foot in the town centre!

I know just about every part of Sunderland, and that area round Chester Road you mention, it isn't completely shit but it's no better than the worst place in Fenham. You have to go 3 or 4 mile outside the town centre to get anything like vaguely pleasant in Whitburn and East Herrington. They're victims of their environment, in fact they're victims that Newcastle got royal coal shipping rights, because our regional dominance has effect them ever since, must be 500 years now. Edited by McFaul

I know just about every part of Sunderland, and that area round Chester Road you mention, it isn't completely shit but it's no better than the worst place in Fenham. You have to go 3 or 4 mile outside the town centre to get anything like vaguely pleasant in Whitburn and East Herrington. They're victims of their environment, in fact they're victims that Newcastle got royal coal shipping rights, because our regional dominance has effect them ever since, must be 500 years now.

Nah, the area around Barnes park is quite nice to be fair. Not saying its' owt special like but there's plenty of worse places in Newcastle and North Tyneside that. My mams family is from Walker and my other gran used to live in Cruddace Park when I was a bairn. Neither of which are places you want walk about with your kids!

Couldnt give a fuck about them until we play them....it does matter, the best moment of last season was beating them at their place, very closely folowed by Shola's equaliser.

Mackems Ive met are ok until football rears its head and then its game over. Learned not to mention it in the end.

Nah, the area around Barnes park is quite nice to be fair. Not saying its' owt special like but there's plenty of worse places in Newcastle and North Tyneside that. My mams family is from Walker and my other gran used to live in Cruddace Park when I was a bairn. Neither of which are places you want walk about with your kids!

My parents are both from Walker and I like it whenever I visit family, spent large parts of childhood there. No problems in Byker or Walker, best people you will ever find in my experience. The older ones especially. The area around the Barnes pub itself is bland, it is better than Cruddas Park, but likes saying someone is better than Tyson Nunez.

Edited by McFaul

The people in Walker were always good to my gran and I never had any issues there when I was a kid. But I can tell you from experience that bars like the Scrogg and The Westbourne club are filled with anything but 'the best people you will ever find'.

Unless you're looking for canny coke or someone to murder your ex ;)

All in all I'd still rather live there than anywhere in Sunderland like!

Thing I think some of the best places in Sunderland are like the average places in Newcastle. Both have their shit tips mind (Benwell etc ~ where I was born!) But they have much more by far. I work near Southwick and that place is just appalling, full of the people you mention with PJs on etc.

Probably half my mates are mackems and have been since the infants. None of them have ever actually expressed a desire to move to sunderland, mind.

There's nowt better than beating them, so as long as we are always one step ahead then I'm not bothered where they finish. Higher the better in fact, keeps them dangling.

The people in Walker were always good to my gran and I never had any issues there when I was a kid. But I can tell you from experience that bars like the Scrogg and The Westbourne club are filled with anything but 'the best people you will ever find'.

Unless you're looking for canny coke or someone to murder your ex ;)

All in all I'd still rather live there than anywhere in Sunderland like!

Hehe all true enough but...the Scrogg hasn't been a pub for at least 8 year.

Guest CabayeAye

Probably half my mates are mackems and have been since the infants. None of them have ever actually expressed a desire to move to sunderland, mind.

There's nowt better than beating them, so as long as we are always one step ahead then I'm not bothered where they finish. Higher the better in fact, keeps them dangling.

Half your mates are m*ckems?! No wonder you're so miserable!!

I hate all mackems and I hate most sunderland fans.

I work with a few sunderland fans and in the main they are Ok, I've worked with mackems in the past who were plain and simple horrible twats.

I get so much joy when the fuckers get beat, but not as much pleasure as seeing us win.

I live about 10 miles away from sunderland, but I've only ever been there about 6 or 7 times ( non football visits ) and I don't like the place, I wouldn't want to live there although I'd rather live there than live in say Manchester or Liverpool, both places are by far worse than sunderland IMO.

I thinks it's fair to say I hate them as much they hate us.

But sunderland are by far more obsessed about us as we are about them, this is because

we are a bigger and better club, Newcastle is a much better place with much better people, and the mackems know this.

Guest CabayeAye

I hate all mackems and I hate most sunderland fans.

I work with a few sunderland fans and in the main they are Ok, I've worked with mackems in the past who were plain and simple horrible twats.

I get so much joy when the fuckers get beat, but not as much pleasure as seeing us win.

I live about 10 miles away from sunderland, but I've only ever been there about 6 or 7 times ( non football visits ) and I don't like the place, I wouldn't want to live there although I'd rather live there than live in say Manchester or Liverpool, both places are by far worse than sunderland IMO.

I thinks it's fair to say I hate them as much they hate us.

But sunderland are by far more obsessed about us as we are about them, this is because

we are a bigger and better club, Newcastle is a much better place with much better people, and the mackems know this.

Manchester is an awesome city. I spent 5 years living there and it was brilliant. Liverpool, on the other hand, is just awful in every way.