Bands that you don't really like and probably never will

ajax_andy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how much I try Pearl Jam & Miles Davis spring to mind. I've bought CDs from them both in the hope of getting what it is people like. Still nothing doing.

I actually loved a couple of songs off Ten when the cool kids at school were listening....it was only a decade latter I got the full album and felt let down.

Like many prolific artists, Miles Davis made some sublime and some utter gash recordings.

I find it's very much a mood thing with him- sometimes he hits the spot , other times I can't get past the opening bars.

Cream's albums are fucking SHOCKING, man. Disreali Gears isn't even the best psychedelic album released in November 1967. Magical Mystery Tour, Forever Changes and After Bathing at Baxter's all do it in. And it's not even the best psychedelic album released that year by a British 3-piece because Axis: Bold as Love was out a week later and it had better musicianship and songwriting on it.

I honestly thought Cream was a joke I didn't get.

As for Pink Floyd, I will never be deterred. Boring as sin

Agree about Floyd, criminally overrtated,usually by those whose lives are controlled by a plant.

Cream for me are brilliant, and I appear not to be as well versed in mid-late 60s psychedelia as your good self but you cant compare Disreali Gears with Magical Mystery Tour man! :lol: Thats like comparing Public Enemy with Carly Simon ;)

Edited by PaddockLad

Not a best-ever (albeit critically and studentially acclaimed), not a band and he only springs to mind now because he just turned up on SongPop - but I really don't like Beck.

Not a best-ever (albeit critically and studentially acclaimed), not a band and he only springs to mind now because he just turned up on SongPop - but I really don't like Beck.

Never really been a fan either myself but i have been known to sing the song Loser on Lips (xbox) from time to time... Got so enthusiastic whilst belting it out once that I vomited on the floor. I had been drinking whiskey in all fairness tho :D

Never really been a fan either myself but i have been known to sing the song Loser on Lips (xbox) from time to time... Got so enthusiastic whilst belting it out once that I vomited on the floor. I had been drinking whiskey in all fairness tho :D

Life imitating art. ;)

Stained perform Comfortably Numb better than Pink Floyd ever could. Brilliant song, just needed anyone other than PF to record it.

:lol: Get the fuck out.

The best version of Comfortably Numb is the one with Van Morrison sang at that Berlin Wall gig.

Guest CabayeAye

Elvis

Amy Winehouse

The Rolling Stones

Anything post 2001 (with about four exceptions)

Adele

Metallica (except a couple of songs)

The Beatles (ditto)

Def Leppard

And lots of others.